Smith Co. travels to Gordonsville

croz6110

Maynord said in the post game interview he didn't kick because of the angle. If it had been more to the middle...he would have kicked. No statement.

Twan, I thought they were in the middle of the field. I was sitting right behind the fence in that endzone. They were stuffed on a sweep right, and had plenty of room to sweep. He was tackled about the right hash mark, wasn't he?

Oh well, enough said.

If you trust your kicker to make an extra point in OT from the 3YL, how can you not trust him to make a game winning FG from the 1YL? There is no explanation, or excuse. He can either kick or not. If he can, you kick it on the last play. Period.

I think the reason we didn't kick the ball at the end of regulation, was because it was on the far hash mark. Would have been a difficult kick from the one yard line.

Twan, I thought they were in the middle of the field. I was sitting right behind the fence in that endzone. They were stuffed on a sweep right, and had plenty of room to sweep. He was tackled about the right hash mark, wasn't he?

Oh well, enough said.

It was on the right hash.

Well, I'm not much of a believer in moral victories either. Heard Vanderbilt pull that one too many times.

My question is, is G'ville that good, or is SC that bad, or somewhere in between? This isn't a smart-

butt post, just curious as to where each actually are. Fully realizing that this game throws the

book out the window for a week.

I really don't know. I would think somewhere in between. It was a defensive struggle. I guess time will tell if both defenses are good or both offenses are not very good.

Ugly football tonight. Both teams need to hit the practice field this week pretty hard. O-line needs to find a mean streak somewhere. Playing soft. And which ever gville player kicked the owl player while he was on the ground needed to be sent home.

I didn't see it happen, but their were moments when it got chippy.

I think the refs got it under control and there were no more problems that I saw.

Edited by croz6110