Miss Basketball Thread

CoachT

Moore County loses vann which is a good source of rebounds but they have a 6-4 freshman that could help with that..They will still win district next year probably..Forrest will give them a run

So Moore Co.,Lake Co.,Jackson co and by your comment,Forrest all have young teams.Must be nicre having a 6'4 freshman.Must be nice just having a 6 footer no matter what class.I believe Lake Co's tallest player is about 5'6.

moore county loses more than that, i see them play almost every game and think that most people do not know that all 3 seniors have been playing hurt this year. I thought for sure that heahter and rachel would be nominated but feared that the committee would not put two from the same team on the nomination. Heather has moved to a different role this season and has played a solid season not always showing up in the stats, although they are good...she adds a calming influence to the team while she is on the floor...late in the games she is money from the free throw line and can knock it down from anywhere on the court...key rebounds, steals, timely shot....she is a floor leader....i hate that either one of the girls had to be nominated without the other also, i wish both girls and the team great luck this year and the next

There should be cosideration who you played against, who you played with(team mates, if you score 25-30 of your teams 35) and don't get out of region and shoot 50 times a game and the other teams average 60 then your not a vialible candidate. None of these young ladies are like that but a lot of great players get overlooked because their team is balanced and theres 3 or 4 good players on their team. I've seen people gripe when 4 or 5 starters from one team make all tourney but most of time they dominated and all of them deserved it.

Hope Scantland from Jackson County held Kayla Biles to I think 11 points and Makinzee Sells to 4 points this year. The average fan don't understand that the level of competition you play should be a huge factor in the selection for this award.

Hope Scantland from Jackson County held Kayla Biles to I think 11 points and Makinzee Sells to 4 points this year. The average fan don't understand that the level of competition you play should be a huge factor in the selection for this award.

I agree. Jenna Adams has played against the #7 rated schedule this year, and she's averaging a double/double.

I'm an average fan and I see the talent in both Makenzie and Kayla. You are talking about one team that plays these 2 girls and that they were held to so many points. Do you really think Makenzie's or Kayla's year is based around Jackson Co. game? When these teams play each other is like playing a sister because you know each other backwards and forwards. It will always be that way between these 3 schools, good tough game. I mean no disrespect to Biles because in her case, she takes on the double teams because she doesn't have as strong supporting cast to pass off to where Sells does. Makenzie Sells is surrounded by a team full of girls who can score at will. We see it every week, when Sells is double teamed she passes the ball of to score for the team not to take it on in and build her numbers. So, back to your comment, do you feel like these 2 girls whole season should be based off of 2 games?

MTSU sees what we see when watching Makenzie, it's not all about her, and she does what's best for the team.

I'm an average fan and I see the talent in both Makenzie and Kayla. You are talking about one team that plays these 2 girls and that they were held to so many points. Do you really think Makenzie's or Kayla's year is based around Jackson Co. game? When these teams play each other is like playing a sister because you know each other backwards and forwards. It will always be that way between these 3 schools, good tough game. I mean no disrespect to Biles because in her case, she takes on the double teams because she doesn't have as strong supporting cast to pass off to where Sells does. Makenzie Sells is surrounded by a team full of girls who can score at will. We see it every week, when Sells is double teamed she passes the ball of to score for the team not to take it on in and build her numbers. So, back to your comment, do you feel like these 2 girls whole season should be based off of 2 games?

MTSU sees what we see when watching Makenzie, it's not all about her, and she does what's best for the team.

You must just be an average fan or you would have seen that was a compliment.