South vs Dobyns-Bennett

TRIBE86

Want to say congrats to the Indians and their fans and I wish you luck the rest of the way. You seem to have a special team. Lots of speed...keep working and the sky could be the limit...unfortunately South didn't give you enough test, again, to see how good you really are. Hopefully Sevier county will give you the test that you need. The hook and lateral was executed to perfection...the thing that pee'ed me off was the ensuing kickoff that went directly to Swafford. Why do that???? BTW that was Swafford on the first TD catch correct? Great play on his part he simply took the ball away from the db. When the Rebels took the ball and marched it 80 yards for the TD, I thought we had ourselves a ballgame....then in my opinion the coaching staff had a stroke. We held you guys to a punt and then did absolutely nothing with the ball. In fact I figured to see a lot of number 2 at QB for the Rebs again since he did a great job of guiding the team in the previous series. Then the punt...TD Indians, then the int....TD Indians...then I don't know if that was another trick play designed to be snapped to the reciever in motion or not but of course fumble and TD Indians. I by no means think we had the horses to win this game...but to keep it close, hope for a couple of mistakes by the Indians and try to capitilize...the last 5 mins of the half were horendous for us. You know I have listened to Waco say it for years and he is right the coaching up here is pathetic. Maybe I'm looking thru my blue and silver grey glasses. But to me if the opponent had a hard time stopping the previous drive...by gosh I'm going back to that same set until they do stop it. Opinions anyone??? Again congrats and I hope you all go all the way....BTW don't give anyone the time of day on that stupid one and done crap!

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to say congrats to the Indians and their fans and I wish you luck the rest of the way. You seem to have a special team. Lots of speed...keep working and the sky could be the limit...unfortunately South didn't give you enough test, again, to see how good you really are. Hopefully Sevier county will give you the test that you need. The hook and lateral was executed to perfection...the thing that pee'ed me off was the ensuing kickoff that went directly to Swafford. Why do that???? BTW that was Swafford on the first TD catch correct? Great play on his part he simply took the ball away from the db. When the Rebels took the ball and marched it 80 yards for the TD, I thought we had ourselves a ballgame....then in my opinion the coaching staff had a stroke. We held you guys to a punt and then did absolutely nothing with the ball. In fact I figured to see a lot of number 2 at QB for the Rebs again since he did a great job of guiding the team in the previous series. Then the punt...TD Indians, then the int....TD Indians...then I don't know if that was another trick play designed to be snapped to the reciever in motion or not but of course fumble and TD Indians. I by no means think we had the horses to win this game...but to keep it close, hope for a couple of mistakes by the Indians and try to capitilize...the last 5 mins of the half were horendous for us. You know I have listened to Waco say it for years and he is right the coaching up here is pathetic. Maybe I'm looking thru my blue and silver grey glasses. But to me if the opponent had a hard time stopping the previous drive...by gosh I'm going back to that same set until they do stop it. Opinions anyone??? Again congrats and I hope you all go all the way....BTW don't give anyone the time of day on that stupid one and done crap!

I agree. The 80 yard drive was just ramming it down the Tribe's throat. Not sure why they didn't keep on that until DB showed they could stop it. I have to admit after that drive I was more than a little concerned this was going to turn into a slugfest and I feared DB would get tight and make some mistakes and then anything could have happened. I think it backfired because when things started to unravel for South it snowballed.

If it hadn't been for the Halftime show I would have asked for my money back. The band is as advertised... very good and very entertaining! It was a decent game for a quarter being that the score was only 21 to 14 (I think) and DB scored off a South turnover in the red zone, a 80+ yard kickoff return, and a houdini in the end-zone that should have been an interception. South perfectly executed a beautiful hook and ladder and then proceeded to drive the ball down DB's throat for another score. Then DB opened the can... end of story.

By the way... South's hoodlum... I mean student section has to be the most disrespectful group of kids I have ever seen and they seem to be that way almost every year; and it's getting worse. I can't help but think that they are a direct reflection of their school and their parents. These hoodlums booed the DB band as they were lining up to perform, and then threw empty Gatorade bottles at the players as the came back on the field after halftime. The parents and administration from South obviously didn't see anything wrong with their actions although there were several officers that did. Coach Clark is a better man than I... because after their actions I would have kept the throttle down and put 100 points on the Rebels. But Coach Clark put 2nd and 3rd sting in after the first possession of the second half. I have a feeling that this years karma will be enough to change their tune next season... mark my words. ;)

Per request, that would be "South and Done". And yes, South's coaching staff is..................but not for the reasons listed above.

Both the TD takeaway and the KO return TD were Foreman, not Swafford. Foreman is actually the faster of the two, and one of the fastest track guys in E. TN, but they're both darn good FB players.

Don't blame all on south coaches.....it was a continuing chess match in the 1st qtr. Db made adjustments after the long drive and south was making adjustments to the adjustments. Pretty good stuff early then the flood gates opened.......after that, no need to play straight up. It got ugly. But it wasn't just that south found what worked one drive then didn't do it again.....it was tweaks and counter tweaks....

South, you should be proud of your team for playing hard and competing. It's never fun when you lose but you did'nt give up. Things will get better soon. You guys just run into a much better team. Too much speed. Speed kills. Foreman and Swafford are just next level good. You guys showed real potential on a couple of drives and looked well not having to throw at all. Good luck the rest of the way. That stuff was hard to say but it's the truth. So, give me your opinions of what you saw from us tonight. How do we look? Good luck rest of the season and Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement 91. Kudos to Coach Clark for evaluating a special freshman class 2 years ago and installing this offense. It looks like the perfect match to utilize all that speed running laterally waiting for the lanes to open up. South's linebackers couldn't catch up leaving only a corner and safety to contend with. Whichever coach works with the WRs on holding blocks does a great job. Malik and Devon are special talents and Barger is close to them. O-line and D-lines looked pretty dominant to me. QB play is solid, but probably needs improvement to get you where you want to go. This team could take what it has and work really hard to polish what is already very good special teams and win the big play off games everyone wants with the return game.. I think the speed of the backs was impressive, but I was more impressed with the overall speed of the backers and D-line and overall physical play of the entire unit.

63-21 may prejudice my judgement, but I think this D-B team may be able to get over the hump and push the Red Rebels for the trip to Cookeville, especially if the offense keeps evolving with a little more balance. Good luck the rest of the way. I'm sure the Tribe will rep Kingsport well as there are a lot of good young men on that team. Always a pleasure to play at the Fred over any other venue regardless of the outcome.