Single A State Poll 1/10/11

TitanicVol

There is a lot of talent this year in A. I've heard Lake County is the real deal this year and Moore County will be up there with the best of the best. Though I haven't seen Jackson County play I assumed coming into the season, though they would still be good, that they would be somewhat down with losing 4 senior starters their best player in Laken Leonard, but I was wrong and they have picked up right where they left off. I've also heard that Jackson County has as many weapons as they've ever had.. Clarkrange lost their 2 best players but like Jackson County they reload every year as well. RBS is a very good team but is right where they belong in the #9 ranking because they play noone that gives them any credibility of being the team I know they're capable of being. Just my input on what I know and what I think :thumb:

Swanson,I greee with you.Many thought Jackson Co would be down but looks like another strong team.Same as Moore Co.I have seen some posts by Point Guard that Scotts Hill looks to be better than last year.Pt Guard saw Lake Co at Martin Westview at a camp earlier this year with a lot of top teams..Summertown was there,Perry Co was there..Wayne Co was there..Lake Co played Wayne co and won by 10.Although just a camp,still maybe proved that Lake Co isn't too bad.Many consider Wayne Co to be the top team just as many consider Moore Co.,Lake Co and Jackson Co..We can't compare any of our teams.I did see that Moore Co beat Summertown by 14 points.Perry Co beat that same Summertown team by 7 points.Lake Co beat Perry Co by 16 points at Perry co. Also saw that Wayne co beat Summertown by 12 points.Moore Co beat Summertown by 14 points.So..by looking at Lake Co versus Wayne co in the camp,the Moore Co -Summertown and Wayne co -Summertown scores..we look to be at the top as well.Not saying Lake Co is for sure the number 1 team.It could be Moore Co.could be Jackson co.,could be Scoots Hill..Better not overlook a couple more teams in our region.Greenfield is coming on and capable of beating anybody.Ask Liberty.Greenfield is the only team to beat Liberty and Liberty is ranked about 5th in AA.Lake Co also hasn't lost to a Single A team.You have heard of Gibson co..won the Stete the past two years in AA..Obion Central and Westview are also in that same district.Obion Central is ranked about 4th in AA.Lake Co lost in overtime to Central in a game that T.T. Flowers had 3 fouls called against her in the first 3 minutes.Lake Co had a 12 point lead in the first 3 minutes.T.T. ended up playing just a little bit more than a quarter.Lake Co lost in overtime.If all the players for Lake Co stay out of foul trouble,they can beat anyone in Single A.There's probably about 8 teams maybe 9 that have a legimate shot.I'm also not counting out Greenfield or Bradford.Again..Point Guard has seen Lake co.She seemed to think we are pretty good.Thought we were up there with Jackson Co,Wayne Co.,Moore Co. I imagine these are teams Pt.Guard has actually seen.Anyway.good luck to Jackson Co.You just may get your wish to play Scotts Hills or Lake Co.And I doubt many ..if any team in Single A will run with Lake Co.I hear Scotts Hill likes to run.Most teams prefer to play a zone.But we do have some shooters.And if they are hitting..could be a long night for the other team.

Edited by mrbigster

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what I have seen from these teams, I would rank the top of Class A like this:

1. Moore County

2. Jackson County

3. Lake County

4. Wayne County

T5. Scotts Hill

T5. Clarkrange

Those top four teams are all capable of beating one another. They all have different strengths and weaknesses. For example, Moore County's starting five is probably the best starting five in the bunch (when they are all healthy) and they have the best post duo in Class A. However, they lack depth, their PG is young, and their outside shooting is questionable at times. Their strengths are the weaknesses of other teams listed above, and some of their weaknesses are the strengths of those teams as well.

I would say that Scotts Hill and Clarkrange are just a hair below those four. No one is the clear favorite for the Gold Ball this year, and you can bet someone not listed above will make some noise and knock off someone.

