Farragut @ Oak Ridge

tnchad1980

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?!

• Oak Ridge
    • Farragut

Sorry Oak Ridge fans this will be an upset! Farragut will be up for this game after losing a game to DB that they should have won and then Smithey (Knoxnews)doesn't even rank them in the area Top 20. He ranked Bearden #16 after they lost 32-0 last week. I think they will be angry and really up for this game.

Farragut 27 Oak Ridge 21

Pretty good assessment. Off by 1 point. Looking forward to next week's poll regardless of Smithey's bias.

Boy, it sure is mighty quiet in this thread now. Where are all those arrogant smack talking Mildkitty fans predicting such a huge victory over the Admirals?

Kudos to the few Oak Ridge fans in this thread who gave Farragut a little credit before hand and at least expected a tough game. It was a tough hard fought high school football game between two pretty good teams. The Oak Ridge players played a tough ball game but turnovers and getting a little worn out toward the end did them in. The advantage Farragut had in having already played a tough game was a big help also.

Mildkitty is a little harsh... Having said that, I think the admirals played a better game than we did on both sides of the line all night. Oak Ridge brought pressure from the outside all night and Farragut ran the ball up the middle for miles. I didn't understand the pressure schemes but I'm not a coach and Blades a good one.

Ouch! Farragut played a very good game, especially on the line of scrimmage. Honestly, I expected a lot more out of our front 7, this was not a good game for them at all. But the Ads offensive line had a lot to do with that. There is not much to say when you get beat like that. Actually, I thought Farragut could have made this game worse than it was by relying more on their play makers carrying the ball.

As for the rest of our season, we have a lot to improve on and there is much work to be done. Our line is where we have the least experience and it showed tonight. I was disappointed in the lack of fire in our defense. We seemed to be sleep walking the whole game.

Again, congrats to Farragut. They played a good solid game and were the better team tonight.

Sorry Oak Ridge fans this will be an upset! Farragut will be up for this game after losing a game to DB that they should have won and then Smithey (Knoxnews)doesn't even rank them in the area Top 20. He ranked Bearden #16 after they lost 32-0 last week. I think they will be angry and really up for this game.

Farragut 27 Oak Ridge 21

Not that good of an assessment. You lost last week because D-B was the better team .

Not that good of an assessment. You lost last week because D-B was the better team .

The Indians should have scored at least 2 more TD's maybe 3 against the Admirals. Just young and first game jitters. But the Farragut Tailback is a really really good player. DB made the defensive adjustments that shut him down after halftime.

Come on Wildcats.... you got a lot of season left, just like last year.

Roll Cats Roll

Roll Tribe Roll

Ought to be a great game. DB and Farragut had that chance to work the kinks out. OR will have to work through the opening night issues on the fly. Farragut is not a bad football team. They have a lot of speed and they are very physical up front. I have not seen OR in a bit, but it was clear Friday night that both teams were struggling with timing and execution. Not sure I would count on the Ads laying it on the ground 3 more times.

I'll be very interested to see where it all shakes out. Should be a great night at the Ship! Please tell Big Ed that I said "Hi!" and that I miss him very very much!

Seems I got pretty close! Physical team that will win some games this year! Congrats to the Ads.

The Indians should have scored at least 2 more TD's maybe 3 against the Admirals. Just young and first game jitters. But the Farragut Tailback is a really really good player. DB made the defensive adjustments that shut him down after halftime.

Come on Wildcats.... you got a lot of season left, just like last year.

