District 14A Tournament

mrbigster

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like my source was right.The Union city radio station reported that Allen does have a broken hand and is out and that Stewart has a hurt back and was going to miss tonight.Wasn't sure about the rest of the tournament.They also had Halls playing at Humboldt and Bradford at Lake Co which is wrong.Halls is in the Lake Co gym.

If this is true LC will cakewalk to regional championship with UC not being a threat.

Edited by memphis7

If this is true LC will cakewalk to regional championship with UC not being a threat.

Union city has played a lot of games without both these players.Allen hasn't been on the team but about half the season anyway .Stewart may end up playing.If he does,basically the same team Union City had for most of the year.I do know what I would do if Stewart doesn't play.Play a box and 1 or have somebody all over Cox,who I believe is their only real threat from deep.Put someone on him and if he frees himself,have someone else step up so he doesn't get a good look.And if I had to foul late or a close game,make sure I double team him so he doesn't get the ball and shoot the free throws.He's the one they will want on the line.

Edited by mrbigster

Greenfield boys were clicking tonight...looked really good....beat Trenton 58-44. We'll really have to bring our A game to have a chance against Humboldt. Way to go, Jackets! Great win tonight....that gets the Jackets into the Regionals this year.

Good job Greenfield not a total surprise to me. The Yellowjackets have improved this year and have beaten Peabody already this season. Good luck the rest of the way. Where is the Region being played this year?

Edited by zebra99

The region will be held at West Carroll but also heard if a region sweeps the other then it will be held at that District's tournament Champion. So if District 14-A swept District 13-A in the 1st round it would go to the number 1 seed from District 14-A. If it is not a complete sweep then the semifinals and finals are at West Caroll. On to tomorrow I hope the Falcons are ready to play and give a little payback for the loss in UC a couple of weeks ago. This game means hosting a 1st round region game which is a plus. LC needs to play aggressive d and hit the offensive glass like they did at Middleton. If they do that then they will be ok. I see Humboldt winning the other semifinal game just because to be the man you got to beat the man and the Vikings are undefeated in district play this year. Can't go against them.