Edited by ptguard12

Based on what I have seen from these teams, I would rank the top of Class A like this:

1. Moore County

2. Jackson County

3. Lake County

4. Wayne County

T5. Scotts Hill

T5. Clarkrange

Those top four teams are all capable of beating one another. They all have different strengths and weaknesses. For example, Moore County's starting five is probably the best starting five in the bunch (when they are all healthy) and they have the best post duo in Class A. However, they lack depth, their PG is young, and their outside shooting is questionable at times. Their strengths are the weaknesses of other teams listed above, and some of their weaknesses are the strengths of those teams as well.

I would say that Scotts Hill and Clarkrange are just a hair below those four. No one is the clear favorite for the Gold Ball this year, and you can bet someone not listed above will make some noise and knock off someone.

Always love to hear input from you Ptguard12 as your insight is correct 99% of the time. Would love to see you're top 10 like the good ole times!

Always love to hear input from you Ptguard12 as your insight is correct 99% of the time. Would love to see you're top 10 like the good ole times!

I agree.From someone that has seen most of the teams.Like Point Guard said,some of the other teams weaknesses could play into Lake Co's hands also.Lake Co has played taller teams.Just about every team is taller.Westview,Central..Plus Greenfield has a strong inside game.But Pt.Guard said Moore Co is young at the guard spot.Hopefully the speed and press of Lake Co will off set Moore Co's post play.And also,if what Pt.Guard says is true,if Moore Co doesn't have any depth,could spell trouble against the top teams.May can get away with it against some teams but not the top teams.That could be a key as well.But the same can be said for Lake Co.If T.T. isn't on the floor..it changes Lake Co also.Hopefully the officials will let the teams play if we happen to be one of the teams.But I like the speed of Lake Co and Carnation is so quick down low,hope she can go around the taller players.

I hope Lake Co. can go out and win the Single A state this year. As I've told bigster on another thread, the only thing I worry about with LC is their lack of a true post player. They have Hart down in the post and she does a very good job there, but against teams like Jackson and Moore Co., it might come back to haunt them. Guard wise, I think Lake Co. could play with anyone in the state. They're probably the most athletic "good" team in Single A as well.

I hope Lake Co. can go out and win the Single A state this year. As I've told bigster on another thread, the only thing I worry about with LC is their lack of a true post player. They have Hart down in the post and she does a very good job there, but against teams like Jackson and Moore Co., it might come back to haunt them. Guard wise, I think Lake Co. could play with anyone in the state. They're probably the most athletic "good" team in Single A as well.

That's what I'm hoping..that the athletes are quick enough to offset the height of the taller players.We've looked pretty good lately but tonight,had we played anyone other than Halls,..we would be looking at a loss.The intensity was nowhere where it should be for a top ten team in the State ,much less a top 2 or 3.No way Lake Co would have beaten Greenfield,Bradford,Union City or South Fulton tonight.And a team like Moore Co,Wayne Co,Jackson woule have won by 20 points.Shamone Pearson didn't play at all.Not sure if she was sick or in the dog house.Carnation Hart didn't play but a couple minutes of the 3rd quarter and none in the fourth.I'm assumming Coach Johnson felt he had the game won or didn't like her play tonight.But to me..Tiana Gray was about the only player that looked half way decent.A state contending team has to bring it every night.Halls hit about 7 3 pointers.Congrats to Halls.They looked much better than I'd seen earlier.But the hustle and intensity of Lake Co tonight was just awful.Anyway Lake Co won 62-38.

That's what I'm hoping..that the athletes are quick enough to offset the height of the taller players.We've looked pretty good lately but tonight,had we played anyone other than Halls,..we would be looking at a loss.The intensity was nowhere where it should be for a top ten team in the State ,much less a top 2 or 3.No way Lake Co would have beaten Greenfield,Bradford,Union City or South Fulton tonight.And a team like Moore Co,Wayne Co,Jackson woule have won by 20 points.Shamone Pearson didn't play at all.Not sure if she was sick or in the dog house.Carnation Hart didn't play but a couple minutes of the 3rd quarter and none in the fourth.I'm assumming Coach Johnson felt he had the game won or didn't like her play tonight.But to me..Tiana Gray was about the only player that looked half way decent.A state contending team has to bring it every night.Halls hit about 7 3 pointers.Congrats to Halls.They looked much better than I'd seen earlier.But the hustle and intensity of Lake Co tonight was just awful.Anyway Lake Co won 62-38.

