The new 3A AP poll

swingjuice

I'd go with:

1.) Alcoa: last week was just an anomoly and this week is when the Tornadoes re-group and run the table. Alcoa was an underdog against Maryville but when they lost to a team that had no business beating them that is the motivation that puts their intensity over the edge. It's very similar to when Alcoa lost to Fulton in 2006 and ran the table after that game. This will be very similar.

2.) Austin-East: the Road Runners are #2 because their losses were to strong AAA teams (Powell & West). The last 2 weeks AE has surrended 7 points in each of their wins over Fulton & Alcoa.

3.) Milan: the Bulldogs have a really nice win over an outstanding Humboldt Vikings squad. Their upcoming games with the likes of South Gibson & Westview should tell us more. I wish Milan played Huntingdon this year.

4.) Fairview: when will anyone take notice that this team is good? The Jackets have yet to truly be tested all year long and have 3 impressive wins over Cheatham County, Lewis County, & Page. Their matchups with Marshall & Giles will decide the district crown.

5.) CAK: the Warriors were just knocked off by Grace in a bit of an upset. The opening win over Anderson County was impressive. The week's contest with an always gritty Loudon bunch should tell us more. I look forward to their meetings with Kingston & Alcoa.

6.) Pearl-Cohn: the Firebirds losses came at the hands of BGA & Blackman. That's no disgrace. Pearl-Cohn still has matchups with Maplewood, MBA, David Lipscomb, and CPA remaining on the schedule. I see them as a Top 10 caliber team but making the postseason will be challenging with that schedule.

7.) CPA: they are unbeaten and have an impressive win over Goodpasture. Outside of this we really do not know that much about where the Lions stand. Meetings with David Lipscomb, Maplewood, and Pearl-Cohn will tell us much more.

8.) Smith County: the Owls continue to show us why they are one of the more underrated teams in the midstate area. They have an impressive start to the season going, including a nice victory over Gordonsville. I look forward to their matchup with DeKalb County this week. That contest should decide the district title.

9.) Loudon: the Redskins only loss came at the hands of Alcoa. Outside of this they are off to a solid start and continue to fly under the radar. The win over Lenoir City was considered to be an upset but it was a quality win. This week's matchup with CAK should be a good indicator of how worthy they are of this ranking.

10.) Elizabethton/Sullivan North: this week's matchup between these 2 teams should tell us who stays in the Top 10 and who departs. It will be for the 1-AA district crown.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go with:

1.) Alcoa: last week was just an anomoly and this week is when the Tornadoes re-group and run the table. Alcoa was an underdog against Maryville but when they lost to a team that had no business beating them that is the motivation that puts their intensity over the edge. It's very similar to when Alcoa lost to Fulton in 2006 and ran the table after that game. This will be very similar.

2.) Austin-East: the Road Runners are #2 because their losses were to strong AAA teams (Powell & West). The last 2 weeks AE has surrended 7 points in each of their wins over Fulton & Alcoa.

3.) Milan: the Bulldogs have a really nice win over an outstanding Humboldt Vikings squad. Their upcoming games with the likes of South Gibson & Westview should tell us more. I wish Milan played Huntingdon this year.

4.) Fairview: when will anyone take notice that this team is good? The Jackets have yet to truly be tested all year long and have 3 impressive wins over Cheatham County, Lewis County, & Page. Their matchups with Marshall & Giles will decide the district crown.

5.) CAK: the Warriors were just knocked off by Grace in a bit of an upset. The opening win over Anderson County was impressive. The week's contest with an always gritty Loudon bunch should tell us more. I look forward to their meetings with Kingston & Alcoa.

6.) Pearl-Cohn: the Firebirds losses came at the hands of BGA & Blackman. That's no disgrace. Pearl-Cohn still has matchups with Maplewood, MBA, David Lipscomb, and CPA remaining on the schedule. I see them as a Top 10 caliber team but making the postseason will be challenging with that schedule.

7.) CPA: they are unbeaten and have an impressive win over Goodpasture. Outside of this we really do not know that much about where the Lions stand. Meetings with David Lipscomb, Maplewood, and Pearl-Cohn will tell us much more.

8.) Smith County: the Owls continue to show us why they are one of the more underrated teams in the midstate area. They have an impressive start to the season going, including a nice victory over Gordonsville. I look forward to their matchup with DeKalb County this week. That contest should decide the district title.

9.) Loudon: the Redskins only loss came at the hands of Alcoa. Outside of this they are off to a solid start and continue to fly under the radar. The win over Lenoir City was considered to be an upset but it was a quality win. This week's matchup with CAK should be a good indicator of how worthy they are of this ranking.

10.) Elizabethton/Sullivan North: this week's matchup between these 2 teams should tell us who stays in the Top 10 and who departs. It will be for the 1-AA district crown.

Milan does play Huntingdon this year. Will be Milan's best test until the playoffs!!!

Polls are created to draw interest in up and coming games. Number 1 Alcoa vs Number 1 Maryville will draw better than Alcoa vs Maryville. Its a money thing. Plus it gives people something to argue over throughout the season. Other than that these polls mean nothing more than that turd floating in the bowl. I ask people not to vote for my team. I like the underdog role. ;)

Do people actually think these "polls" by sports writers who are dominated by middle and east tennessee papers mean anything? Is Milan a good team....yes, without a doubt. Do I think they could beat CAK, Austin-East, Alcoa, CPA....NO not by what little I have seen of them. But, if it makes the Bulldog fans feel better, then so be it. Whatever helps them sleep better at night. Polls mean nothing!!! And yes, turds often float if it is the first turd. All those following usually sink and don't stink as bad.

People loosen up a little, the sports writers threw us a bone, why, I don't know? Do I think Milan

is the best team in the state, NO. Who is? Who knows? Polls mean nothing in high school football.

I sleep just fine at night, Milan football is not on my things to loose sleep over list!!

matt_8777----you might need to talk to somebody about watching to see if your turds sink or float.

The visual is kinda making me nauseous.

I'd go with:

9.) Loudon: the Redskins only loss came at the hands of Alcoa. Outside of this they are off to a solid start and continue to fly under the radar. The win over Lenoir City was considered to be an upset but it w