District 14A Tournament

mrbigster

P&G thanks like I said you are always honest and fair in your assessments. I did not mean he would cheat, in NO way am I accusing him of cheating to win but he may have looked past some things with this kid because he knew what kind of player he was and chose to take a chance because he felt it would help him win if that makes sense. My opinion is that has a negative impact on the other players because as a coach you are saying to them we need this guy to win and also I feel that you lose some of the players respect as well as your discipline in the program. Why I said it hurt was because when you have a situation with a player coaches must decide can they trust and count on the player. The team depends on that player and he becomes a key part then all of a sudden makes a nonintelligent decision that messes up your team. Again you know just my opinion. You are correct that for coaches every situation is different and after gathering all the facts you make you decision on the appropriate discipline. After all the sad fct is today the pressure is there for HS coaches to win and it can put pressure on you. A coach must do what he feels is best for the program and live with the consequences.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P&G thanks like I said you are always honest and fair in your assessments. I did not mean he would cheat, in NO way am I accusing him of cheating to win but he may have looked past some things with this kid because he knew what kind of player he was and chose to take a chance because he felt it would help him win if that makes sense. My opinion is that has a negative impact on the other players because as a coach you are saying to them we need this guy to win and also I feel that you lose some of the players respect as well as your discipline in the program. Why I said it hurt was because when you have a situation with a player coaches must decide can they trust and count on the player. The team depends on that player and he becomes a key part then all of a sudden makes a nonintelligent decision that messes up your team. Again you know just my opinion. You are correct that for coaches every situation is different and after gathering all the facts you make you decision on the appropriate discipline. After all the sad fct is today the pressure is there for HS coaches to win and it can put pressure on you. A coach must do what he feels is best for the program and live with the consequences.

I will say this for Sisco...Back in Bowling's first season there was a kid that had gotten in trouble with the law over the summer...He never missed a game during football season but Sisco suspended him until January that year...

The trust thing is the very thing I was talking to my son about when I heard about what happened with Allen....

:roflol: Do you even know Shane or do you just know him by what he does on the sidelines ??...I happen to know him and he is nothing away from his job like he is on the sidelines...

Even though Humboldt has beaten LC twice you think LC is the best team in the district ??...

I know Shane Sisco and have watched him since his Howdy doody days at Kenton. He thought he was a player then when he played and he had the arrogant attitude then. I knew him at Gleason when his idol was John Glisson our coach at Greenfield. I have watched him play ball and coach ball all his life and if it wasnt for his dad, Marty Sisco then he wouldnt be where he is today. Shane knows basketball, he should because he has been around it all his life. But what made last night so sweet to me is that old saying "what goes around comes around" and Lake County paid Shane back for some small school poundings that Shane likes to give.

Lake County over Humboldt....That is just my opinion of tonights game.

It would be tough on Sisco because the coach at G'Field has run his mouth over the years about UC...Hasn't ever beaten them but still has run his mouth...

After what happened last night it could go one of two ways...1.The kids just pack it in and get beat or 2.The kids show some pride and get off the deck and win...

People talking about what would happen if the two starters were playing are talking hypotheticals...The fact is they are not playing and it will make a huge difference...Like it or not...It doesn't matter what they did before without Allen...The fact is the team had gotten used to him being in the line-up and come to depend on him...He wouldn't have made a 36 point difference in last night's game but had he been there and Stewart not been hurt I doubt that LC would have beaten UC by 36 points...Not saying UC would have won but they had beaten them two out of three times this year...But again, it's all hypothetical because they are not playing...LC and Greenfield are getting a huge break playing UC without Allen and Stewart...That is not a hypothetical, it's a fact...

And by the way, just because someone likes a coach doesn't mean squat as to who you are as a person...That's ridiculous...bigster, I'm sure you liked Calipari before he jumped ship to UK...Doesn't make you an arrogant cheater... :roflol:

Simple fact of the matter is people don't like Sisco because he has been a winner and has had a swagger about him...Two titles will give you the right to be a little arrogant...I guarantee you he hates what is going on this season but it will make him work that much harder to turn things around...

What are you talking about Purple,about liking a coach as to who they are as a person.I personally like the way Sisco coaches.Either you or stay close or get better.I wasn't putting him down either.He's a smart coach.A few years ago,Lake Co had a chance to put Union City and Humboldt in the same bracket but didn't.It's like sitting someone in the baseball playoffs.If you can rest a player,don't owe other teams anything.Will have earned that right.I personally think he is playing for 4th place.My personal opinion.Is it wrong.Don't think he would tell his kids to lose but probably thinks deep down,he has a better chance not facing Humboldt.Can't win the State if you're not there.Don't know what you are talking about as far as cheating or whatever.Enlighten me though.

Never mind Purple.I didn't see your and Wardaw's post until now.

Edited by mrbigster

P&G I will tell you for a fact that the move of Swift from FC to LC has nothing to do with grades and that will not be a factor in his elgibility. The focus should be on this team and their continued improvement. They seem to be playing their best b-ball at the right time.People forget these guys are in year 1 of a new coach and system. What is even better is that the entire team with the exception of B.J. Gauldin(6,7 post) returns. He will be missed because he has improved all year but if Swift gets eligible he can take up the slack. as for the championship game should be a good one on monday.

