Hampton

JPII

Hampton lost to Chuckey Doak tonight, 73-61, in a game that wasn't THAT close. I haven't seen such lack of enthusiasm and spirit on a team from Hampton in a long time. The lack of effort on defense was esp. noticeable, as CD flew past every half-court trap that was half-heartedly thrown at them. They bombed away from three-point land at will, and out-hustled the Dogs to every loose ball. I don't know the reason for the lackluster showing tonight, but if this happens much more, they won't make it out of the district, much less get to the regional. I'm a dyed in the wool Bulldog, and I almost gave myself a headache at this game. Shortly after halftime, fans started leaving. I really couldnt blame them, there wasnt much to get enthusiastic about. Hopefully this was a wake-up call to the team, but with Cloudland looming friday night, there is a LOT of work to do.

Dog fan, we expect to see the real Hampton Friday night. Lightening fast and hard to catch. Friday night at Sonny Smith gym, Hampton and Cloudland will provide the ultimate gayla spectacle. Lets beat them Dogs like they committed a crime!! Whooo!! :o;)

I hope you are right about seeing the real Hampton team, however if they play like they did against Chuckey Doak then this game will be over quick and will get ugly. We showed no passion, effort, intensity whatever you want to call it the other night. I just don't understand it. You only get a couple of years of your entire life to play high school basketball and then its over for ever. Every game that you get to play should be viewed as a blessing and should be played with complete passion. As a defender, it should eat at your gut if someone scores on you. Come on Hampton...have some pride. If you get beat, at least be able to say that you gave it your all. The season will be over before you know it. I hope both teams lay it all on the line Friday and come out injury free. Good luck to both teams.

I hope you are right about seeing the real Hampton team, however if they play like they did against Chuckey Doak then this game will be over quick and will get ugly. We showed no passion, effort, intensity whatever you want to call it the other night. I just don't understand it. You only get a couple of years of your entire life to play high school basketball and then its over for ever. Every game that you get to play should be viewed as a blessing and should be played with complete passion. As a defender, it should eat at your gut if someone scores on you. Come on Hampton...have some pride. If you get beat, at least be able to say that you gave it your all. The season will be over before you know it. I hope both teams lay it all on the line Friday and come out injury free. Good luck to both teams.

I' glad I wasn't the only one to see what I saw monday night. I was so aggravated I couldnt hardly stand it! No pride, no passion, no SPIRIT! I've never understood kids who play only when they feel like it, then quit when somebody makes them mad. As you said, you only get a couple or three years to play varsity, and for the vast majority of players, it's OVER. I'm hoping the team plays like they have shown in the past this friday night, or it WILL be ugly for sure!

Edited by Dawgfan88

The Dogs had another one quit. Seems like a revolving door of players that quit, come back, start, quit, come back, start, etc. You get the picture. Not much team spirit there. I hope they dont beg him to come back again because the Team morale is low enough.

I hate to hear this. However, life sometimes is not fair and it throws a lot of adversity at us. Hopefully the players that are sticking with it grow closer as a team and as an old saying goes "play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back". This is where character is built. Never throw in the towel. I hope the players stay positive and continue to strive on becoming a unit.

The Dogs had another one quit. Seems like a revolving door of players that quit, come back, start, quit, come back, start, etc. You get the picture. Not much team spirit there. I hope they dont beg him to come back again because the Team morale is low enough.

Who quit this time???

I heard TT quit. Again.

He was the one player I thought Cloudland would have a hard time matching up with. I'm still not sure who will win the game,but with him,Hampton deffinately had a better chance. But to be really good at anything,you have to have a passion for it,people don't usually quit things they love.Hopefully the rest of um loves the game enough to stick it out. I feel bad for Ned, he's actually had a very good year,but its got to be miserable.

I heard the Dogs have had 2 quit again today....WHERES THE DISCIPLINE???? It starts with the coaches doesnt it? Thats too bad it was gonna be a hard night in Lander Land Friday nite for them anyway...seems to have just gotten harder. Theres gotta be a problem somewhere for so many to quit. Looks like the AD or management down there needs to get to the bottom of things.

I heard the Dogs have had 2 quit again today....WHERES THE DISCIPLINE???? It starts with the coaches doesnt it? Thats too bad it was gonna be a hard night in Lander Land Friday nite for them anyway...seems to have just gotten harder. Theres gotta be a problem somewhere for so many to quit. Looks like the AD or management down there needs to get to the bottom of things.

Wow and just WOW. Its hard to imagine that many kids quitting.Sounds like monkey see, monkey do to me. Ned is the same feller he was at Cloudland and nothing like this ever happened. Wish him and whats left of the team ,good luck.