AAA AP Poll

ScoutTeam

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what sucks? out of the Top 4 & #6, only 2 of them will go to the State Tournament. good teams, but West TN only gets 2 spots in Murfreesboro.

sure is nice to be at #2 in AAA though, after only being up there a year and a half.

Yeah that does, but look back at the last 3 State Finals Match-ups they all came out of the West.

09-10 White Station-Melrose

08-09 White Station-Raleigh Egypt

07-08 White Station-Ridgeway

how is siegel rated ahead of oak ridge when i sat and watched oak ridge smoke them by 15 points at a neutral site? polls are crap, period

I don't understand that either, and you are completely right the polls mean nothing. They are just for the fans to brag about. Melrose is #1 and they lost to an unranked White Station team, but is it crazy to write off the defending state champions with all the talent and experience they put out on the court every night?

I do think the polls do impact the kids. It confirms to them that their effort does pay off and they get some reconition in the state and pride for their team. I would also think some college coaches would take the time to check into who are the best players on the strongest programs. But the goal should always be a state title. The guys that vote should put more effort into reviewing schedules.

White Station beat No1 Melrose friday night. This should shake up the polls again. The Fed-Ex games Monday should bring some light to where some should be in the Polls. Going to be an interesting Monday for sure. "GO CHOCTAWS"

I believe the rankings are voted on Monday ..So are the Choctaws going to be like the Memphis Tigers years ago with Keith Lee and Bobby Parks and went to Blacksburg Virginia and lost to Virginia Tech just hours later?What about it ole buddy?

I know what everyone says about rankings, that they are for the fans and don't matter. But I have one question: How can White Station be ranked 44th in the country by rivals and be ranked 8th in the state in AAA!? This makes no sense! They are the highest rated team in Tennessee but according to the writers are the 8th best team in their class. C'mon man!

I think the writers don't have a clue, and I have nothing to do with White Station, I am a Bearden fan.

I know what everyone says about rankings, that they are for the fans and don't matter. But I have one question: How can White Station be ranked 44th in the country by rivals and be ranked 8th in the state in AAA!? This makes no sense! They are the highest rated team in Tennessee but according to the writers are the 8th best team in their class. C'mon man!

I think the writers don't have a clue, and I have nothing to do with White Station, I am a Bearden fan.

Correct writers dont have a clue..most dont even attend any games ..