Jaron Toney

Randall Cobb

Kyrus Lanxter

Brandon Warren

Dustin Lindsey

Martin White

Rae Sykes

James Rainier

That's a loaded list no doubt about it. I'm sure many from Alcoa would also include Chris Shiverdecker, Sam Thompson, and Joei Fiegler on that list as well.

That's a loaded list no doubt about it. I'm sure many from Alcoa would also include Chris Shiverdecker, Sam Thompson, and Joei Fiegler on that list as well.

I had them on my list with Michael George? I cut and pasted to add others to the list??? Hmmm...........:huh:

List for 2000 - down:

Shannon Mitchell

Albert Davis Jr

Billy Williams

Willie Lundy

Todd Upton

George Parker

Albert Davis Sr

Edited by BCsportsfan

I had them on my list with Michael George? I cut and pasted to add others to the list??? Hmmm...........:huh:

List for 2000 - down:

Shannon Mitchell

Albert Davis Jr

Billy Williams

Willie Lundy

Todd Upton

George Parker

Albert Davis Sr

This is bringing back a lot of good memories. It just goes to show how many talented young men have come through the Alcoa program. Hopefully there are a few more on this years team that we can eventually add to the list.

Guest Termite

Smith County has had a few. Scott Dirkson comes to mind 1st.

BUT.......without a doubt.........the best player to become a GREAT COACH is none other than Gary Rankin.

If I had to make a personal list on this topic from the 20 GREATEST PLAYERS that played for the Cheatham County Cubs then I would categorize them in 2 different ways:

a.) best players at the high school level

b.) best players who went on to enjoy success at the college level

PLAYERS WHO STOOD OUT AT THE HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL (ordered from past-to-present)

Anthony Cobb

Jeremiah Ligon

Jason Wofford

Jeremy Long

Nick Deaton

Dustin West

Nick Bogle

Sam Reeves

Clint Casteel

Brandon Piper

Landon Jones

Adam Moss

Joey Beach

Jerry Henry

BEST PLAYERS WHO WENT ON TO ENJOY SUCCESS AT THE COLLEGE LEVEL (ordered from past-to-present)

Mack Mangrum (DePauw)

Michael Jackson (UT-Martin)

Kevin Anderson (TSU)

Justin Bell (Wofford)

Austin Stokes (Lambuth)

Jack Hoeh (Austin Peay)

OFFENSE

Benji Rainey

David Sharp

Benny Lay

Ken Crowell

Wesley Duncan

Cain Crowell

Ronald Sharp

Jerry Seiber

Tyler Bell

Jordon Hankins

Randal Hankins

Robert Codgil

Billy Grover

DEFENSE

Gordon McClain

Mason Sharp

Billy Barnes

Chris Gibson

Dakota Crews

Jerry Sharp

Danny Hinson

Wade Perry

Freddy Hudson

Bubba Hall

Terry Thompson

This is from Lewis County just off the top of my head

Edited by ddaddy

Although I just started following White House a few years ago, here's my limited list from 2000 on.

1) Ricky Ladd TB (Mr. Football)

2) Trent McEwen WR

3) Cory and Cody Sullins OL

4) DeMarcus and DeMarrius Paine TB, CB

5) Rogers Gaines DE

6) Trox Greenwade QB

7) Jonathon Duke DT

8) Matthew Parker S

9) Blaine Boone OL

10) Matthew Gossett K

I know I left out some of the guys from the 1997 STATE CHAMPIONS team. No slight intended.

BDP Cookville Bound!

Edited by pitchfork1

Fairview Yellow Jackets since 2000

Aaron Cothran-RB-(1999-2002)-2002 Mr. Football Finalist- Only one in school history,All-State, Played at Cumberland

Joe Hudgins-OL-(2000-2003)- State Wrestling Champ (2004) Went on to play at Iowa Central CC and UTC

Bobby Martin-RB-(2001-2004)-All-State, He should of been a Mr. Football Finalist, Led team to Region Championship, Played at Rhodes

Ben Johnson-Athlete-(2005-2008) All-State Safety, Played wherever coaching staff needed and dominated at the safety and WR positions. Made remarkable catch against Camden in 2008 to knock off heavily Camden. Currently playing at UTM.

Zac Beard-OL-(2005-2008)Dominated during Fairview's days as a triple option team. Currently playing at University of the Cumberlands

Hunter Branch-(2007-2010) All-State Returner and Safety, Set every school record for WR during the 2010 season. Will be playing at Austin Peay in the fall, the Govs got a steal with this kid.