I agree.With Swift fine,without him fine.Ever how things work out fine.I have to admit before the season I wasn't very high on Gauldin.My son said said Coach B has had him doing things to make him better.He has really improved.Could be a big help down the stretch if he wants to make his mind up to do so.I've said all along that I thought Coach B was the right person for the job.Some were saying she wouldn't be able to handle the boys.I also said she would win 18 to 20 games .Now they have beaten teams that we hadn't beaten hardly before,the # 2m ranked team in the stste at the time in middleton,and won big against Halls,Trenton and Union City.a fine job in my opinion.And before anyone gets offended..not putting any of the other coaches down.Just that I think Coach B is doing a great job.Anyone that was at the game last night can tell she has some spunk and fire in her.

bigster, I won't waste my time replying back to your 3 page post. In fact, I didn't even read them :roflol:

As for Coach Sisco being arrogant.... NOT! You guys reflect his coaching job on what he is outside of coaching. He is not as arrogant as you people make him to be. He is one of the best coaches here in West TN and has done it all with homegrown players! Something alot of coaches around here can't say.

Good.Cause you don't know as much as you think anyway.T.T. can't dribble.Carnation isn't tall enough.Bradford will beat Lake Co.Lake Co should have beaten U.c with 2 starters out when you weren't smart enough to find out if 2 of them were out,which they weren't..Never anything good at all about the Lake Co teams.But they are winning.Have a great day if you happen to read this.

Edited by mrbigster

Pioneer,

Please dont defend the coach, that was the most unprepared Union City team that I have ever seen. You can win at Union City in Single A without a coach with as much talent that they have year in and year out. The coach is the most arrogant guy that I know and most people will say the same thing. Most everyone in the gym enjoyed the game last night watching the coach get humbled. As for you saying you are a Sisco fan, that tells me alot about you.

Personally tonight is a big game for me, it would kill the coach for little Greenfield to beat Union City but if it happens he will act like he did it on purpose to avoid Humboldt. The coach had better find a way to avoid Lake County because Lake County is the best team in the district.

Greenfield over Union City & Lake County over Humboldt tonight.

good luck today against Union city.

:roflol: Do you even know Shane or do you just know him by what he does on the sidelines ??...I happen to know him and he is nothing away from his job like he is on the sidelines...

Even though Humboldt has beaten LC twice you think LC is the best team in the district ??...

Greenfield fan is one of the few outside Lake Co that even talks good about the Falcons.I know he roots for Greenfield and both Greenfield teams have good teams this year.Actually thought Greenfield girls and Lake Co were the best two but now are in the same brackets unless something happens .Of course neither one of us may go where we want to be.Just 1 game in the region or sub-state and it's all over.

Greenfieldfan is our adopted fan.

Edited by mrbigster

I know Shane Sisco and have watched him since his Howdy doody days at Kenton. He thought he was a player then when he played and he had the arrogant attitude then. I knew him at Gleason when his idol was John Glisson our coach at Greenfield. I have watched him play ball and coach ball all his life and if it wasnt for his dad, Marty Sisco then he wouldnt be where he is today. Shane knows basketball, he should because he has been around it all his life. But what made last night so sweet to me is that old saying "what goes around comes around" and Lake County paid Shane back for some small school poundings that Shane likes to give.

So, you don't know him personally....I'm a heckuva lot different at work than I am outside of work...A lot less serious... :roflol:

What are you talking about Purple,about liking a coach as to who they are as a person.I personally like the way Sisco coaches.Either you or stay close or get better.I wasn't putting him down either.He's a smart coach.A few years ago,Lake Co had a chance to put Union City and Humboldt in the same bracket but didn't.It's like sitting someone in the baseball playoffs.If you can rest a player,don't owe other teams anything.Will have earned that right.I personally think he is playing for 4th place.My personal opinion.Is it wrong.Don't think he would tell his kids to lose but probably thinks deep down,he has a better chance not facing Humboldt.Can't win the State if you're not there.Don't know what you are talking about as far as cheating or whatever.Enlighten me though.

Never mind Purple.I didn't see your and Wardaw's post until now.

Yeah, I was just lumping thoughts into a single post...that wasn't directed towards you...

I wouldn't agree with him if he was trying to dodge an opponent by losing intentionally...I don't believe in that stuff...People blamed LaRue of that last season with OC's girls...I don't know if he lost on purpose or not...

Greenfield fan is one of the few outside Lake Co that even talks good about the Falcons.I know he roots for Greenfield and both Greenfield teams have good teams this year.Actually thought Greenfield girls and Lake Co were the best two but now are in the same brackets unless something happens .Of course neither one of us may go where we want to be.Just 1 game in the region or sub-state and it's all over.

Greenfieldfan is our adopted fan.

Hey, I'm all about LC once UC is out of the picture !!...I got an uncle that lives right across the street from the school.... :roflol:

I don't know if you are aware of this but Lake County has actually beaten UC several times since 2005....Some even by double digits...One thing I respect about their program, they don't act like a small school...You rarely ever hear a LC fan poor mouth and belly-ache about being a small school...They just roll up their sleeves and do their thing...A number of small schools around here could learn a lot from them...