McKenzie @ Dresden

hogheaven

Concerning the topic of this thread which is McKenzie at Dresden, It is my opinion that as the old saying goes "to be the man you have to beat the man" and McKenzie football has without question been to program to shoot for in our district in the recent past. McKenzie has a community following and a team mindset that truly believes that they can not only compete, but win on any given Friday night no matter who they play. We have tried to set our sights that high in Dresden for the past few seasons and hopefully continuing into this season. The proof will surely reveal itself this Friday night in Dresden as to whether or not we have come close to reaching that goal. The Rebels are a surmountable opponent and a tough hill to climb. We hope to win on Friday night, but realize that the competition will be tough. As far as the numerous comments by GCPioneer goes, he has been falsely labeling our team since at least the 2009 season regarding knocking a player of theirs out during a kickoff in the 2009 season. He paints the Lions as having "intentionally" hurt that player. It is simply not the case and I challenge him to post the video he says is so clear. I watched the game in question and have seen first hand the block in question. The block was a legitimate downfield block by number 34 of the Lions on GC player number 3 at that time. He blocked the player from GC, that player lost his helmet, and unfortunately he took one step and was unconscious before he hit the ground. That seems to be the play that has stuck in his mind as the most egregious. The rest of our meetings have been primarily hard hitting games with the occasional penalty by two teams trying to hit hard and compete. Please stop crying over hard fought losses and attempting to label one team as cheap shot artist when there is enough of that to go around in any given game. Provide the proof if you have it. I look forward to letting the people on this thread being the judges concerning that play. Please post a link to the video as your proof. If you don't then I will try and find it myself. The coaches at DHS teach hard nosed football within the bounds of ethical play. Some of them have children that have played the game and would never condone the intentional injury of opposing players.

Edited by lionsports

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see the community get behind DHS as the community does in Mckenzie that is a top notch program and I do feel that Dresden is trying put themselves in the same position. More people are showing their support and that means a lot to the players who put in the hard work. There is a great group of coaches there that really care about the players and pushes them to be better which really shows on the field. Everyone in the district looks tough this season and the coaches seem to have the team ready to play tough but the Rebels are still at the top until someone knocks them off. Should be a great game Friday I can't wait!

Glad a new board was started. Now if the chargers and pioneers will stick their own games this week we should be good.

Friday night has the potential to be a war. Both teams have good defenses offense favores the rebels home field of course the lions....shewwww and coaching fsvors the rebels.special teams is a toss up. Being I am from Carroll County I am of course picking the rebels. If Dresden turns the ball over like last year it could be a 14 to 21 point game.But the lions haven't turned it over yet. go get em Rebels!!!!

For The Ones Who Say...."It's Our Kids Your Talking About". You Need To Grow Thicker Skin...Half The Fun Of These Boards Is To Incite A Near Riot! Alot Of Us On Here Would Be The First To Run To Your Support Or Change Your Tire Or Share A Hotdog With Ya...We Love Getting On Here And Bump Chests And Say We Are Better Than You...Mainly Because It Does Add A Certain Drama Aspect To The Game. I Frankly Could Give A Rats Patoot Who Wins...Because The Next Day I Have To Either Eat Crow Or Jump On The Next Opponent. So Loosen Up Your Collar And Grow Some Thicker Skin And Try Not To Be So Dad Gummed Confrontational. Ease Up An You Might Enjoy These Boards A Lil More.

alot of our past turn overs come down to the officials lop-sided calls

I was wondering when statements like this one would start. Accept no responsibility and blame others for fumbles and picks when an official never played a down. Way to put that disclaimer in there. When you win, be humble and when you lose accept it like men, no excuses. R.P.O.D

For The Ones Who Say...."It's Our Kids Your Talking About". You Need To Grow Thicker Skin...Half The Fun Of These Boards Is To Incite A Near Riot! Alot Of Us On Here Would Be The First To Run To Your Support Or Change Your Tire Or Share A Hotdog With Ya...We Love Getting On Here And Bump Chests And Say We Are Better Than You...Mainly Because It Does Add A Certain Drama Aspect To The Game. I Frankly Could Give A Rats Patoot Who Wins...Because The Next Day I Have To Either Eat Crow Or Jump On The Next Opponent. So Loosen Up Your Collar And Grow Some Thicker Skin And Try Not To Be So Dad Gummed Confrontational. Ease Up An You Might Enjoy These Boards A Lil More.

who you telling to ease up? :roflol:

The winner of this game will be the one who wins the turnovers and field position battle. Both Defenses will work to limit the number of touches the opponent has. I see a low scoring game. Wouldn't be suprised if the total points is less than 20. If Dresden wins, is it an upset?