Smith Co. travels to Gordonsville

croz6110

Just your typical back yard dog fight between 2 arch rivals. I thought Gordonsville won it everywhere it counted but on the scoreboard. Both teams are well coached and have very disciplined players. The defensive stand after the muffed punt showed me what this Tiger team is made of. Most teams would have folded in that situation. Congrats and good luck to G-Ville the rest of the season.

Didn't see SC first game but apparently that team didn't show up last night. I know the defense did but the offense was slopppy to say the least. Jimmy said on the radio after the game that "you have to give them alot of credit their front 7 played great and G-Ville has some good skill players and they are well coached". I agree with that but I really thought SC would control the LOS and score a time or 2 and get out with a win and should have if not for a few dropped passes...one in particular. But like most good teams they always find a way to win and SC did. Next up HOG-EYE.

Where have i complained about SC winning... It gets old when everyone wants to be on the caoches nuts even when they do make a mistake... This was a poorly coached games by BOTH teams aside the OT... Im a realist unlike most and Maynord is a heck of a coach... jus a poor decison.. IMO their is no way you can defend it... Its jus like every one being so hard on CPA4ever when he stated an opinion that everyone who is a mutual onlooker agrees with him... I was with 5 people who came with me who didnt have a dog in the fight that couldnt believe the decision,, I honeslty went to the game hoping Jalen would rush for 300... Ive disagreed with everything Gville has done the past few years.. So much that i almost cheer for Sc more than Gville.. but those boys played their hearts out last night and i was really pulling from them last night.. Heart breaking loss...

I shouldn't comment, but I guess want to refute this post.

I AM NOT ON THE COACHES NUTS.

I never said it was a bad decision or not. I simply stated the reasoning by the coaches via the radio show and by me personally asking a couple of them. You can get on here and second guess them all you want to, that is on you. I'm sure they got broad shoulders. They are men, they don't need a keyboard cowboy like me to get on here and fight their battles. Again, I am not trying to defend their decision.

As for CPA goes, this goes further back than this thread. Like the Termite said, he has been bashing everything related SC for two years. Of course he has the option to get on here and say those things, just like I have the option to get on here when I personally get my mouth full of it and say what I think about it.

Don't misunderstand me. The SC boys didn't play very well Friday night in my opinion, but were still fortunate enough to get a win. Before you go hoping that Gordonsville deserved to win, the boys in black also wanted to win and also showed heart to get the win. That has nothing to do with a decision here or a decision there. Kudos to the boys in black just as you say to the boys in blue.

So Bowden, please step away from the ledge. It's amazing what all is said on these boards about any team when they don't play or coach like some expect. It's one rough game, AND THEY STILL WON!

On to Hogeye for me.

Guest Termite

To kick or not to kick. THAT is the question. When all is said and dome, SC won. Not pretty. Not as expected. Not in the way we, especially fsrules and cpa and a few agree with. But yet, SC won.

Im not a football coach, but I've coached a little. I think ANY coach worth his salt will do whateve he thinks will give them the best chance to win, don't you think? Saying it was pride makes no sense to me. Take a chance to win by 3 or that a chancer to win by 1 or lose. I personally would have licked. But Im in the stands and not on the field with the kids everyday. We all second guess sometimes, but SCs coaches have proven to me they know more than I do. Looks to me like SC coaches win more games they shouldn't win than lose games they should win. If that makes any sense.

I agree, the Tigeers played a good hard fought game. The Owls didnt show up, but really who could have there mind on playing football when you are worried about the other team trying to hurt you and put you out for the rest of the season. Some should ask the Tiger team what they threatened to do and what they had wrote on there windows pre game. I know it is a rival game, but come on. It is getting outta hand but no one tries to stop it.. Intimidated, I guess the Owls were..

But fact is Maynord nor any of his coaching staff would never get on Sports Nuts and say "WE DROVE IT DOWN THEIR THROAT" Coach Maynord has more class than that. I listen to it every Thursday and Marshall makes himself and the team look silly by saying that kind of stuff.

I agree, the Tigeers played a good hard fought game. The Owls didnt show up, but really who could have there mind on playing football when you are worried about the other team trying to hurt you and put you out for the rest of the season. Some should ask the Tiger team what they threatened to do and what they had wrote on there windows pre game. I know it is a rival game, but come on. It is getting outta hand but no one tries to stop it.. Intimidated, I guess the Owls were..

But fact is Maynord nor any of his coaching staff would never get on Sports Nuts and say "WE DROVE IT DOWN THEIR THROAT" Coach Maynord has more class than that. I listen to it every Thursday and Marshall makes himself and the team look silly by saying that kind of stuff.

