District 14A Tournament

mrbigster

The region will be held at West Carroll but also heard if a region sweeps the other then it will be held at that District's tournament Champion. So if District 14-A swept District 13-A in the 1st round it would go to the number 1 seed from District 14-A. If it is not a complete sweep then the semifinals and finals are at West Caroll. On to tomorrow I hope the Falcons are ready to play and give a little payback for the loss in UC a couple of weeks ago. This game means hosting a 1st round region game which is a plus. LC needs to play aggressive d and hit the offensive glass like they did at Middleton. If they do that then they will be ok. I see Humboldt winning the other semifinal game just because to be the man you got to beat the man and the Vikings are undefeated in district play this year. Can't go against them.

The winner and the runner up in the district host their first round game. All other games will be played at the regional site.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hope to see big crowds in Trenton tonight for the two big semifinal match ups between Humboldt/Greenfield and LC/UC. These games determin who gets to host 1st round region games and the night cap between LC/UC is the district rubbermatch between two rivals. Questions abound will Allen and Stewart play for UC can LC adjust to the box and 1 that UC used effectively on Rafael Tyler at UC? Don't expect UC to be unconcious shooting like they were in the thunderdome as well. Will LC play with the defensive intensity they have the last 2 games and crash the glass as well as they did vs. Middleton. Should be a geat atmosphere and exciting next couple of tourney games.

Well hope to see big crowds in Trenton tonight for the two big semifinal match ups between Humboldt/Greenfield and LC/UC. These games determin who gets to host 1st round region games and the night cap between LC/UC is the district rubbermatch between two rivals. Questions abound will Allen and Stewart play for UC can LC adjust to the box and 1 that UC used effectively on Rafael Tyler at UC? Don't expect UC to be unconcious shooting like they were in the thunderdome as well. Will LC play with the defensive intensity they have the last 2 games and crash the glass as well as they did vs. Middleton. Should be a geat atmosphere and exciting next couple of tourney games.

Wow..That could work out great for Humboldt and could happen.I believe Greenfield has beaten both of the top teams from the other district.Not saying it will happen but a good chance.I think Allen is out for the year.I heard that from a source and the Union City radio station said that the other night.Said Stewart was up in the air and game to game.Depended on how he responds to treatment.

The game was much closer than 21 points. I was really impressed with the way Greenfield played. They ran out of gas in the second half and didn't get the shots to fall. Wes Clark is a VERY good player. I was really impressed with how strong he is with the ball and taking it to the basket against Humboldt's bigger players. Greenfield is extremely well coached. They didn't let Humboldt's pressure get to them too much and made some nice passes. Humboldt's athleticism and size was the difference in this ball game. If Greenfield and Humboldt meet in the regions, I believe Greenfield, on a good shooting night, could beat Humboldt.

Greenfield played hard and kept it close for a half. We are getting better and we could beat Union City in Saturdays game. I look for Greenfield to pull the upset against Union City.

Game 2 - Wow! the little lady coach at Lake County showed Mr. Sisco a thing or two about how to get a team prepared and how to play the game of basketball. It was really sweet watching this game, I loved it.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Greenfield played hard and kept it close for a half. We are getting better and we could beat Union City in Saturdays game. I look for Greenfield to pull the upset against Union City.

Game 2 - Wow! the little lady coach at Lake County showed Mr. Sisco a thing or two about how to get a team prepared and how to play the game of basketball. It was really sweet watching this game, I loved it.

On your comment on the second game.... keep in mind that UC is without 2 starters. LC should've blown them out. I do agree that Greenfield can beat UC Saturday night.

The radio was talking about this not being the same Union City team without Allen and Stewart being hurt.If Stewart was hurt,why play him.It's also the same team that Union City played half the season with.I believe Greenfield will win as well.Greenfield is capable of winning against the Union City team they had a week or so ago if they played ball.Now teams can cheat a little more.With Allen being out of the lineup,can put a lot more pressure on Cox and pretty weel make sure someone is on him at every turn.Doesn't have anyone else to take pressure off him .Another reason is I really feel like Union City is playing for 4th place.Thinking if Humboldt beats Lake Co,will have a better chance of matching up with Lake Co.Here's the reason for my thinking.He said on the radio that Stewart wasn't going to play tomorrow.Said the game didn't mean anything.Didn't want him to get hurt.If that's the case,why play him tonight when he could have gotten hurt?He didn't play against South Fulton and that was a bigger game than tonight with the loser going home.So why would you not play him two nights ago in a game that meant your season but tonight was just to get seeded.Lose tonight and you still play.Why not go ahead and rest him tonight and tomorrow to help him get well.I could be wrong.doubt any coach will tell his team to lose but with him not planning on playing Stewart,tells me he doesnt think his team is good enough to beat Humboldt.It could also backfire.Lake Co has come very close to beating Humboldt both times.So who knows?