Trousdale Co. vs Warren Central, KY

TCstinger

One thing I'll agree with ToothPick on is they would have beaten us 99 out of 100 times. We simply were outmatched. I don't think we've been on the field with a team possessing that type of talent since the Fulton and Austin East days. We would have had to play a perfect game to even have a chance, and we most definitely didn't do that. Too many turnovers and mental bust against a team of that calibur.

There were a few bright spots however. Someone already mentioned #9's kickoff return. He also had ten tackles in limited playing time. But what impressed me the most was him running down the Central kickoff returner and making the tackle on the two yard line.

I think we'll be just fine. Everyone else we play (team wise) will look like they are in slow motion compared to that WC bunch. It'll will be interesting to see how our team reacts.

That out matched seven??? I would have never expected it. Sounds like our game against Polk county last year! It may be an eye opener for the staff and players, I bet you win the next 13 or 14 games and make it to state. Good luck.

Yes and no. Yes...we were really outmatched, but we actually had some chances to make a game of it. I think the staff had a pretty good idea of what we were getting into. Not sure about the players, but they found out rater 'quick'ly.

We were outmatched physically and athletically. Skillwise...we could compete, but we weren't on they're level. Up front we got dominated on both sides of the ball.

WC scores on the first drive, and stops us on our first drive. I can't remember if they scored again on their second drive, but it was 14-0 at the end of the first. Back and forth during the second, and we finally punch one in with about 1:30 left in the half making it 14-7. We kickoff and two plays later with .35 left in the half, they break a long run to score, but miss PAT. 20-7. We take the opening KO of the second half and score on a fairly long, time consuming drive. 20-14. WC then takes the KO and returns it to the two. We hold them and block a FG. 3 plays and a 20 yd.(maybe) punt later, the route was on. This was late in the third quarter.

Now obviously I'm being a homer and looking for positives to take out of a game like this. A tackle here, a completed pass there, and it 'could' have been a different game. But it works both ways...it could have been worse!

We've won more than 13-14 games in a row on a few occassions. Hopefully we've got that type of run this year.