Miss Basketball Thread

CoachT

Ok Child.Miss Butler is the best player to ever come from West Tenn.She's a pretty good player A lot of difference between playing at Martin and being a high scoring freshman and a college like Texas and Tenn where they play against top notch competion just about every game..I brought Butler and the others into the converation only as to the fact that for the past two years couldn't come on here without a post from Pioneer.This year not so much.But they are winning and he's on more.And also because he's usually negative about T.T. or Lake Co.T.T. can't dribble.Lake Co or Carnation doesn't have the height to stop Miss Basketball from Jackson co.Wasn't it Clay Co that just beat them.Someone must have done something.Now see he's picking Bradford against Lake Co.That could very well happen but I seem to see a pattern.If Lake Co switched jerseys and it was the same players wearing Gibson co jerseys and had beaten Bradford twice already,would he have predicted that.We all know he doesn't want Lake Co to win.And that's fine.Like you said.he has his right to that.You do also.And so do I.I don't mind stirring the pot.I give credit where it is do.When Lake Co hasn't played well,I've come on here and said they didn't look like a top team.When they play like they played against Bradford,Union City and a couple more games,could beat any Single a teams.They may lose tonight.They may not make it to state.We all realize there are teams capapable of winning on a given night.But when little T.T. is on the floor,the player that can't dribble with her left hand,can't shoot,can't run,fouls way too much,still Lake Co is a tough team to beat.Can't figutre that out.Why are they better with her on the floor since she can't do anything?I know as soon as Lake Co loses,if they do..going to be I told you so about T.T. and the rest of the Lady Falcons.You can beat teams by 30 points every game and have that 1 game when you lose and people are going to say,they wasn't that good.Same for Scotts Hill.They are going to have to win it all to stop the naysayers.Shouldn't be that way.They made the State last year,just about or all of them back and there are still some doubters.Just going to take 1 game for either of us from going to a good team to a team that must not have been that good.Lake Co may not win it all,maybe won't get past the region.Lake Co didn't invent basketball like some folks in Gibson Co think the Pioneers did.I sure hope T.T. plays decent tonight.After all ,we are in Gibson Co tonight even though it is in Trenton and I'm sure Pioneer will be there..maybe some more Gibson co fans and if T.T. can't dribble tonight,I'm sure we'll hear all about it.Heaven forbif if she has a bad game.She scored 9 against Halls a couple nights ago in about a half and Carnation had about 25 points.So I guess it depends on what people look as a bad game.Wonder how Carnation got so many points.I'm sure T.T. wasn't a part of it.

remember those are your words about butler, not mine. never claimed she was the best. why knock her because she plays for utm? trust me, she had plenty of big school offers. i believe they utm played louisville, vanderbilt, and kentucky this year. always thought they were big time schools, but then i just an old boy from ky. anyway, it is like comparing apples to oranges. butler certainly has joined an elite group of players in tn and there is no shame in that. hope that the teams and players that you root for do they're very best in the post season. peace

remember those are your words about butler, not mine. never claimed she was the best. why knock her because she plays for utm? trust me, she had plenty of big school offers. i believe they utm played louisville, vanderbilt, and kentucky this year. always thought they were big time schools, but then i just an old boy from ky. anyway, it is like comparing apples to oranges. butler certainly has joined an elite group of players in tn and there is no shame in that. hope that the teams and players that you root for do they're very best in the post season. peace

I'm not knocking her.She's a good player.Like I said,was more intended toward Pioneer ,who seems to not like T.T. and Lake Co.But we can play some ball also.Nothing against UTM.I say congrats to any kid that gets a scholarship whether it's Martin or Dyersburg St.A lot of players can't say that.As to Wardawg's post about UTM scouting T.T.I knew they had sent a letter .Do't know if they are offering.If so.I wish her well wherever she goes but hope not to UTM personally.I know it's close to home but with the former Gibson Co coach being there and I'm sure he talks to Gibson Co's best fan Pioneer,and with Butler there.would never get off the bench with the greatness of Butler.

Edited by mrbigster

I know they have played Louisville,Vanderbilt and Kentucky.Have also played Missouri.Also played powerhouse Morehouse St who won by about 15 or 20 points. I said just about every game at Texas or Tenn they played good teams.Not just 1 or 2 games.I wouldn't call a couple of those teams as great major college teams although Vandy has had some excellent teams .Peace back.

