Wayne County at Union City

wildcatpride70

It is Friday again...I've been been ready for Friday since last Friday. Goin to Martin to pick up some friends before the trip and just to let some WC fans know the Applbees is a good place to eat and there is always the normal fast food places.

Alright football fans...time to get the skinny lets hear it?

I think WC will win this game but will be off to a slow start because of the drive. Things to look for...a lot more passing in this game than last week...IMO... but we will still run the veer like it is goin out of still. We run it out of more formations this year than in years past. I hope the D is gonna be hungry tonight because I'd like another big win after UC puttin us out in the playoffs in '09. Rice and Butler will be a big ground threat while Skelton and Mathis will be through the air. I'm ready for 7:30. WC 30 UC 14 GO CATS!!! :thumb:

Just looked at the times daily and WC is the only Tennessee team ranked in the top 10 and for everyone to know it is only for the southern region here around Florence, Al.

Times Daily Writes: "Wayne County rolled to an easy 49-14 win over Moore County in its opener, while Union City lost 36-6 to Obion County in its opener... Clint Butler opened his senior season with 169 yards and two TDs, while new QB Austin Rice added a pair of Td runs... Union City lost its starting QB Travis Rutland for the season before the opener with a finger injury...Union City wona 2009 playoff meeting with the Wildcats 31-21. The Tornados went on to capture the state title that season."

Just looked at the times daily and WC is the only Tennessee team ranked in the top 10 and for everyone to know it is only for the southern region here around Florence, Al.

Times Daily Writes: "Wayne County rolled to an easy 49-14 win over Moore County in its opener, while Union City lost 36-6 to Obion County in its opener... Clint Butler opened his senior season with 169 yards and two TDs, while new QB Austin Rice added a pair of Td runs... Union City lost its starting QB Travis Rutland for the season before the opener with a finger injury...Union City wona 2009 playoff meeting with the Wildcats 31-21. The Tornados went on to capture the state title that season."

You coming to the game?

Weakley County Press: "Unfortunately for Union City, an already-thin roster was further depleted by injuries, defections and other circumstances this week..."

For the UC fans out there, what is the paper talking about? Did something else happen this week, or is this supposed to be a more general summary of August?

It is Friday again...I've been been ready for Friday since last Friday. Goin to Martin to pick up some friends before the trip and just to let some WC fans know the Applbees is a good place to eat and there is always the normal fast food places.

Alright football fans...time to get the skinny lets hear it?

I think WC will win this game but will be off to a slow start because of the drive. Things to look for...a lot more passing in this game than last week...IMO... but we will still run the veer like it is goin out of still. We run it out of more formations this year than in years past. I hope the D is gonna be hungry tonight because I'd like another big win after UC puttin us out in the playoffs in '09. Rice and Butler will be a big ground threat while Skelton and Mathis will be through the air. I'm ready for 7:30. WC 30 UC 14 GO CATS!!! :thumb:

Good luck to W.C. tonight,I don't believe that you'll need much of it(luck) to take U.C. out behind the woodshed though. The Wildcats are as good or better than 09'and Union City is way off what they were then,when it was a 10 point playoff game IMO.They are a running team period,though the threat of the pass was there if anyone "sold out"to stop the run(before the QB went down).With their circumstances at QB the way they are now,and W.C.s'defense as stout as it's been,I can see a low scoring win,or a blowout...it depends upon the Tornadoes'defense(I think they'll be on the field all night).Prediction...W.C. 35 U.C. 13.

Edited by tradertwo

Well, tonight was ugly to say the least. It was a game where Union City was outmatched on both sides of the ball. Union City had no offense and hardly any defense in the game.

I wasted $5 and gas money to watch a game that was an absolute blowout. For anyone who doesn't think Wayne County is a contender, you should have seen their performance against Union City tonight.

Three words. Fear the veer. :twisted:

Well, tonight was ugly to say the least. It was a game where Union City was outmatched on both sides of the ball. Union City had no offense and hardly any defense in the game.

I wasted $5 and gas money to watch a game that was an absolute blowout. For anyone who doesn't think Wayne County is a contender, you should have seen their performance against Union City tonight.

Three words. Fear the veer. :twisted:

Gas Money from Martin to UC. Whats that like $1.

.....Ok...The OCCHS Rebels beat Union City. They have played 50 times...U C has won....hummmmdo you know...I do....more wins tha n you are old I'm sure...something like 40. Now, the Rebels have been "whipped" by the tornadoes plenty of times and this year will be the last for some time. I guess you went to sleep while the Rebels were getting the crap beat out of them by Henry County...lol...lol. Now, that is just like the Rebels playin g U C. Numbers DOES MATTER. Oh...You forgot..this is a Wayne Co...U C thread. What..are you scared that the Ripley Tigers are going to spoil your season again. Union City will have a tough season..to many key injuries. If the Rebels loose say fare....or any one key player..your doomed as well. U C wioll be back....

As long as Jackson is at OC, UC wont beat Central again...but that doesn't matter at all...

WC...don't put too much stock in this game...This is one of the worst UC teams I've seen in a long time...but go ahead and get your beatings in now..The purple and gold most definitely will be back...sooner than later