You know what?

You need to get over it.

I remember years ago hearing about bounties on certain players for Gville in the Carthage game, and from what I could tell, most of it was just talk between teenage boys. You can't convince me that SC was intimidated.

From what I saw, it was a pretty clean game, with the exception of one play.

You can talk about Marshall all you want, but it's getting redundant.

I want say that I agree with most of the things he does, but you've posted the same thing three times. You can harp on something else now. I guess he needs to say the SC allowed them to run the ball a little.

Edited by croz6110

You know what?

You need to get over it.

I remember years ago hearing about bounties on certain players for Gville in the Carthage game, and from what I could tell, most of it was just talk between teenage boys.

From what I saw, it was a pretty clean game, with the exception of one play.

You can talk about Marshall all you want, but it's getting redundant.

I want say that I agree with most of the things he does, but you've posted the same thing three times. You can harp on something else now. I guess he needs to say the SC allowed them to run the ball a little.

Good post, croz. I think you got your point across well.

Lady, I think we all got it figured out. It is called football. You are supposed to tackle in this game. You hit hard to make the play. Sorry your kid was a little sore after it. Toughen him up and don't blame the kids for tackling. Your coaches goal is for their team to do the same. You left gordonsville because you didn't like our coach. We already figured that out. But Seems like you aren't such a good role model for coming on here calling a coach names like a little 1st grader. Grow up or stay home if you can't. Here's a tip for you. Turn the radio off after Jimmy finishes his segment.

Good post, croz. I think you got your point across well.

Lady, I think we all got it figured out. It is called football. You are supposed to tackle in this game. You hit hard to make the play. Sorry your kid was a little sore after it. Toughen him up and don't blame the kids for tackling. Your coaches goal is for their team to do the same. You left gordonsville because you didn't like our coach. We already figured that out. But Seems like you aren't such a good role model for coming on here calling a coach names like a little 1st grader. Grow up or stay home if you can't. Here's a tip for you. Turn the radio off after Jimmy finishes his segment.

Lady??? your an idiot...

Lady??? your an idiot...

Actually, I think you have already proven who the real idiot is.

I wish the best for your son. I hope he has a good rest of the season. He is a good kid despite what he has to listen to when he gets home from you. You are embarrassing him with your ranting.

Good luck, Owls. Let's both regroup and build on our strengths and work on our weaknesses. Wouldn't it be great if both schools brought home gold this year? Time to move on. We both have new victims to conquer.

Edited by thebluetigerpaw

Actually, I think you have already proven who the real idiot is.

I wish the best for your son. I hope he has a good rest of the season. He is a good kid despite what he has to listen to when he gets home from you. You are embarrassing him with your ranting.

Good luck, Owls. Let's both regroup and build on our strengths and work on our weaknesses. Wouldn't it be great if both schools brought home gold this year? Time to move on. We both have new victims to conquer.

FYI.. I dont have a kid that plays.. But I agree with you.. Time to move on and focus on next week..

Guest Termite

INTIMIDATED? You do need to get a grip. Most of these kids run around together 345 days a year. One week a year they are enemies. Most hang most hang out together after the game.That's part of what makes it so nerve wracking for them, they see each other every day/week.There are a very few that don't get along but no more than anywhere else even at their own schools.

And as far as Marshall, well, they did run it on SCs defense from what I saw. Let it go already.

I really can't wait for Thursday nite Sports Nuts to hear Mousy Marshal to say Quote.. : We beat the owls all over the field except on the score board" My question is when it is all said and done.. Where the heck you supposed to beat them... Too many times have I heard that come from him.. Man up and say you took a loss.. Yes the boys played good and I dont take that away from them... I guess that is where the team gets their attitudes and sportmanship.. They will follow what they are taught....

Well I must say, the MIGHTY OWLS looked thoroughly impressive against that jr. high team from across the river Friday night. LMBO!!! I will be so happy when the BIG GUY finally drops them from our schedule. We have absolutely nothing to gain from playing a small time program like them. Moose can make all the excuses he wants, but it ain't gonna hide the fact that got served another Maynordaise Dumpling! NOW SOMEBODY PLEASE PASS THE MAYNORDAISE!!!

Judging from the final score, the coaches decision wasn't all that bad. He got the "W". 3 pts

or 1 pt gets the same. Not sure how much of a "statement" you could make with no score at

the end of regulation. Both teams played a heck of a game. Congrats to both.

Enough of the name calling & coach bashing. Clean it up or the topic will be closed.

Tks, Mod.