South Pitt and Signal Mountain scared of Alcoa

ckyfan

Cause the best always wind up finding each other somewhere along the way.:thumb:

NC2, we will be ready when that day comes.:twisted:

If anyone will be ready you all have the potential to be that team to challenge those guys. Not this year, but in the future the potential is there. SP knows where they are. We are 1A & I dont think its going to change anytime soon. I will enjoy the rilvary with Signal as long it lasts, but we all know Signal Mountain is moving on to bigger & better things in the future.

• Upvote 1

I will defend Grider, even though Roy will not like it. Why in the world would you play a tough physical game a couple weeks from the playoffs with the chance of getting a star banged up? It makes absolute no sense and Grider did the right thing for not playing this game. Now Price could play them I think since they have depth, or did last year at least. Sp and Signal are both great teams, but they are no ALCOA. Just like Goodpasture and Maryville. All great teams but can't handle the Tornadoes. I would gather to say that Alcoas 2nd string is just as good if not better than pitt an signals first stringers. Thats the difference folks. DEPTH and physicality. Roy is right...weights do matter...and that is why they are dominant...they hit the weights hard at Alcoa..Smart play on the coaches part not playing them

Maryville handled Alcoa pretty well for years except the last two and I believe the Rebs will have the upper hand this season. The getting hurt excuse is nonsense. SP has a great tradition, let those kids play another great program and see how they stack up. It might work out better than you think. Why don't they "hit the weights hard" at South Pittsburg?

Maryville handled Alcoa pretty well for years except the last two and I believe the Rebs will have the upper hand this season. The getting hurt excuse is nonsense. SP has a great tradition, let those kids play another great program and see how they stack up. It might work out better than you think. Why don't they "hit the weights hard" at South Pittsburg?

And there is money to be made. Football fans from all over southeast Tennessee will pay to see that game.

The only problem is that with 96 players that can play for most teams in Tennessee, they don't have to play guys both ways. S.P. would have to do that heavily just to stay in the game and you know that would be tough by the 4th qtr. That is what made Colquit Teams tough for S.P. in the Jasper 2a/3a Glory Days. He would whine when he had a string of 65 players.

And there is money to be made. Football fans from all over southeast Tennessee will pay to see that game.

Maryville won't be playing many guys both ways, probably none. Hitting the weights hard is paramount for a good line. However, it helps when you start out with a big frame to begin with.

The only problem is that with 96 players that can play for most teams in Tennessee, they don't have to play guys both ways. S.P. would have to do that heavily just to stay in the game and you know that would be tough by the 4th qtr. That is what made Colquit Teams tough for S.P. in the Jasper 2a/3a Glory Days. He would whine when he had a string of 65 players.

You think SP can hang with Alcoa thru 3 quarters?

You think SP can hang with Alcoa thru 3 quarters?

Why don't you go back and re-read the post. The post was about just staying on the field. It didn't say jack about scores. Furthermore, if you look at the last statement, it was referring to Jasper back in the 90s when they had a very good 2a and 3a teams, S.P. often lost some close and some not so close games in the 4th because of guys being on the field on both sides of the ball all night. One of those Jasper teams beat the mighty Brentwood Academy in the state title game. This wasn't lost on Vic Grider. In 2007, the Pirates may have kept the score close through the 3rd, but not in '09 and '10.

Edited by rlh

Why don't you go back and re-read the post. The post was about just staying on the field. It didn't say jack about scores. Furthermore, if you look at the last statement, it was referring to Jasper back in the 90s when they had a very good 2a and 3a teams, S.P. often lost some close and some not so close games in the 4th because of guys being on the field on both sides of the ball all night. One of those Jasper teams beat the mighty Brentwood Academy in the state title game. This wasn't lost on Vic Grider. In 2007, the Pirates may have kept the score close through the 3rd, but not in '09 and '10.

Wow! I just asked if you thought SP could hang with Alcoa for 3 quarters. I guess you don't.

Wingman, it is really irrelevant anyway. Alcoa DID NOT have week 7 open. No, South Pitt could not play with Alcoa, not many teams in the state can. Anyway, I think the South Pitt schedule is plenty strong enough considering the school is 220 enrollment in 9-12. Let's see.........

Grundy County-Coalmont 3A

Lookout Valley-Tiftonia 1A (District)

Sequatchie County-Dunlap 3A

Marion County-Jasper 2A (District)

Baylor North-Waldens Ridge 4A

Whitwell-North Marion 1A (District)

Franklin County-Winchester 6A

Boyd Buchanan-Brainerd 2A

Polk County-Benton 3A

Knox Grace-Gibbs 2A

Looks like plenty of challenges to me!

Wingman, it is really irrelevant anyway. Alcoa DID NOT have week 7 open. No, South Pitt could not play with Alcoa, not many teams in the state can. Anyway, I think the South Pitt schedule is plenty strong enough considering the school is 220 enrollment in 9-12. Let's see.........

Grundy County-Coalmont 3A

Lookout Valley-Tiftonia 1A (District)

Sequatchie County-Dunlap 3A

Marion County-Jasper 2A (District)

Baylor North-Waldens Ridge 4A

Whitwell-North Marion 1A (District)

Franklin County-Winchester 6A

Boyd Buchanan-Brainerd 2A

Polk County-Benton 3A

Knox Grace-Gibbs 2A

Looks like plenty of challenges to me!

Yall please tell me this ant true