Every team has a down game. GC had theirs last year against Obion Co. and we got beat. It's part of the game. Some teams just don't get up as much as they should against lesser teams. LC will be fine.

Lake Co looked like a state ranked team tonight in beating Humboldt 56-28 with the clock running in the 4th quarter..Lake Co lead 50 to 14 at the end of 3,and played several different players .Lake Co looked very quick tonight.T.T. didn't have her best shooting game but forgot how fast she is.She was all over the place like a jet..Carnation looked very quick.Shamone and Tiana looked quicker tonight than I thought they were.Both made some plays and Shamone hit several 3 pointers..Made about 3 in a row at one time.Shasta Bolden came off the bench and was impressive..Overall..a good win

Wow.Can't figure out who votes on these polls.Lake Co was tied for the number 1 spot last week and even the local paper here was talking about the fact that Lake Co was tied at the number 1 spot,had 4 impressive wins in 7 days,with all of them being more than 30 point wins and drop 2 spots.Amazing.It did say that Lake Co picked up more 1st place votes with 7 but still dropped.And one of those teams ranked ahead of them had a 5 point win.And the win wasn't against a top 10 team.Won by 31 points against Union City in which everyone played.Union City had beaten a very good Greenfield team previously.The same Greenfield team that is the only team to beat Liberty,a team ranked about 3rd in AA.Lake Co also beat 62-38 with without one of the starters even playing,beat Trenton at Trenton 59-27 with everyone playing and had Humboldt 50-14 at the end of the 3rd quarter.The clock ran in the 4th quarter and Lake Co won 56-28 .Go figure.

Edited by lcwildfalcon

Wow.Can't figure out who votes on these polls.Lake Co was tied for the number 1 spot last week and even the local paper here was talking about the fact that Lake Co was tied at the number 1 spot,had 4 impressive wins in 7 days,with all of them being more than 30 point wins and drop 2 spots.Amazing.It did say that Lake Co picked up more 1st place votes with 7 but still dropped.And one of those teams ranked ahead of them had a 5 point win.And the win wasn't against a top 10 team.Won by 31 points against Union City in which everyone played.Union City had beaten a very good Greenfield team previously.The same Greenfield team that is the only team to beat Liberty,a team ranked about 3rd in AA.Lake Co also beat 62-38 with without one of the starters even playing,beat Trenton at Trenton 59-27 with everyone playing and had Humboldt 50-14 at the end of the 3rd quarter.The clock ran in the 4th quarter and Lake Co won 56-28 .Go figure.

Which school ranked ahead of them had a 5 point win against an unranked opponent?

Which school ranked ahead of them had a 5 point win against an unranked opponent?

Sorry..I remembered looking at the schedules and was thinking Wayne Co had played Cascade.But I also din't know Loretto was ranked either.But my post is not really if Moore Co is #1 or Wayne Co is #1 or Jackson Co is #1 or Lake Co is #1.My post is about..I can't see how a team is ranked # 1 in the State.Wins 4 games by very large margings with the clock running,and drops 2 spots.I'd think the same thing if it happened to Wayne Co.I guess Coach Johnson is going to have to beat teams 90 to 20 but that's not the way he coaches.And I know it wasn't a real game but in the camp at Westview,Lake Co did beat Wayne Co by 10 points.But I guess the voters don't know that because it wasn't an official game and they can't see it on CoachT.No big deal.Just that Lake Co doesn't seem to get any recognition for doing good.But sratch a few vehicles by a couple idiots and everyone on Coach T knows.Even the voters.