MBA Names Marty Euverard New Football Coach

RedShooter

I have two questions.

I've read in this thread that his son is a good QB. What grade will the young man be in this fall?

How does one pronounce the new coach's name? "YOO-ver-ard"?

Lets get real. McGugin got his job because of his last name only. No where close to being qualified.

Marty is a great football coach, and a better man. If MBA was smart, they would do whatever it takes to get Donnie Webb to come with him (DC) at BGA.

Martys record is reflective of his attempts to rebuild a terrible Clarksville program......and to remove parental influence for a very average Jefferson County program. He succeeded in both, although standing up for what was right.....cost him his job. At Oakland he beat Riverdale in their heyday........won a blue map.........and has been rocking and rolling ever since. I can promise you this.......MBA will practice, play, and win with integrity.........something that as been SORELY missed at that school for some time now.

Lets get real. McGugin got his job because of his last name only. No where close to being qualified.

Marty is a great football coach, and a better man. If MBA was smart, they would do whatever it takes to get Donnie Webb to come with him (DC) at BGA.

Martys record is reflective of his attempts to rebuild a terrible Clarksville program......and to remove parental influence for a very average Jefferson County program. He succeeded in both, although standing up for what was right.....cost him his job. At Oakland he beat Riverdale in their heyday........won a blue map.........and has been rocking and rolling ever since. I can promise you this.......MBA will practice, play, and win with integrity.........something that as been SORELY missed at that school for some time now.

I completely agree GreenHornet. MBA football needs a coach with Integrity, something the former coach couldn't even spell. Under the leadership of Marty, the exceptional staff of coaches will be able to finally do their job. MBA Football is back on the right track.

I completely agree GreenHornet. MBA football needs a coach with Integrity, something the former coach couldn't even spell. Under the leadership of Marty, the exceptional staff of coaches will be able to finally do their job. MBA Football is back on the right track.

Football may be on a better track right now, but MBA is far from the right track. The foxes are still guarding the hen house.

Nothing will change except they will be better cheaters and not get caught again.

If given a choice between Vince Lombardi, Bear Bryant, and Jesus H. Christ, NONE of them would have made folks happy there. Marty even taking that job was a mistake from day one. <_<

From what little I've seen of the incident, it seems as though the school and school board were behind him. I take that as a pretty positive sign.

I've heard from multiple sources that his record is deceptive, given the places he's coached. I certainly wish him well. Now if we can get the school leadership sorted out...

• Upvote 1

From what little I've seen of the incident, it seems as though the school and school board were behind him. I take that as a pretty positive sign.

I've heard from multiple sources that his record is deceptive, given the places he's coached. I certainly wish him well. Now if we can get the school leadership sorted out...

The school leadership is why he should not have even inquired about the job.

After corresponding with Mr. Simmons, I've become convinced that McGuging has gotten a raw deal here, a change from my initial views. Yes, Mr. Simmons is family to McGugin, but that doesn't mean he's incapable of making a valid point on this issue. His point is essentially one of due process: there's been little to no investigation of this affair or anything else connected to it, and nothing that suggests one is forthcoming. I think if you're going to fire someone on an issue as serious and as public as this one, you owe a man a complete and impartial investigation, followed by a fair hearing to determine whether or not he should be retained. As Mr. Simmons indicated to me, McGugin would have welcomed an investigation. If it shows he's operating solely on his own as a rogue element, the decision seems pretty clear. If, on the other hand, he's simply carrying out a de facto school policy, then one would suspect there might be actions against people higher up MBA's food chain. What neither the headmaster or the Board of Trustees seem to grasp is that the perception in public is that we've bypassed college-style recruiting and instead are fielding semi-professional players.

"Botched" is probably the strongest word one can use on this board, but I would describe the handling in much earthier terms. If there was a decision made beforehand to bring in someone from outside (not necessarily a bad idea under the circumstances), that should have been communicated to the staff ahead of time. And if that decision hadn't been formally made, interview them. I suspect there's a fair chance at this point of losing all three: what cause is there to think that advancement is likely? It's like decisions out there a made using a model slightly less sophisticated than the "Magic 8 Ball."