I'm not knocking her.She's a good player.Like I said,was more intended toward Pioneer ,who seems to not like T.T. and Lake Co.But we can play some ball also.Nothing against UTM.I say congrats to any kid that gets a scholarship whether it's Martin or Dyersburg St.A lot of players can't say that.As to Wardawg's post about UTM scouting T.T.I knew they had sent a letter .Do't know if they are offering.If so.I wish her well wherever she goes but hope not to UTM personally.I know it's close to home but with the former Gibson Co coach being there and talking to Gibson Co's best fan Pioneer,and with Butler there.would never get off the bench with the greatness of Butler.

well brother, i dont know about all that. mcmillan certainly has a foundation to build on and im sure that if a letter has been sent to tt, then he sees a spot for her somewhere in the future. and if you keep up with utm this year, butler isnt the only great player on the team. :)..i like lake county, and the folks there have a heritage to be proud of. and it isnt just carl perkins and boyettes!...lol!! peace

well brother, i dont know about all that. mcmillan certainly has a foundation to build on and im sure that if a letter has been sent to tt, then he sees a spot for her somewhere in the future. and if you keep up with utm this year, butler isnt the only great player on the team. :)..i like lake county, and the folks there have a heritage to be proud of. and it isnt just carl perkins and boyettes!...lol!! peace

It's all good.Just trying to pull Pioneer's chain but he hasn't answered..lol..Back to Miss Basketball...Good luck to Gibson co in the tournament.

bigster, you get too tore up about this stuff man. Relax, enjoy coacht, and enjoy the games. Don't stay so tensed up all the time. As for me not posting much about Gibson Co. this year because we are down.... LOL..... that's your funniest post yet. We are in the district championship on Monday night. Even in our down years, we win 20 games and make district championships, huh? On a not so harsh note, I have been to more UTM games (home and away) than I have been to Gibson Co. games this year. That just may be the reason as to why I don't post about Gibson as much on here.

As for you hoping TT doesn't go to UTM because me and McMillan talk to each other, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard on here. Why don't you support TT reguardless of where she goes. UTM has offered TT. I do know that. Don't let my opinion dictate anything that has to do with UTM or the coaches. They obviously think that she is good enough to play for UTM. I will quit being critical of LC and TT. Good luck!

Edited by GCPioneer

bigster, you get too tore up about this stuff man. Relax, enjoy coacht, and enjoy the games. Don't stay so tensed up all the time. As for me not posting much about Gibson Co. this year because we are down.... LOL..... that's your funniest post yet. We are in the district championship on Monday night. Even in our down years, we win 20 games and make district championships, huh? On a not so harsh note, I have been to more UTM games (home and away) than I have been to Gibson Co. games this year. That just may be the reason as to why I don't post about Gibson as much on here.

As for you hoping TT doesn't go to UTM because me and McMillan talk to each other, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard on here. Why don't you support TT reguardless of where she goes. UTM has offered TT. I do know that. Don't let my opinion dictate anything that has to do with UTM or the coaches. They obviously think that she is good enough to play for UTM. I will quit being critical of LC and TT. Good luck!

one before i say anything im going to say i grew up in lc but lived in gc for a very long time so you lc fans cant say im biased lol one i think one of you lc fans said butler was the best player ever from west tn well she didnt win mrs basketball last year another girl from west tn did . two dont be knocking kids for going to utm cause i think 2 mrs basketball winners are on that team from last year. three gc has a great program and know how to win and do things the right way thats why they had hundreds of kids come to their individual camps and lc bring their entire team and alot of others teams do also i know cause i worked at the camps not saying lc coaches are no good not saying that at all i know them personal i love them as a matter of fact lol but they know gc coaches from last year knew a little bit more than they do thats why just about every school in west tn uses them same plays that gc ran from the past years cause they work. and i agree with gc pioneer if tt would have played at gc she would be better player not saying she aint good now she will just added some stuff to her game example she would be able to shoot the ball better. but like i said she is a good player i dont think she will win mrs basketball this year though next year she will.and i will be sure to ask gc coach to put lc on the schedule next year lol

I said at firt they were losing some games,but started winning.And I am enjoying Coach T.I love going at it with you on here.Two masterminds that know high school sports...lol

I don't think it should matter what grade you're in as long as you are in high school. Miss Basketball is given to a young lady that is the best in that particular year. It shouldn't matter how many points they've scored in previous years, it should only matter in that one year what the player has done on the court. There are many young lady's that would be very deserving of the award but i'm telling every one right now that Jaycee Coe from Jackson County is one of the best players in the state regardless of the fact that she is a freshman and regardless of what division she plays in and she is on one of the best teams in the state that plays a very very high level of competition. She may not win it but i promise you she should be in the top 5 and is very worthy of consideration. Those of you that have't seen her play, make sure you get a seat up close at the state tournament and those of you that have seen her, well i don't need to say anything. When the opposing team puts their best player on you and face guards you all night long and you still drop over 20 a game you're pretty special :popcorneater:

Layce Colter from RBS faces the opponents best defender everytime she steps on the floor. She faces a box&1 defense everytime she plays. And once had a triangle2 defense played against her where 2 players followed her where ever she went on the floor. And she still averages 21 a game and has hit over 100 3 pointers this year.

Layce Colter from RBS faces the opponents best defender everytime she steps on the floor. She faces a box&1 defense everytime she plays. And once had a triangle2 defense played against her where 2 players followed her where ever she went on the floor. And she still averages 21 a game and has hit over 100 3 pointers this year.

She would be a great canidate for it, but what hurts her is the weak schedule RBS plays...she puts up great numbers against nobodys and that kills her chances at Miss Basketball...