SCIENCE HILL @ BOONE

FUB

I expect the Toppers to do similar damage to Boone as they did to South. I can't stress enough for The Hill to keep the yellow flags/personal fouls in check. It cost them 120 yds against South. But SH still rolled up 622 yds of offense.

...will probably be a similar game Hill, with the Toppers prevailing but a closer final score for several reasons IMO. Boone's defense is better than South's. The Rebels do not have D-linemen that can pressure the QB and are challenged to send LBs who can do so. The Blazers are better equipped to do so and also tougher against the run.

Additionally, South was crippled offensively when # 10 went out. The other QBs were very limited in what they were prepared to do in that game and what there skill sets enabled them to do. Boone may not be any more proficient on offense than a hamstrung Rebel unit was, but they will run and run and run and the clock will tick, tick, tick shortening the game. So if you are expecting another blow out score I'd lower my expectations. This one could get tight if your boys are sloppy and not sharp in the passing game. That is where the hay can be made.

You had two weeks to get ready for South and that made a big difference. A normal scout on Boone will also even things up some. Good luck and good health to all. This could be a good one. thumb[1].gif

...will probably be a similar game Hill, with the Toppers prevailing but a closer final score for several reasons IMO. Boone's defense is better than South's. The Rebels do not have D-linemen that can pressure the QB and are challenged to send LBs who can do so. The Blazers are better equipped to do so and also tougher against the run.

Additionally, South was crippled offensively when # 10 went out. The other QBs were very limited in what they were prepared to do in that game and what there skill sets enabled them to do. Boone may not be any more proficient on offense than a hamstrung Rebel unit was, but they will run and run and run and the clock will tick, tick, tick shortening the game. So if you are expecting another blow out score I'd lower my expectations. This one could get tight if your boys are sloppy and not sharp in the passing game. That is where the hay can be made.

You had two weeks to get ready for South and that made a big difference. A normal scout on Boone will also even things up some. Good luck and good health to all. This could be a good one. thumb[1].gif

I would say you are right, crawdad ;)

I'm hearing that the Toppers are getting better and better. And DB may need to watch out next year. New kid on the block.

DB may not have to wait until next year. Outcome will be the same, but I think it could be less one sided than that butt-whoopin' last year. As far as Boone goes, I hope their defense is in good condition. I'd estimate SH runs an average of 70 plays a game with a season high of something like 90-95 at Mo'west (Best defense this side of Knoxville in my opinion). From the stands it looks like the only thing that slows their pace are the old fat refs haha. As far as South not having #10, its not like south was humming on offense with him. South's offense didn't score any points the entire game with their only tds being a beautiful pick 6 and a KO return. I'd spot them another td at the end if they still had him, but that looked like JV time for the hill.

On top of that hill of beans is the fact that Boone has the second worst offense in the Big 8. Central has a healthy lead on them in that category (33 total points this season, ouch).

DB may not have to wait until next year. Outcome will be the same, but I think it could be less one sided than that butt-whoopin' last year. As far as Boone goes, I hope their defense is in good condition. I'd estimate SH runs an average of 70 plays a game with a season high of something like 90-95 at Mo'west (Best defense this side of Knoxville in my opinion). From the stands it looks like the only thing that slows their pace are the old fat refs haha. As far as South not having #10, its not like south was humming on offense with him. South's offense didn't score any points the entire game with their only tds being a beautiful pick 6 and a KO return. I'd spot them another td at the end if they still had him, but that looked like JV time for the hill.

On top of that hill of beans is the fact that Boone has the second worst offense in the Big 8. Central has a healthy lead on them in that category (33 total points this season, ouch).

Hey Q, nice try. #10 only played the 1st qtr. 8 carries 50 yds. Offense was good enough to win at that point. . Oh yea SH had 2 punts and gave up a pick 6 at that point. They weren't exactly humming either were they? #10 was also our starting OLB and our player of the game the last two weeks. A school of 1000 does not have the players to plug in that one of 2200 has.Injuries are part of the game and you have to play with what you have. I've given you credit for having the better team. Don't cheapen your victory by beating your chest and Tarzan yelling. South had little chance to score points after #10 left the game. That was the whole point of my comment.

And you are correct. Fast tempo is a very important component of the Topper attack. Coach Carter seems to have been impressed with Coach Kelley's work at Oregon.

Hey Q, nice try. #10 only played the 1st qtr. 8 carries 50 yds. Offense was good enough to win at that point. . Oh yea SH had 2 punts and gave up a pick 6 at that point. They weren't exactly humming either were they? #10 was also our starting OLB and our player of the game the last two weeks. A school of 1000 does not have the players to plug in that one of 2200 has.Injuries are part of the game and you have to play with what you have. I've given you credit for having the better team. Don't cheapen your victory by beating your chest and Tarzan yelling. South had little chance to score points after #10 left the game. That was the whole point of my comment.

And you are correct. Fast tempo is a very important component of the Topper attack. Coach Carter seems to have been impressed with Coach Kelley's work at Oregon.

Haha calm down a bit. Not my victory, I was just an impartial viewer of the game. I did hate to see the young man go down as he's an outstanding player. And no need to play the small school card, quantity helps but quality wins you games as last year's game showed between the two schools. In my opinion South is hands down the best 5A school in the Big 8 this year.

Battle for WASHINGTON COUNTY

I'd say you are right, it's the County vs City, and last year Boone embarrassed a SH team by shutting them down on defense and running it up the gut with 7 linemen on offense.

Looks on the surface that SH has their cannon ready and my Boone boys are still trying to find the flint. I think this could be a great game, South had their wheels come off but fought a good game until...well the wheels came off. Just gotta put together 4 solid quarters. Big rivalry, SH and DB need this game for playoff contention.

I'm hearing that the Toppers are getting better and better. And DB may need to watch out next year. New kid on the block.

With Science Hills passing game,this will be a very good matchup in 2011.DB will have to get pressure on SH's QB or it could be a bad night for the Tribe.I've been saying we better work hard for a long time,because Science Hill has to many athlete's to suck at any sport and their day is here.As for this thread and the Boone matchup,payback might be a little rough this year in washington county.SH 43-6

• Upvote 1