Miss Basketball Thread

CoachT

There should be cosideration who you played against, who you played with(team mates, if you score 25-30 of your teams 35) and don't get out of region and shoot 50 times a game and the other teams average 60 then your not a vialible candidate. None of these young ladies are like that but a lot of great players get overlooked because their team is balanced and theres 3 or 4 good players on their team. I've seen people gripe when 4 or 5 starters from one team make all tourney but most of time they dominated and all of them deserved it.

Edited by senator

There should be cosideration who you played against, who you played with(team mates, if you score 25-30 of your teams 35) and don't get out of region and shoot 50 times a game and the other teams average 60 then your not a vialible candidate. None of these young ladies are like that but a lot of great players get overlooked because their team is balanced and theres 3 or 4 good players on their team. I've seen people gripe when 4 or 5 starters from one team make all tourney but most of time they dominated and all of them deserved it.

That's a great statement. I believe they should take in consideration of who you played against as well. Good players are going to score points, but if you can score points against good teams then you have something to brag about.

Haven't read all of this thread, but Kayla Keyes from Harding in Division II A has to be a contender. Dropped in 29 against Jackson Christian Wednesday, and 40 against USJ on Thursday. She is a Sophomore and reminds me a whole lot of Butler from GC last year - can drive and stop on a dime, elevate and deliver. She's good folks.

It's all good.Just trying to pull Pioneer's chain but he hasn't answered..lol..Back to Miss Basketball...Good luck to Gibson co in the tournament.

Congrats to TT for being nominated for Miss Basketball in the class A division.

Here are all of the nominees for the ladies...

Class A Miss Basketball Finalists

Carly Daniel, Wayne County

T.T. Flowers, Lake County

Rachel Garland, Moore County

Class AA Miss Basketball Finalists

Jenna Adams, McMinn Central

Kayla Biles, Upperman

Mackenzie Sells, Livingston Academy

Class AAA Miss Basketball Finalists

Shacobia Barbee, Riverdale

Hasina Muhammad, Ridgeway

Caya Williams, Mt. Juliet

Division II-A Miss Basketball Finalists

Marjorie Butler, Webb School of Knoxville

Kaylah Keys, Harding Academy

Derica Wyatt, Franklin Road Academy

Division II-AA Miss Basketball Finalists

Chadarryl Clay, Girls Preparatory School

Symone Daniels, St. Benedict

Taylor Reece, Brentwood Academy

Edited by justthefacts

Congrats to TT for being nominated for Miss Basketball in the class A division.

Here are all of the nominees for the ladies...

Class A Miss Basketball Finalists

Carly Daniel, Wayne County

T.T. Flowers, Lake County

Rachel Garland, Moore County

Class AA Miss Basketball Finalists

Jenna Adams, McMinn Central

Kayla Biles, Upperman

Mackenzie Sells, Livingston Academy

Class AAA Miss Basketball Finalists

Shacobia Barbee, Riverdale

Hasina Muhammad, Ridgeway

Caya Williams, Mt. Juliet

Since you edited your comment to add the other two lists, I withdraw my earlier comment - thanks for the edit.

Edited by movinonup

Congrats to T.T. and all the other ladies in all the classes.Most seem to think Carly Daniel will win and maybe so being a senior.T.T. will probably carry the West,the othe rtwo girls will probably split in Middle Tenn and with Lake Co so far away from East Tenn,T.T. probably won't get any East Tenn votes so I look for the other ladies to split that as well.Looking for T.T. to finish 3rd if that happens.That's why it may be important for Lake Co to somehow hopefully make the Boro and maybe T.T. can get some people from East Tenn to see her .But if that happens,she will have to perform and not have a bad game.With Garland being a junior also,her and T.T. should be the early favorites,so could be important to how the teams do next year.Don't know what Moore Co has coming back but Lake Co has everyone back So hopefully a great year next year will help out if she doesn't win this year.Congrats to all the girls nominated.