Former East Tennessee Schools

rollredroll

Thanks again to everyone for the info. The school history info above is also very helpful. One of the many tasks I am approaching in the offseason is adding score pages for closed schools, such as the ones above. There are approximately 55 closed schools on the site now, and after adding some of those above and others in Middle and West Tennessee, there likely will be over 100 closed schools to track.

As always, if anyone has gaps to fill where there are missing scores/games, I appreciate the help.

Edited by rollredroll

I think you need also Englewood and Etowah, which possibly was called the Pile Drivers?

PUMMELKING, I need to add Englewood and Etowah as well. Right now, I am short on schedules/scores pre-1969, and I think those schools ceased around 1965 or 1966. But, I will add those very soon as I start pulling the pre-1969 years.

One other question for the board:

Many of the old papers refer to Tazewell, Mountain City, and Huntsville. Are these Claiborne, Johnson County, and Scott as we know them today? I assume so but want to be sure.

PUMMELKING, I need to add Englewood and Etowah as well. Right now, I am short on schedules/scores pre-1969, and I think those schools ceased around 1965 or 1966. But, I will add those very soon as I start pulling the pre-1969 years.

One other question for the board:

Many of the old papers refer to Tazewell, Mountain City, and Huntsville. Are these Claiborne, Johnson County, and Scott as we know them today? I assume so but want to be sure.

Mountain City is in Johnson County.

Thanks again for all the feedback. A few more questions that I'm still fuzzy on after reading this thread and the one Red Rebels linked:

Jefferson High School - was this is Dandridge? Nicknames/colors?

Parrottsville - nicknames/colors? Successor school? I see a few years of scores in the early-to-mid 70s but that's it.

Alcoa Hall - what's the story with this school? I see scores in 1967 but none before or after.

Thanks again for all the feedback. A few more questions that I'm still fuzzy on after reading this thread and the one Red Rebels linked:

Jefferson High School - was this is Dandridge? Nicknames/colors?

Parrottsville - nicknames/colors? Successor school? I see a few years of scores in the early-to-mid 70s but that's it.

Alcoa Hall - what's the story with this school? I see scores in 1967 but none before or after.

Charles M. Hall was the all Black school in Alcoa before integration.