Single A Baseball

FlyingEagle86

The kids of the same talent level will have their talent elevated when they are being coached well. Not saying that this is not taking place at the other schools, but I know how the FC kids are being coached. Also, I know that Coach Hunt at Cumberland comes calling to Coach McNeal every year wanting to know what he has. The kids at FC have every opportunity the other AAA kids have.

To add to this, kids that have talent and play at a Single A school will see the field quicker and gain more ground thant a good player at a AAA school sitting on the bench for 2 years because of the depth of talented players. In my opinion this gives that player an advantage of getting to play at some level in college. 1A and 2A schools that play at a consistently high level get college and some pro attention. If you're good enough scouts will find you. Getting on the field is key to improving your odds along with good coaching.

You my brother speak the truth. Not to mention, the last time I checked a public rural school has won the last 3 state titles (Riverside back to back and Summertown). There are plenty of great programs around this state in small towns, but many of the AAA school supporters don't pay much attention and automatically believe that they play better ball. Look at Vandy the last several years (Mike Minor from Forrest, Drew Hayes from McKenzie, soon to be Stephen Gant from Riverside). Lots of good ball being played at the A ranks despite what some might think.

Amen brother, Amen.

• 2 weeks later...

Riverside is the clear favorite to win the state championship in 2012. I don't know that they'll be as good as they were last year (losing entire starting outfield, starting 2b, and 1b who happens to be starting some games at bethel as a freshman will do that to you) but Riverside has truly reloaded. Give me Riverside or the field and I take Riverside.  They're that big of a favorite in my mind. Here's why.

1.pitching- Steven Gant-enough said

Ryne Fisher- lost one game two yrs

Nolan Smith- undefeated (I think) myb one loss tho hasn't faced same competition as the other too. 

Jordan Goff- freshman lefty. You'll hear about him

Hitting- 

Gant- hit over .400 with a school record 18 hr last year. 

Clint fisher- hit .350 with several home runs as freshman

Whitwell- soph catcher who hit several homeruns as fresh

Etc.

Sidenote: in three scrimmages in the past two weeks they've hit 18 homeruns. Played two AAA teams and Huntingdon. 

Now baseball is a game where on any given day, a team can lay an egg. But given riverside or the field, better put your money on the panthers.

Riverside is the clear favorite to win the state championship in 2012. I don't know that they'll be as good as they were last year (losing entire starting outfield, starting 2b, and 1b who happens to be starting some games at bethel as a freshman will do that to you) but Riverside has truly reloaded. Give me Riverside or the field and I take Riverside.  They're that big of a favorite in my mind. Here's why.

Nolan Smith- undefeated (I think) myb one loss tho hasn't faced same competition as the other too. 

Hitting- 

Etc.

Sidenote: in three scrimmages in the past two weeks they've hit 18 homeruns. Played two AAA teams and Huntingdon. 

Now baseball is a game where on any given day, a team can lay an egg. But given riverside or the field, better put your money on the panthers.

Well said and I couldn't agree more

Edited by crazy_cowboy89

Hitting- 

Etc.

I know baseball season is a while away,but from who each team has returning who will be playing for the state championship? My picks are Eagleville vs. Riverside... Thoughts?

I don't see Eagleville going to state. I'd look for White House Heritage or Clarksville Academy getting really close this year. Heritage is looking really strong so far.

I don't know about WHH going to state, I seen them play the Eagleville JV team at MTCS on Sat 3/10. I can't speak for CA, I haven't seen them play.

It was a free subsitition game where WHH pitched JV pitchers. Would be a good game if both played their top. I believe MTCS was starting mostly non-JV players as well.

I don't see Eagleville going to state. I'd look for White House Heritage or Clarksville Academy getting really close this year. Heritage is looking really strong so far.

Do you know much about Eagleville? They have a senior heavy team with great pitching and solid hitting through the entire lineup. They started all jv players against WH Heritage.