Blount County Football

countryREB

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey alcoanation, we still on for that coke? If my memory serves me right, I believe you gave me Maryville Middle and 21 points. I am betting on Malone to pull out a victory here, he will have the troops ready to go and may even resort to a little trickeration. Should be a good game.

Now Jake I believe it was 14 points, but I will give you 16. I have no doubts on the outcome of this one. I caught the Fairview vs. Alcoa midget game the other night and man that was unreal how good that Fairview team looked. Running back looked like Bo Jackson, big lineman lead blockin looked like a Willie Gault bulldozier and qb/lb could kill you with his arm throwing it, or light you up at linebacker. Asked around during the game and found out the 6 points they gave up to us was first scored on them all year. That was the best looking midget team I've ever seen. I'm sure thats the best team Fairview has ever had, but has anyone else seen a better midget team ever?

Nation,

You guys are makin a mistake by moving the game to Tuesday. I think the rain tonight would have helped alcoa. The drier conditions should help us. Then again, I know we have some mudders on our team. I look for our coaches to implement some wrinkles during the off week we have had. It's a must win for us. I like our chances.

I have also heard that raider team was good. I don't know about this year's, but I saw last year's team in the championship game. They were loaded. It would be hard for any team to match them talentwise. Their coaches almost allowed them to lose a game that they should have won by 30 - if I remember correctly. Although I have missed some years, the best team I ever saw was a bears team with ryan tallent, ronald osborne, and one of the maples boys. The whole team had great talent and great coaching.

I heard murvil high has a good shot at all 3 of those boys you talked about, but rivals is reporting that wb is making a pitch for playing time. You better keep your alcoa recruiters in check. You know we wouldn't mind turning you guys in too.

Now Jake I believe it was 14 points, but I will give you 16. I have no doubts on the outcome of this one. I caught the Fairview vs. Alcoa midget game the other night and man that was unreal how good that Fairview team looked. Running back looked like Bo Jackson, big lineman lead blockin looked like a Willie Gault bulldozier and qb/lb could kill you with his arm throwing it, or light you up at linebacker. Asked around during the game and found out the 6 points they gave up to us was first scored on them all year. That was the best looking midget team I've ever seen. I'm sure thats the best team Fairview has ever had, but has anyone else seen a better midget team ever?

Ok, I will take 16 points, thought I might sneak one over on you... but I guess you are like stars, you get up too early in the morning for anyone to sneak someone to sneak anything by you.

Work has made it to where I have not been able to watch a whole lot of parks and rec ball this year. I went across the street and watched Maryville play Lanier earlier in the year and I went to WB and watched Fairview play the Maryville Cubs/Bears and those are the only games I have got to see. The Fairview midgets have got a good team, very well coached, but I don't think they can top last years Fairview team.... that team was loaded pretty much top to bottom. I don't know how he has done for the whole year combined, but the RB #28 for Fairview was an absolute beast the night I saw him and #21 had me feeling sorry for the kids he was blocking, if you take those two kids away, everything else looked pretty average... I believe #21 drove himself to the game and he had a nicer goatee than most grown men. If I were you alcoa nation, I would be on those two like stink on a june bug, you can bet ole stars has already offered some very reasonable garbage service to both.

Barring something freak happening, I guess Fairview and Maryville (midgets) will end up in the Super Bowl. I will try to make that one. Don should have something special cooked up to try and spoil the season for Fairview, should be a fun one to watch.

Jake,

AlcoaNation must be one smart cookie. Just heard a couple of studs for alcoa middle wouldn't have been able to play last night due to injuries. They are expecting them back by tuesday. As good as alcoa's field is, I didn't think it made sense for them to have to move the game. The fix is in.

I will be anxious to see who the refs are for the game.

My $.02 worth..

Alcoa is young... May be down a little this year.. Will be much better next year.. Well Coached...

Maryville just reloads.. GQ and staff adjusts to the strengths of the players.. Won't miss a beat as long as GQ and staff are in place..

William Blount has played well and poorly this year.. Sometimes in the same game.. Not a fan of Gregory's system but he has brought a little stability.. I wish he and the Govs the best...

Heritage has struggled for a long time.. Hope they can turn it around..

As for the peewee situation.. I agree with GovMan.. Can't see him pulling anything bush league.. The bottom line is when the ball is marked for play and the whistle blows.... The defense had better be ready to play! The blame may lay with the opposing coach.....

tpoole12

Look at the sidelines and the faces of some of these new young coaches, they are previous students of GQ & CO. When the day comes for these guys to go and enjoy life they will leave it better than they found it, in perpetuity.

I believe right now, with Alcoa being hampered by key injuries, that the importance of coaching comes into the spotlight. It's one reason that I've always been impressed by Maryville's coaching staff ... throughout many of their state championship years I recall them losing key players to injuries but continuing to win. Having said that, I believe Alcoa will be fine and I don't see anyone dethroning them.

Concerning the "pee-wee" football comment ... don't even know the situation, but I know the Maryville pee-wee coach. Having said that, I bet there's more to that story than you "heard." He'll coach those kids up and have them ready but he's not going to do anything bush-league like you are describing, I don't believe.

He'll probably read this ... I bet he can give an honest and truthful explanation of the play in question.

Have not heard anything else about the situation at WB.

Agreed. The play was legal and those coaches had been warned about that particular delaying action on several occasions. If it had been intentional the play would have been ran to the opposite side of the field away from the opposing teams bench. REALLY?

Edited by GREYRIDER

The Daily Times should hire Stefan Cooper. Cooper is by far the best writer in Blount County. I wil miss the Blount Today. It covered High School,Middle School and other youth league sports way better than the Daily Times did.

Big game this coming tuesday between Alcoa Middle and Maryville Middle.

The Daily Times should hire Stefan Cooper. Cooper is by far the best writer in Blount County. I wil miss the Blount Today. It covered High School,Middle School and other youth league sports way better than the Daily Times did.

Big game this coming tuesday between Alcoa Middle and Maryville Middle.

The Daily Times doesn't deserve Stefan Cooper. I'd like to see the KNS pick him up.