Macon @ Smith Co.

geo1126

Macon has the athletes to score some points. Key will be the line. Last year Macon dominated the line on both sides of the ball. You can't compare records because there is no comparrison to TC and Goodpasture to Livingston and Decalb. Jo Byrns and Gordonsville are simular. Macon will least score as many as Dekalb did. I don't see Smith offense as high powered as TC or Goodpasture, so I say 31-28 Macon.

Didn't score as many as DeKalb. I would hate to know how bad it was if those two teams had that much better offenses.

Macons D should fair allot better with Smith county's offense. Everyone they have faced this year has had very fast offences that can score from anywhere on the field. With the exception of Sycamore. No disrespect to Sycamore, I think that's the best team I've ever seen them put on the field. Smith county's D is there strong point. But it won't be strong enough. Macon just has too many weapons. Allots been said about the QB and receiving core, but they have a mixture of running backs that can drive the ball pretty well. some with speed and some with power. I don't see the game being much different from last year. It's always a good one to watch in Macon or Smith county. Great country folk and fantasic atmosphere.

Your thoughts after the fact?

You don't think so snoball? Did you think it was really a 17 point difference?

i think smith almost gave the game away in the second when they felt the need to keep throwing with a 21 point lead. especially when the receivers were having such a hard time with slippery footballs. if smith had ran all night, then yeah, it could have been worse. but, as with most sc football i've seen, they threw when it was pointless.

Edited by snoball5278

I do agree, but that was 3rd and 15+ after two straight bad snaps. If the snap is sure I don't think we ever throw again. That was a 2 TD swing that was terrible and if we're playing anybody good, likely costs us a game. We're marching right down the field up 21-0 and are gonna score again because MC sure ain't gonna stop us. I did think the play-calling was great early and set the tone for the night!

i think smith almost gave the game away in the second when they felt the need to keep throwing with a 21 point lead. especially when the receivers were having such a hard time with slippery footballs. if smith had ran all night, then yeah, it could have been worse. but, as with most sc football i've seen, they threw when it was pointless.

"would have been worse" is what you meant to say. SC was running at will

I do agree, but that was 3rd and 15+ after two straight bad snaps. If the snap is sure I don't think we ever throw again. That was a 2 TD swing that was terrible and if we're playing anybody good, likely costs us a game. We're marching right down the field up 21-0 and are gonna score again because MC sure ain't gonna stop us. I did think the play-calling was great early and set the tone for the night!

the defensive stand on the first drive of the second half is what set the tone for the win. it took smith's offense the entire 3rd quarter to get back on track. the fg before the half may have been the biggest play of the night for sc, it broke macon's short lived momentum.