Smith Co. travels to Gordonsville

croz6110

Maybe so Croz, they were from an enrollment website. Said you had 102 freshmen, 96 sophomores, 83 juniors and 72 seniors. That is 353, but if your 8th and 7th grades trend like your last few years increasing by 10% and have around 100-110 each like your 9th and 10th, that would stick you right at 400. The cutoff for 1A in the 2009 classification was 389. Friendship was at 392 with multiplier and Watertown was at 398. They were the 2nd and 3rd smallest 2A schools last classification period. Could bump the Tigers up in 2 years at a bad time talent cycle wise. Just an observation. :rolleyes::)

I garentee you will see him there. BUT you probably wont know it. Look for him in either a white, gold, or black shirt.

Termie... you will see me and bluebeelz there... but alas she and I just cant sit togther tonight We would be trying to outyell each other go Owls and she go Tigers!!!lol,,,Iffen you knew her,,, ya could park in her yard and have a short walk to the game!!! See ya there.. and croz what will you have on?? Termie since you are wearing black, gold, or white... you should " stand out" and I will discover your identity!!!!lol

Termie... you will see me and bluebeelz there... but alas she and I just cant sit togther tonight We would be trying to outyell each other go Owls and she go Tigers!!!lol,,,Iffen you knew her,,, ya could park in her yard and have a short walk to the game!!! See ya there.. and croz what will you have on?? Termie since you are wearing black, gold, or white... you should " stand out" and I will discover your identity!!!!lol

Croz will have a cast on both hands due to typing sooooo much. :roflol:

And yes, you will see Termie!

Maybe so Croz, they were from an enrollment website. Said you had 102 freshmen, 96 sophomores, 83 juniors and 72 seniors. That is 353, but if your 8th and 7th grades trend like your last few years increasing by 10% and have around 100-110 each like your 9th and 10th, that would stick you right at 400. The cutoff for 1A in the 2009 classification was 389. Friendship was at 392 with multiplier and Watertown was at 398. They were the 2nd and 3rd smallest 2A schools last classification period. Could bump the Tigers up in 2 years at a bad time talent cycle wise. Just an observation. :rolleyes::)

We trend up and down.

The 08 senior class had 96, but the 2010 class only had 68.

Tigers outplay Owls 10 to 1 and come up 1 point short.

I heard the last few on the radio on the way back from Lafayette. Came down to the last play.

About as close as you can get. Hope no ones pacemaker gave out. LOL

Glad ours wasn't that close. My fingernails ain't long enough for that.

It was a heartbreaker, but SC had the perfect play call on the 2 pt. conversion.

The Tiger Defense played great, they just had a tougher time on a 10 yard field.

As far as SC's run game, like I said before, they are still a sophomore and junior. They still have some growing to do, however, that was the best tackling defense that I've seen at Gville in a while. They were swarming to the ball and wrapping up and bringing their shoulder pads with them.

I thought both offenses looked a little too conservative. SC missed a few chances down the field, and I thought Gville didn't go down the field enough.

All in all, and this won't be my last post on the game, this is a good experience game for both teams. Some good lessons can be learned from it.

Both teams made their share of mistakes making the game ugly at times.

SC had some dropped passes, and Gville needs to catch punts.

Gville also had problems with the snap all game long, and that hurt us at times.

Both teams had chances to win the game during regulation, but couldn't finish.

Like I said, both can learn from it.

Edited by croz6110

We talked a little about moral victories and I am not much of a believer in them either. Gordonsville can take this one and chalk it up to that. They won the battle on the line of scrimmage all game long on defense. Sloppy game by two teams that have a lot of improving to do to be very good. All that being said, a win is a win is a win. On to week 2 with 13 in the books.

We talked a little about moral victories and I am not much of a believer in them either. Gordonsville can take this one and chalk it up to that. They won the battle on the line of scrimmage all game long on defense. Sloppy game by two teams that have a lot of improving to do to be very good. All that being said, a win is a win is a win. On to week 2 with 13 in the books.

Well, I'm not much of a believer in moral victories either. Heard Vanderbilt pull that one too many times.

My question is, is G'ville that good, or is SC that bad, or somewhere in between? This isn't a smart-

butt post, just curious as to where each actually are. Fully realizing that this game throws the

book out the window for a week.