Ezell Harding, why do that?

itzme

Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by robjim:
Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by robjim:

I don't know the situation in East TN., but that does not change my opinion of how a "champion" acts. The thread is about Ezell and how they performed on this past Friday night.

Id say they performed pretty well.

Oh yes they did, it was an outstanding victory and one I'm sure you are proud of.

Noone said we where proud of it. you guys have started a thread degrading what they do and have brought up things from recruiting to whether it was the Christian thing todo. Comeon man we knew we could win and we could name the score Guess what we named 71-7. Which last year in the Championship game we scored a total of one less touchdown and i didnt see anyone cryin about that because they felt Cloudland could defend thereselves. If you cant defend yourself why even show up. You werent even at the game and you definatley dont know Ezell. Grow up .

They should have called and forfeited, but guess what ny Monday those kids wont remeber a thing i really doubt they are scared for life they havent won a game in 4 years.

[Edited by Chakra20 on 10-13-02 1:20A]

1. I'm 51 and have been following region 5 since 1993, I know Ezell.

2. Glad to see that you admit that you're not proud of what happen on Friday night. That was the beginning thread.

3. I have not discussed recruiting or " the Christian thing".

3. Cloudland earned the right to be in the finals and Ezell earned the right to post "name" whatever score they could.

4. All I have to do is read the box score, I don't have to be at the game to know what went on.

5. Lighthouse has earned the right to show up! How dare you say that they have not.

6. Lighthouse has my respect.

7. Ezell does not.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by VolunteerGeneral:

robjim...this thread isn`t about how old you are. It`s about Ezell. But since your changing the subject, what are your thoughts on Cloudland`s route of Jellico?

http://www.coacht.com/boards/thread.cfm?TID=21154

[Edited by VolunteerGeneral on 10-13-02 1:55A]

I have read the other posts on this thread. Here's my take on this.

1. The reason everyone is on Ezell is because of the game

last year against Loretto. They ran up the score trying

to set a record. That was a mistake your coach will never

live down.

2. Ezell should be in division II along with the other good

private schools so they will be challenged every week.

3. Don't ever sling mud on another team, because if you do,

you will get mud on yourself. Two wrongs don't make a

right. It doesn't matter whom else ran up the score on

somebody.

4. I don't buy this having to throw because it is their

offense. How much preparation does it take to run a one

back set and handoff to the back straight up the middle.

That is just an excuse to run the score up by throwing

the ball the whole game. They only ran 17 times. Give

me a break.

5. If you're going to run it up on people, don't make

excuses. Just say you did and leave it at that.

[Edited by Antwan on 10-13-02 12:32P]

Posted by cuda44069:

HEY VOLUNTEER GENERAL,Dont drag cloudland into this we didnt start this thread

Cuda....Cloudland drug themselves in by throwing up 62 first half points (42 in the first quarter). I`ve said that neither team did anything bad, but if people want to plug away at Ezell, then Cloudland deserves to be examined as well.

Posted by VolunteerGeneral:
Posted by cuda44069:

HEY VOLUNTEER GENERAL,Dont drag cloudland into this we didnt start this thread

Cuda....Cloudland drug themselves in by throwing up 62 first half points (42 in the first quarter). I`ve said that neither team did anything bad, but if people want to plug away at Ezell, then Cloudland deserves to be examined as well.

If this had been two weak teams playing each other, no one would have cared about the score except the two teams. For instance, if RBS had beat Lighthouse by 70 points, only a few curious people would read the thread, just to see what happened... but since it is Ezell-Harding, we are all interested. I feel real bad for Coach Covington and the boys at Lighthouse. I don't think it is a matter of working harder as some might think, it is a matter of better athletes and numbers. With higher numbers, you have a better chance of finding more athletes and with higher numbers you have more depth. (I have posted a new thread on the public/private discussion board that I think everyone will agree with http://www.coacht.com/boards/thread.cfm?TID=21766). I know Coach Smith wishes he didn't have to play Lighthouse in his region.

Good luck to both teams.

[Edited by ELA on 10-13-02 9:56A]

I would draw one up on the sideline and have those kids run it, throw in a sneak, ----then punt on 3rd down. There is NO excuse, No justification, NO rationalization for scoring like this on a team. How could anyone honestly, with a straight face claim that "it could not be avoided"?

The 2nd and 3rd teamers will have their chance next year. They do not need to throw in the the 3rd and 4th. Let the B-team throw against the varsity in practice if they want to get better.

"Records" for yardage and the like mean nothing in a game like this. Who are you fooling?

I really wonder how the E-H coach could shake hands and look the other coach in the eye---and why the LC would even subject himself to a handshake--- after this sort of teaching moment?

Christian, Hindu, Jew, Muslim --- religion makes no difference here. It is plainly the worst kind of lesson in sportsmanship a high school coach could ever teach his players.

Volunteer gen. I hope you noticed that cloudland took their 1st string out after the half with the exception of a few linemen and special teams,they were not trying to run up the score on jellico,it could have been alot worse if coach lunceford had left them in.After all they have to get their starters some playing time otherwise they will be out of shape come playoff time,I dont think you will ever see cloudland run the score up on anyone intentionally

Guest strickland

robjim, antwan, & biggestelk, I applaud your post and give each of you a good mark and if I could give a great mark I would give it to biggestelk.

No matter what you say on here about running up the score you will never get the team that did it to admitt to it and just say it was uncalled for (losing battle).

Yes I admit keeping your starters in the game until the 3rd or the start of the 4th quarter is not that bad especially if you have a big opponent coming up. But to keep throwing the ball and not running the clock as much as possible is uncalled for.

WHERE WERE ALL YOU GUYS WHEN PUBLIC SCHOOLS RUN UP THE SCORE. Its not about the _____ score its about a private school doing anything and dont give me any of your crap because you know its true.

Its sounds like to me that a few you guys need to get out of the dark ages or the political correctness you live in. The way the coaches look at is that all these kids have earned the right to play hard and use the plays the actaully practice in a game. If you doen like it i dont think anyone really cares on Ezell's team.

AND btw

4. All I have to do is read the box score, I don't have to be at the game to know what went on.

Thats all i really need to say becuase if you think you know what goes on according to a box score gg to you.

[Edited by Chakra20 on 10-13-02 1:09P]

Other schools/coaches that run up the score should be criticized too.

BUT....

These were TWO private schools involved! You're an idiot if you think this is about private schools. If we were so against private schools then we would be saying "glad a private school got the snot beat out of them". But that is NOT what our complaints are about! We see unsportsmanlike play and we are calling Ezell-Harding out on it. You absolutely have no argument, no excuse for that display, TWO years in a row I might add! Is that why they are still throwing the ball that late in the game? So they get the practice, so they can run up the score again next year?

I would love, just love for one of EH's coaches to get on here and try to justify what happened.

EZELL-HARDING taints the word "Champion"! :(