Signal Mtn t the most CLASSLESS team in TN!

foozballman

At the risk of irritating some of my friends, I agree entirely that no one should be inside the fence during any competitions, except participants and official personel. I hope Signal Mountain or the T$$AA will institute such a policy to cover scrimmages and these types of events. It could have been enforced on the main field, where we were playing, but I don't know how it could have been enforced on the two practice fields, where there are no stands or fences.

This would have been a bad enough brawl, even without the adult involvement, but that involvement makes the incident that much more unseemly. Honestly, Coach Price isn't worried about offending any parents or boosters. I hope he will take this opportunity to limit access to the field during any competitions. I suspect he don't like having them there either.:mrgreen:

I don't know why these two teams hate each other so much, but it seems to get worse every time we take the field against each other. I believe the players truly despise, disrespect, and actually dislike each other. Both teams are looking for a fight when they take the field, and the spectators have come to expect that it is going to happen. Lots of blame to go around. In full pads, with appropriate officiating, and in an appropriate venue, this could be a good game between two very talented and spirited opponents. I wouldn't mind seeing Signal and Soddy play in the regular season. I've kind of changed my mind on the jamboree thing. I believe there will be enough eyes watching this event (School administration,T$$AA, referees, and media) to avoid a brawl. It could be good practice for both teams in learning to control their testosterone and emotions. Any displays of unsportsmanship will be clearly visible and should be dealt with appropriately.

I will say that I won't be driving the TrollMobile, with it's Signal Mountain regalia to the Soddy Jamboree. Can't afford a new paint job.:roflolk:

on the bright side of things after the fight both teams were able to put all this mess behind them and finish the scrimmage and shake hands afterwards...but on the topic of the yahoo coach in the seconday for soddy someone needs to give him a lesson on sportmanhip

Edited by eaglepride55

At the risk of irritating some of my friends, I agree entirely that no one should be inside the fence during any competitions, except participants and official personel. I hope Signal Mountain or the T$$AA will institute such a policy to cover scrimmages and these types of events. It could have been enforced on the main field, where we were playing, but I don't know how it could have been enforced on the two practice fields, where there are no stands or fences.

This would have been a bad enough brawl, even without the adult involvement, but that involvement makes the incident that much more unseemly. Honestly, Coach Price isn't worried about offending any parents or boosters. I hope he will take this opportunity to limit access to the field during any competitions. I suspect he don't like having them there either.:mrgreen:

I don't know why these two teams hate each other so much, but it seems to get worse every time we take the field against each other. I believe the players truly despise, disrespect, and actually dislike each other. Both teams are looking for a fight when they take the field, and the spectators have come to expect that it is going to happen. Lots of blame to go around. In full pads, with appropriate officiating, and in an appropriate venue, this could be a good game between two very talented and spirited opponents. I wouldn't mind seeing Signal and Soddy play in the regular season. I've kind of changed my mind on the jamboree thing. I believe there will be enough eyes watching this event (School administration,T$$AA, referees, and media) to avoid a brawl. It could be good practice for both teams in learning to control their testosterone and emotions. Any displays of unsportsmanship will be clearly visible and should be dealt with appropriately.

I will say that I won't be driving the TrollMobile, with it's Signal Mountain regalia to the Soddy Jamboree. Can't afford a new paint job.:roflolk:

I agree troll. I thought that was the purpose of having a fence around the field. If your not part of the game, you should not be allowed inside the fence while the game is being played. Coaches, players and officials should be the only ones involved in trying to break up fights and parents should be spectators only. It was very disturbing to watch as adults, who were not part of the game, inserted themselves into the skirmish. I know I would be deeply upset if an adult were to punch my son as I would expect any parent to be.

With that being said, Football is a fight. It is between players and coaches and that is all. Parents, siblings and others have no business being on the field during the game. We should be teaching our kids that good sportsmanship is part of being a Winner.

GO EAGLES!!

This could have been prevented by the coaches but as I have said before I heard the coaches imploring the kids to get more physical. It has also been stated on here SD consistently had a coach jumping up and down running down the field chest bumping players when they were involved in a big play/hit and obviously it was in the face of the opposing team. All of this leads to what happened.

I will say this quote out of the TFP article is the biggest joke of the whole thing “Tempers flare during a game or scrimmage. That’s going to happen,†Soddy-Daisy coach Kevin Orr said. “The coaches can handle separating the kids, but when we saw adults getting involved and punching kids, that’s when it escalated. I’m responsible for protecting every one of my players.†Where was coach Orr leading up to this? Oh, that's right he was imploring his kids to be more physical and was watching one of his assistants chest bumping and congratulating their players for hitting.

Oh and for the record there weren't any parents/adults involved until the coaches lost control and both benches had cleared. Sorry coach Orr it escalated long before any adult was involved as you were trying to make people believe. Again it was after both benches had cleared the adults that were standing in the area of the incident were trying to help separate kids so the coaches could restore order. I have also said before if a parent punched a kid I wish it had been caught on tape so they could be dealt with appropriately. Also as it has been stated on here some SD parents were rushing over to join in and fortunately what they were trying to join in was separating the players just like the ones that were already there. I don't think parents from either side wanted to see anything like this happen but I think everyone expected it.

At the end both teams lined up and shook hands so it ended with some sportsmanship after all that had happened. :thumb:

Officials are instructed to not lay a hand on a player during a fight. They are instructed to simply stand back and take numbers for ejection. There is too much liability if anyone (players or officials) get hurt in our very litigious society. Officials are required to submit an "unusual situation" report of unsportsmanlike conduct which includes the players ejected.

The fence is to keep unauthorized personnel off the playing area. I do find it interesting that there were no administrators or other security present to try to help control things. If an adult physically punched a 17 year old at the simplest you have assault and possibly more depending on circumstances. What type of liability does that open the school to if they are allowing this event to occur on their property with no supervision present.

It seems some rules that can really cost a team might need to be reinforced. Such as throwing of punches and leaving of sidelines not to mention unsportsmanlike actions. The instruction should be begin with the adults!

Those parents that went out and punched players should never be allowed to watch another game again.

I agree it should be the last game for any parent that went out and punched a player. I have no idea if any parent actually punched a player or not. I know there was one Soddy coach accusing a parent of punching a player after the fight had been broken up with the players separated and returning to their benches/field. He was the only Soddy person that I heard actually say anything and he was quite adamant. Of course I would have been adamant too if I had seen it.