District 14A Tournament

mrbigster

bigster, some of your posts are ignorant and I'm beginning to lose respect towards your post. I sat with UC people tonight and was told 2 starters were out. What 2 they were, I'm clueless. I wasn't making an excuse for UC. Greenfield just got on here bashing UC and Sisco and I'm a huge Sisco fan. UC WAS NOT better than Lake Co. tonight! Does this make you and your LC buddies happy? Hate on me because I don't agree with alot you say. Hate on UTM because me and McMillan know each other :roflol: You take this stuff way too far man. And for the record, 1 player WOULD NOT have made a 36 point difference. Therefor, LC won fair and square. Congratulations on your thumping over UC. Bash Sisco and company while you can because they'll be back in years to come, just look at their jr. high team.

There you go talking about their junior high team.They are very good.Lake Co has a couple kids at th middle school team that can play as well.And guess what.?The little guard you saw very fast on the floor starting for Lake Co is a freshman.The kid that blocked several shots and made a lot of baskets down low and rebounded is a sophomore.So Lake Co is going to be fine the next 3 or 4 years.And the middle school girls team at Lake Co just played and lost the so called state by 1 point against Dyersburg.The Lake Co middle school isn't playing Springhill,Yorkville and Frog Jump.Thay are playing Northview,Three Oaks,Humboldt,Union city,Dyersburg etc..Have lost about 1 game in the new middle school gym in about 5 years.Have two very good players at the middle school.Maybe another T.T. clone.They'll be able to come up next year and play behind T.T.,Carnation.Then the following year have a chance to start along with Simone Pearson,a sophomore starter..Tiana Gray,the player that starts and made the 3's against Bradford is a freshman starter..Kelia Jones,another freshman and T.T.'s younger sister.So things look awful bright when Lake Co maybe gets to play the Pioneers.

Edited by mrbigster

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pioneer,

Please dont defend the coach, that was the most unprepared Union City team that I have ever seen. You can win at Union City in Single A without a coach with as much talent that they have year in and year out. The coach is the most arrogant guy that I know and most people will say the same thing. Most everyone in the gym enjoyed the game last night watching the coach get humbled. As for you saying you are a Sisco fan, that tells me alot about you.

Personally tonight is a big game for me, it would kill the coach for little Greenfield to beat Union City but if it happens he will act like he did it on purpose to avoid Humboldt. The coach had better find a way to avoid Lake County because Lake County is the best team in the district.

Greenfield over Union City & Lake County over Humboldt tonight.

I agree with you.Union City doesn't want to say little ole Greenfield beat them.And if they do..going to say they wanted to.Greenfield can beat them anyway with the starters if Greenfield comes to play.Humboldt is going to be a tough game.Could go either way.We also could get blown out.

Edited by mrbigster

Are you saying the kid from FC might get to play ??... :unsure:

The lady with the son that plays for FC that told me he was going back to LC also said the reason he was going back was because he was not passing in school and she asked me how a kid in KY that was about to be ineligible could go back to Tennessee and play...She said he was talking about going to LC and play during the tournaments...

He'll help out...That's for sure...

Not really counting on it but have learned to never say never.Maybe 75 is passing in Kentucky and 70 in Tenn.I don't know his grades.He seems to think he may become eligible.If he knows he's failing,would think he'd know that he wouldn't be able to play.But he was playing there so don't know if he was about to become ineligible..Looks to me like eligibility would be in the first half for this season and the last half for the start of the first semester next year.So if he was playing after Jan for Fulton,then would think he would have been able to finish out the year.If he was failing the first half..looks like he wouldn't have been playing the second half at Fulton.So if he was..looks like he would be fine for this year at least...If he is failing the second half,look like it would be at the start of the first semester for next year.And if it's only by a point or two..we have tutors and still a couple months to bring those grades up..I'm saying is if..then Lake Co goes to a lot better team.If not..hopefully in the second semester by next year and with all the starters back.Like you said..if he gets to play.

Edited by mrbigster

Stewart played tonight and the other starter was Allen.They were without Allen.That's the only starter.Sisco is not playing Stewart tomorrow so he can rest him and not injuring himself anymore.He is not trying to dodge Humboldt. They are going to have to beat Humboldt or Lake Co in the regional semis either way.Great game by Lake Co, can't take that away from you.

Chipper ..I can see him doing that but why play him last night if he was still hurt?Or at least if he saw he wasn't ready..pull him out early.Last night's game wasn't as important as the game with South fulton in which he didn't play.Lose that game and there was no game last night.And could have hurt it worsr last night by playing.Don't understand the logic.Tells me he thought he could beat South Fulton without him..Didn't think he could beat Lake Co without him..And not worried if he beats Greenfield or not by not playing him and stay away from Humboldt.Still thinks Lake Co may be his best chance.We'll see if Union city shows up today.I could be wrong but I look for Greenfield to win today.Not saying Greenfield wouldn't win anyway even if he plays.Greenfield has a good team and Crouse and Clark can light it up.Just that Sisco seems to be content with 4th place,thinking he can beat the top team from the other district and get 1 more shot at Lake Co or whoever Lake Co plays.

Edited by mrbigster

I agree with you.Union City doesn't want to say little ole Greenfield beat them.And if they do..going to say they wanted to.Greenfield can beat them anyway with the starters if Greenfield comes to play.Humboldt is going to be a tough game.Could go either way.We also could get blown out.

It would be tough on Sisco because the coach at G'Field has run his mouth over the years about UC...Hasn't ever beaten them but still has run his mouth...

After what happened last night it could go one of two ways...1.The kids just pack it in and get beat or 2.The kids show some pride and get off the deck and win...

