2011-2012 District 4a

eaglefan2012

I'm glad she is ok, but if you were talking about Ball, it would definitely hurt os if she went down with an injury. I understand having depth and girls willing to work hard to win, but she wouldn't be easily replaced. I don't know her point average, but I'm guessing it's close to double digits and she is a really good ball handler. Nevertheless, I'm glad she is ok. (if it was even Ball that you was referring to, lol)

Glad to hear that she is okay.

And I would have to agree with 4aFan...Ball would be a hard one to replace, I can't say with her gone they would be at full strength to play the rest of the district.

So Three weeks until District tournaments...How do you think everything is going to stack up?

I think three or four teams can win it. Oakdale needs Thompson back to make it a four-team race IMO.

I don't think any of us picked Wartburg :s

Oneida jumped out to a double point lead really fast, and Coach D made probably one of the best coaching moves he has made all year....he sat ALL of his starters (except for #23 - a junior)for most of the 1st peroid. The Seniors responded well to the "attention getter", and the little freshman Hamby played one of the best games I have seen her play to date.

Wartburg and Oneida traded leads a few times in the fourth, and actually had a 1 point lead I believe when Phillips drove the lane and got fouled, the Oneida player that got the foul call slammed the ball to the ground and said something, not sure what, may have just been "dag gummit!"..but either way it got her a T..that hurt Oneida and put them down by 3 at that point I believe. Oneida hit a 3 from the parking lot with just a few seconds remaining to take a 1 point lead, long story short is, it was a really good game! and Wartburg won 45-44.

Wartburg made several good adjustments against Oneida that helped them win the game. The biggest difference was Wartburg shooting 26 free throws and Oneida only shooting 9. Not blaming refs by any means but the technical called by the farthest ref away from the action with the other two looking right at the girl and not calling anything is questionable. The frustration the girl had was with herself not the initial call.

The foul at the end was game by the Oneida player was a foul, the question there is why foul in that situation. Coach Jackson has done a super job thus far and I agree with an earlier post that the tournament is up for grabs. At this time Wartburg should be the favorite getting to play on their home floor with OS providing the biggest challenge.

Wartburg made several good adjustments against Oneida that helped them win the game. The biggest difference was Wartburg shooting 26 free throws and Oneida only shooting 9. Not blaming refs by any means but the technical called by the farthest ref away from the action with the other two looking right at the girl and not calling anything is questionable. The frustration the girl had was with herself not the initial call.

The foul at the end was game by the Oneida player was a foul, the question there is why foul in that situation. Coach Jackson has done a super job thus far and I agree with an earlier post that the tournament is up for grabs. At this time Wartburg should be the favorite getting to play on their home floor with OS providing the biggest challenge.

Generally that's one of Wartburg's team goals in late season. They usually make more free throws than the other team shoots due to their 1/2 court D smart and not too apt to foul. It's crucial that they play tough and guard without fouling. I really didn't see them do much that should've resulted in a foul, while oneida was extremely aggressive trying to block shots. When you block shots you usually foul more.

I am betting that the player in question used the wrong vocabulary in showing her displeasure with the call. That is usually what warrants a tech from that distance away. You have got to remember Wartburg was 13-16 last year and won the dist. these kids have been in more close tournament type games than almost anyone in 4A. I thought it was experience that was the difference between them winning and losing. Oneida will be there in the end, I believe the lady dogs will as well.

I think the T was very unfortunate, but frustrated at herself or a dog in the parking lot, I have seen that called almost every time, slamming the ball against the floor simply isn't tolerated. I'm not so sure her words were all that bad. As for the ref furthest from the action making the call, all I can say is she almost got lucky when the first two let her by with it, lol

I have no doubt the young lady regrets that act of frustration more than anyone, and it may even fire her up for the next time she plays Wartburg (could be in the district tourny), I still think it's anybodys tournament to win.

Also, that late foul on the inbound that Oneida didn't need, that young lady must have been thinking they were down instead of up 1...that had me scratching my head, lol...again, a lesson learned. I bet she will never make that mistake ever again, she feels just as bad as the one that got the T I'm sure.

Oneida has a good team, their season is FAR from over. They have a good shot at the district.

Wartburg got more foul shots because we were fouling late in the game. They probably got 10-12 free throws late due to this. So, I dont think that made a big difference. All our posts do is try to block shots. Playermom is right! As long as we do that and don't play any zone defense we are going to foul! Wartburg runs that foreign defense and it keeps them out of trouble. Kudos to their players for coming back from down 12-14 points. We have played them tough 2 times, but I wonder how the game looks if they don't dig a hole early. We better bring our A game next time!

I think Oneida has a great shot at the dist title, but that doesn't matter the region is where Oneida basketball has always been measured!

Oneida region? Maybe? Very true, but I wouldnt call it a foreign defense , its just different similiar to syracuse, very similar, Oneida has talent, but their coach is not a zone coach, and most good zone teams work on man all the time, but with principles in situations. I think Oneida has a rough battle first round of district if they don't start playing better. I think Oneida going to OS will be huge, I think its right before the district. Mind the fan and crowd over there and Oneida may can win there. Jackson Knows what she is doing, as long as fans will be patient and let her work her team. She knows how to win

I think Jackson will always put a team on the floor that is capable of beating anybody. That being said, winning at OS will probably be the hardest district game they have had all year.

This is High School ball, anything can still happen, it wouldn't be a shock to see Oneida go into the tourny as a 3 or 4 seed, and come out champions. Look what Wartburg done last year! Knocked off 2 teams that had beat them all 4 meetings, and won the tournament title. This years title is still up for grabs, and will be til the last game.