Smith Co. travels to Gordonsville

croz6110

I agree with both posters reasoning. I'll have to go with positioning the ball on 3rd down

for the FG attempt. That's the strategy these days. Anything can go wrong in any situation,

but the percentages are with the FG. Whatever you do, if it works, you're a hero, if not,

you're a goat....or looking for a job. Call it whatever you want, the way the chips fell,

SC got a W, G'ville got 2nd place. Could have went the other way had the 2pt. conv. failed.

Congrats to both for a heck of a game.

The 4th down play was from the right hash and we lined up in a Maryland I. O-line got blown into the backfield like they had all night. It was a straight Iso in the 3 hole my power versus your power and the Tigers power won that battle. With Gville stacked in the box all night and our deep threat sidelined from last week, I think we just failed to utilize our next best 4 pass catchers. Why not throw the PA stuff more to our FB's and TE's. I felt like that could have been there early and often and used to loosen up the Tiger D. We were successful when we did. Tuck had a good catch/run/punish and Webb's 2 pt. catch we had the same call on 1st down that series in OT that was thrown with a tad too much zip. The referee probably did cost us a TD to Dennis on our only real chance down the field. This 300+ pound O line has got to get it together. So far, they've pretty much been ineffective.

Guest Termite

The 4th down play was from the right hash and we lined up in a Maryland I. O-line got blown into the backfield like they had all night. It was a straight Iso in the 3 hole my power versus your power and the Tigers power won that battle. With Gville stacked in the box all night and our deep threat sidelined from last week, I think we just failed to utilize our next best 4 pass catchers. Why not throw the PA stuff more to our FB's and TE's. I felt like that could have been there early and often and used to loosen up the Tiger D. We were successful when we did. Tuck had a good catch/run/punish and Webb's 2 pt. catch we had the same call on 1st down that series in OT that was thrown with a tad too much zip. The referee probably did cost us a TD to Dennis on our only real chance down the field. This 300+ pound O line has got to get it together. So far, they've pretty much been ineffective.

Guest Termite

Hats off to the tigers and their coaching staff. They were a different team from what I've seen the last few years. They never quit. They were well prepared and played as a team. I was really impressed with their defense. Croz, I have believe G-ville has found something they have needed the last few years. Unity. Not as many "ME" players on the field. Still 1 or 2, but there were a bunch of names I had to look up making big plays. And if this bunch is as young as most way, the future looks bright..

I was expecting more, but in the end,1 point is as good as 100 and much more exciting. Good luck the rest of the tigers.

whew, talk about some saturday morning arm-chair quarterbacking! :popcorneater:

somebody said earlier this week "... it's gonna get ugly quick." sounds, to me, like it was ugly all night. :roflol:

O line was a no-show. Gville's D line totally whipped out tails. Give credit to the Tigers for a great effort. The Owls found a way to win and that is a sign of a good team. Congrats to the Owls. We have a lot of work to do or every team will put 8-9 in the box and dare us to throw.

O line was a no-show. Gville's D line totally whipped out tails. Give credit to the Tigers for a great effort. The Owls found a way to win and that is a sign of a good team. Congrats to the Owls. We have a lot of work to do or every team will put 8-9 in the box and dare us to throw.

how much did the owls throw? i listened to a little of the post game but just caught jimmy's interview. i talked to my eye witness last night but he was still half-way catatonic and he said he was just doin his best to fight his way back across the river. :lol:

Hats off to the tigers and their coaching staff. They were a different team from what I've seen the last few years. They never quit. They were well prepared and played as a team. I was really impressed with their defense. Croz, I have believe G-ville has found something they have needed the last few years. Unity. Not as many "ME" players on the field. Still 1 or 2, but there were a bunch of names I had to look up making big plays. And if this bunch is as young as most way, the future looks bright..

I was expecting more, but in the end,1 point is as good as 100 and much more exciting. Good luck the rest of the tigers.

I was surprised by a couple of players for Gville that reined in their ego last and stepped it up, I thought.

They are young, the only seniors on offense were 2,5,17,44, and 62, defense was 2,17,31,and 34. I may have missed one or two, but you get the point.

how much did the owls throw? i listened to a little of the post game but just caught jimmy's interview. i talked to my eye witness last night but he was still half-way catatonic and he said he was just doin his best to fight his way back across the river. :lol:

They didn't throw as much as they could of. Like imallin said, they could've ran the play action to the rb's and te's all night, but chose not to.

They didn't throw as much as they could of. Like imallin said, they could've ran the play action to the rb's and te's all night, but chose not to.

They threw about the same as they usually do, but poorly.

Passing: 7 / 16 for 55 yards. Tuck had longest catch for 15 yards. he now has 4 for about 65 in 2 games.

Rushing: 37 for 96. that's 2.6 per carry, so let's go for it on 4th down instead of playing for the FG. yeh, right!

Manning had 17 carries for 47 yards. That's 2.8 per carry.

SC had 6 first downs in the game. Their most effective and common play was the punt.