People talking about what would happen if the two starters were playing are talking hypotheticals...The fact is they are not playing and it will make a huge difference...Like it or not...It doesn't matter what they did before without Allen...The fact is the team had gotten used to him being in the line-up and come to depend on him...He wouldn't have made a 36 point difference in last night's game but had he been there and Stewart not been hurt I doubt that LC would have beaten UC by 36 points...Not saying UC would have won but they had beaten them two out of three times this year...But again, it's all hypothetical because they are not playing...LC and Greenfield are getting a huge break playing UC without Allen and Stewart...That is not a hypothetical, it's a fact...

And by the way, just because someone likes a coach doesn't mean squat as to who you are as a person...That's ridiculous...bigster, I'm sure you liked Calipari before he jumped ship to UK...Doesn't make you an arrogant cheater... :roflol:

Simple fact of the matter is people don't like Sisco because he has been a winner and has had a swagger about him...Two titles will give you the right to be a little arrogant...I guarantee you he hates what is going on this season but it will make him work that much harder to turn things around...

P&G I will tell you for a fact that the move of Swift from FC to LC has nothing to do with grades and that will not be a factor in his elgibility. The focus should be on this team and their continued improvement. They seem to be playing their best b-ball at the right time.People forget these guys are in year 1 of a new coach and system. What is even better is that the entire team with the exception of B.J. Gauldin(6,7 post) returns. He will be missed because he has improved all year but if Swift gets eligible he can take up the slack. as for the championship game should be a good one on monday.

Pioneer,

Please dont defend the coach, that was the most unprepared Union City team that I have ever seen. You can win at Union City in Single A without a coach with as much talent that they have year in and year out. The coach is the most arrogant guy that I know and most people will say the same thing. Most everyone in the gym enjoyed the game last night watching the coach get humbled. As for you saying you are a Sisco fan, that tells me alot about you.

Personally tonight is a big game for me, it would kill the coach for little Greenfield to beat Union City but if it happens he will act like he did it on purpose to avoid Humboldt. The coach had better find a way to avoid Lake County because Lake County is the best team in the district.

Greenfield over Union City & Lake County over Humboldt tonight.

:roflol: Do you even know Shane or do you just know him by what he does on the sidelines ??...I happen to know him and he is nothing away from his job like he is on the sidelines...

Even though Humboldt has beaten LC twice you think LC is the best team in the district ??...

P&G it isn't people don't like Sisco because he wins it is his attitude. Learn to win or lose if that is the case with a little class and humility. Nobody likes to lose but you dont have to act like a big baby when it happens. This is my opinion as an outsider looking in P&G you know I respect your opinion so feel free to tell me your thoughts as well. What is he teaching the kids playing for him by those actions??? Remember true character is shown in times of adversity and everyone in the gym got to see his character last night. This team is struggling due as much to the reinstatemnt of the Allen kid to the team as it is not having him in my opinion. The (non basketball related injury) and situation that occured shows the people who were saying that Sisco should not have let him back were probably right. To Him it is all about winning at all costs. Bowling wins in football at UC and you don't hear people bashing him because he is one class individual, a type of coach I'd want my kid to play for. Maybe he could mentor Sisco!!

P&G I will tell you for a fact that the move of Swift from FC to LC has nothing to do with grades and that will not be a factor in his elgibility. The focus should be on this team and their continued improvement. They seem to be playing their best b-ball at the right time.People forget these guys are in year 1 of a new coach and system. What is even better is that the entire team with the exception of B.J. Gauldin(6,7 post) returns. He will be missed because he has improved all year but if Swift gets eligible he can take up the slack. as for the championship game should be a good one on monday.

Just going by what the mom of a player at FC was telling me...

So he was passing all his classes at the halfway mark of this semester ??

Passing yes and remember to be eligible in Tennessee you are required to pass 5 of 7 courses which keeps you on pace toward graduation.If you are on Block schedule it is 3 out of 4. Also TN rule is changed in the fact that you cannot become ineligble at the semester anymore. If you were eligible for the year in August you remain eligble for the year but can become ineligible for the next year if you do not pass required subjects.

Edited by wardawg2038

P&G it isn't people don't like Sisco because he wins it is his attitude. Learn to win or lose if that is the case with a little class and humility. Nobody likes to lose but you dont have to act like a big baby when it happens. This is my opinion as an outsider looking in P&G you know I respect your opinion so feel free to tell me your thoughts as well. What is he teaching the kids playing for him by those actions??? Remember true character is shown in times of adversity and everyone in the gym got to see his character last night. This team is struggling due as much to the reinstatemnt of the Allen kid to the team as it is not having him in my opinion. The (non basketball related injury) and situation that occured shows the people who were saying that Sisco should not have let him back were probably right. To Him it is all about winning at all costs. Bowling wins in football at UC and you don't hear people bashing him because he is one class individual, a type of coach I'd want my kid to play for. Maybe he could mentor Sisco!!

I never would have let him back on the team...I think this was his third chance...I wouldn't say that he is all about winning at "all costs"...That to me sounds like you think he might cheat to win...Is he all about winning ??...Yeah, I'd say so...He's at a place where you are expected to win...People plan their vacations around the boys state tournament..I know I do and have for several years...UC is a bit different in that regard...As for Bowling, he is a great guy...My son played for him at Central for 4 years but he has allowed at least a couple things go on since he has been at UC where he probably should have cut loose a couple of players...I imagine that goes on just about everywhere though...

bigster, I won't waste my time replying back to your 3 page post. In fact, I didn't even read them :roflol:

As for Coach Sisco being arrogant.... NOT! You guys reflect his coaching job on what he is outside of coaching. He is not as arrogant as you people make him to be. He is one of the best coaches here in West TN and has done it all with homegrown players! Something alot of coaches around here can't say.