Two Simple Reasons

realsoccer

kids are kids let them play, quit making excuses about money or recruiting. Public schools recruit and private schools in DI "help out". At least the DII are honest and up front about it, and all you public school people don't start in on McCallie about 6 or 7 years ago, its in the past. This split is about wins and losses, and some public school coaches got their feelings hurt when they got out coached in football. Get over it

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by bluesoccer:
McCallie has never had a Jamaican soccer player - JV or Varsity. I challenge you to name him. Your false accusation either indicates you are intentionally lying, too lazy to easily research your statement or are ignorant. My guess is that you combine all three. Your accusations also indicate the level of jealousy that many on the public school side of the argument frequently exhibit.

It's difficult to understand why someone so obviously misinformed would want to display his ignorance for all to observe. I suppose the anominity of the internet allows you to post your false and malicious accusations without the possibility of detection of the fool you obviously are.

Do you really think that parents paying full freight are going tolerate subsidizing athletes who would play in front of their own children? You seem to know a lot about McCallie athletics. Give us the names of athletes being "paid to play". While you're at it give us the names of good athletes going to public schools who have crossed zones to play for recognized quality coaches.

I guess your $14,000 per year education has not given you the ability to debate a tough subject without resorting to personal insults.

Posted by bbsesq:
Posted by bluesoccer:
McCallie has never had a Jamaican soccer player - JV or Varsity. I challenge you to name him. Your false accusation either indicates you are intentionally lying, too lazy to easily research your statement or are ignorant. My guess is that you combine all three. Your accusations also indicate the level of jealousy that many on the public school side of the argument frequently exhibit.

It's difficult to understand why someone so obviously misinformed would want to display his ignorance for all to observe. I suppose the anominity of the internet allows you to post your false and malicious accusations without the possibility of detection of the fool you obviously are.

Do you really think that parents paying full freight are going tolerate subsidizing athletes who would play in front of their own children? You seem to know a lot about McCallie athletics. Give us the names of athletes being "paid to play". While you're at it give us the names of good athletes going to public schools who have crossed zones to play for recognized quality coaches.

I guess your $14,000 per year education has not given you the ability to debate a tough subject without resorting to personal insults.

BBSESQ, you started this a number of posts ago when you accused McCallie of paying a Jamaican to play soccer. I believe two posters have since called BS on you and asked you to put up or shut up or words to that effect. You did neither. U look really silly when you accuse a school of something that would be so easily researched and then ignore them when they call BS on you. I've followed McCallie soccer for years both as an opponent and observor. The last kid that could conceivably be mistaken for a Jamaican was the the son of a Chattanooga cardiologist. He was the big goalie and he now plays at South Carolina. He's black but he aint Jamaican.

Ur whining sounds like a lot of the stuff on this board. Instead of improving your own athletic teams, it's so much easier to blame the other guy.

Oh by the way, I believe the tuition these days is closer to $16K. I think you could have found that out pretty easily to. Anything else you want me to find out for u, just let me know.

URS IN ACCURACY

Takedown

In south eastern Tennessee, a north alabama high school has regularly brought in Tennessee athletes to suplement its football program. I'm trying to figure out how the TSSAA is going to "punish" those guys.

I'm trying to figure out what recruiting in the ahsaa has to do with Tennessee's problem (real or perceived).

Posted by StanTrott:

Takedown:

Have you ever heard of McCallie coaches asking players in the Chattanooga area to come and play at McCallie? I believe they prefer the East Brainerd - Ooltewah area.

I know of a kid from Jackson that has been asked to attend Lexington. Just so happens the kid is a really good baseball player. So what was your point? :confused:

Posted by StanTrott:

Takedown:

Have you ever heard of McCallie coaches asking players in the Chattanooga area to come and play at McCallie? I believe they prefer the East Brainerd - Ooltewah area.

The last two soccer coaches at McCallie, Simms and Meyers, are invisible in the local soccer scene. Neither one has ever been spotted anywhere near a recreational or select soccer game. Simms, in addition to being a full time history teacher, was extremely active in the national soccer organizations. His brother reffed World Cup matches and his father was a legendary Georgia high school coach. He didn't have any time to get involved in local soccer and didn't. Coach Meyers is also a full time teacher and dorm advisor. He's never been spotted off campus. Both these guys have or had excellent coaching records before they got to McCallie.

Jimmy Weekley at Baylor is extremely active in girls select soccer. I've never met a parent who wouldn't want their child, boy or girl, to play for him. He is not a full time teacher. Jimmy's a great guy and a super coach. For what it's worth, he's a professing Christian. That's neither here nor there but it attracts an awful lot of parents and kids.

That, plus a first class education and desciplined environment makes it very easy to attract good kids who may or may not be athletes.

Of the 20 players on last year's team, maybe 4 or 5 had some scholarship money. One of the best players had been a McCallie Scholar which is a 4 year merit based scholarship for outstanding scholars from around the country. Because of the TSSAA rule that he would not of qualified to participate on a needs basis and because he wanted to play athletics, his parents paid the full freight his last two years. He has now one of the most valuable merit based scholarships among ACC schools where he is a red shirt freshman on the soccer team.

That was a very long answer to your pointed question about recruiting kids over in Ooltewah and East Brainerd. Actually, there were a bunch of kids from Signal Mountain last year who started and not a scholarship among the bunch. If McCallie was going to recruit in Ooletwah, don't you think they would have signed up Justin Givens? He was probably the best player in the city last year, smart and played select with several of the McCallie players.

When you drill down into questions like yours, it's usually some rumour started by a jealous public school coach. I guess that't a redundant statement on my behalf.

Posted by swamp:

In south eastern Tennessee, a north alabama high school has regularly brought in Tennessee athletes to suplement its football program. I'm trying to figure out how the TSSAA is going to "punish" those guys.

I'm trying to figure out what recruiting in the ahsaa has to do with Tennessee's problem (real or perceived).

I think he was pointing out the endemic nature of public school recruiting in every state vis a vis accusations of private school recruiting, ie Not only do public schools recruit in each others zones but also across state lines.

Seemed obvious to me.