( 1A )Sept 12 Poll

tricklician

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is what i mean...SP has about 3x the population of Wayne Co. and Perry Co....and thats why you seem them as good as they are year in and year out and in PC and WC they have down yrs for 3-4 yrs(in exception to WC cuz they usually have a good team every yr)...but in a bigger populated area they can have kids just as good yr in and yr out...thats why they should be 2A...just sayin

South Pittsburg has down years as well. South Pittsburg went the the state finals in 1985 and 1986. In 87 they went to the quarterfinals. They didnt do much of anything again until 1993 when they made the semifinals. 93-99 provided some really good teams and a couple of championships. 2000 was a 2-7 season 2003 was a trip the the quarterfinals and 2004 was a 3-7 season. We have been on a current run since 2007 of having good teams, but we also experience down years.

this is what i mean...SP has about 3x the population of Wayne Co. and Perry Co....and thats why you seem them as good as they are year in and year out and in PC and WC they have down yrs for 3-4 yrs(in exception to WC cuz they usually have a good team every yr)...but in a bigger populated area they can have kids just as good yr in and yr out...thats why they should be 2A...just sayin

I still don't get your point....so one of the smallest schools in 1A should move up to 2A because certain teams don't get a fair shot at a title?? That makes no sense to me. On an average year, SP has around 300 kids in 7-12....so say between 200-250 in 9-12. No, we don't have school zones in Marion Co, but the majority of kids that attend the three high schools live in the town the school is located. There are exceptions where kids move from school to school, but that is very rare. And if they do that, they usually have to sit out a year before they can participate in sports. Just like Ambassador mentioned, SP has down years...but I guess since the Pirates have consistently good teams for several years it looks like they never have down years. Seriously, they should have a good team for at least 2 more years, and then they may drop off. I look at it like this, you have to go with what you have when it comes to football.

Have you ever been in SP? We do not have a big population. We just have kids year in and year out who are excellent athletes and it starts early in the little league programs and works up and as they progress they just get better and better. So we do not have a big population...and I am just sayin

Jay do you just try to make PC look dumb with these stupid statements

Shep,after i read my post back it sounded different than it was ment,nothing negative was ment towards JB or their fans the comment was aimed towards media we lost to SM and Polk so we were catagorized as not being a physical team.JB players and fans took the loss with class and there was not alot of trash talk and negativity on the field or off the field.I talked to several fans from JB great sportsmanship, figure JB tougher schedule will put you back at cookville, I expect we will have a few losses on the way but not by any 1A schools. 10-o means nothing if you get put out in the first round

It's all good, Bones. :thumb:

If you look SP is one of the smallest school's that play's football in 1a. Most graduating classes have 50-60 every year so what does Wayne co. and Perry Co. in 9-12? I'm not sure but I had heard the beginning of the year SP had 228 in 9-12 so let's compare that. By the way Jasper has way over 500 and Whitwell has usually over 350 so as you can see we are the smallest but most powerful football school in Marion County.. It would be nice to know your facts b4 you get on here and start writing about stuff you don't know..Don't take it out on us bc you haven't won a state championship yet!!

If you look SP is one of the smallest school's that play's football in 1a. Most graduating classes have 50-60 every year so what does Wayne co. and Perry Co. in 9-12? I'm not sure but I had heard the beginning of the year SP had 228 in 9-12 so let's compare that. By the way Jasper has way over 500 and Whitwell has usually over 350 so

as you can see we are the smallest but most powerful football school in Marion County.. It would be nice to know your facts b4 you get on here and start writing about stuff you don't know..Don't take it out on us bc you haven't won a state championship yet!!

Dont take it out on PC just because one g,uy continually makes dumb comments

The reason I asked was because many people are shocked to know South Pitt has that low of an enrollment. With the population in Marion Co, having three schools is a necessity. Marion Co and Perry Co are pretty close in size (512 sq/m and 423 sq/m) but Marion Co has about 20,000 more people making up its population. Wayne Co's area is 736 sq/m (2nd largest in TN) but only about twice Perry Co's population. WCHS and Collinwood's enrollment are usually about even at around 320 per school (I'll not count Clifton since they only have like 5 kids in each grade).

The point I'm getting at and I think some people try to too sometimes, is even though South Pitt has one of the smallest enrollments, they have a better chance of getting talent.

So SP is about the 5th smallest public school in Tennessee with a football program bet yet they have a better chance of getting talent? Your logic is flawed and my meter is pegged. The South Pittsburg has a long tradition. For example the 1999 state championship team had several players on it whose dads played on the 1969 state championship team.

bsmeter.gif