Roll Cats Roll

Roll Tribe Roll

Farragut just flat out whipped our A**. Farragut wanted it more, our guys didn't. I want to come out and say on here that i was proven very wrong. Mine as well man up and admit it. I do believe Farragut has a advantage playing 1 game before us. If Blade is gonna not play a week 0 game, he at least needs to schedule a powder puff team, not a perrenial good team like Farragut is. If Were going to not play week 0 schedule Heritage or somebody like that lol No offense to Heritage fans if you read this, but i guess it will help our team in the long run. Farragut ran AT WILL up the gut on us. To be blunt i am embarrassed in how bad we looked. I mean yeah we have some young guys up front, but cmon every team is dealing with the same issues, NO EXCUSE, im sorry. We just got flat outmanned tonight. I was very humbled tonight. Farragut playing a tough team in DB already didn't help us i am sure, but if you wanna make that excuse schedule a dang week 0 game OR! Really i went to the Farragut DB game, and farragut minus all the turnovers they had probably shoulda beat DB or been very very close to beating them. Their is just really no excuse, i can't believe how bad we got ran over tonight, very sad to me as an OR fan. I have never seen an OR front 7 get whipped like they did tonight. We are lucky it was just by a TD. I wanna give all props in the world to Farragut, they played like champs. That's all i have to say, we got humbled tonight, and i think we needed it. We bought into the hype, and i am afraid the kids did too. Im out.

Zulliger is a tough kid and an excellent player.

Farragut Offensive line was outstanding. Having Doucette back at center made a huge impact. I saw a tremendous improvement in line play from DB game.

Farragut's offensive play calling continues to (1) put the offense in less than favorable situations and (2) contribute to the defense spending too much time on the field. Multiple scoring opportunities were squandered due to unnecessary first down pass incompletions which put the offense in bad down in distance. There is no need to be "balanced" when an opponent has demonstrated NO ABILITY WHATSOEVER to stop even a base zone play. For example:

1. After moving the length of the field on the ground just prior to halftime, why call an out route on first down in the red zone? Not only did the incompletion stop the clock, but it put Farragut in bad down and distance unnecessarily. Run the football! Not only is it likely that Farragut scores, but Oak Ridge is left with no time on the clock for an additional possession. Poor play calling. Poor clock management.

2. With the score close, why call three minimally successful delayed screens when you are gaining 5+ yards per carry running the zone read?

3. After Rule scored from the empty-set (virtually untouched) from 12 yards out, which was subsequently called back on a motion penalty, why throw consecutive out routes? The kid just scored untouched a couple of plays before running through the 1 hole! Farragut ended up settling for a field goal. Run the football!

I hate to complain because I know it was a win. It is just frustrating because these types of things can easily turn wins into losses. For a while it looked like Farragut was going to, once again, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I don’t understand why Farragut coaches insist on fixing what isn’t broken.

Zulliger is a tough kid and an excellent player.

Farragut Offensive line was outstanding. Having Doucette back at center made a huge impact. I saw a tremendous improvement in line play from DB game.

Farragut's offensive play calling continues to (1) put the offense in less than favorable situations and (2) contribute to the defense spending too much time on the field. Multiple scoring opportunities were squandered due to unnecessary first down pass incompletions which put the offense in bad down in distance. There is no need to be "balanced" when an opponent has demonstrated NO ABILITY WHATSOEVER to stop even a base zone play. For example:

1. After moving the length of the field on the ground just prior to halftime, why call an out route on first down in the red zone? Not only did the incompletion stop the clock, but it put Farragut in bad down and distance unnecessarily. Run the football! Not only is it likely that Farragut scores, but Oak Ridge is left with no time on the clock for an additional possession. Poor play calling. Poor clock management.

2. With the score close, why call three minimally successful delayed screens when you are gaining 5+ yards per carry running the zone read?

3. After Rule scored from the empty-set (virtually untouched) from 12 yards out, which was subsequently called back on a motion penalty, why throw consecutive out routes? The kid just scored untouched a couple of plays before running through the 1 hole! Farragut ended up settling for a field goal. Run the football!

I hate to complain because I know it was a win. It is just frustrating because these types of things can easily turn wins into losses. For a while it looked like Farragut was going to, once again, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I don’t understand why Farragut coaches insist on fixing what isn’t broken.

The offensive play calling takes at least 2 TD's away per game. Surprises me that the coaches don't see this. Final scores should have been: FHS 21 BD 14 & FHS 38 OR 21 (FG to TD)