5-A playoffs (may get very interesting)

GWAVE1

This situation could arise in triplicate in projected Quad 4. Henry County (by beating Dickson County this week),Dyer County (by beating Brighton on Oct.28), and Ridgeway(by beating Germantown and Collierville ) would all be district champions. Memphis East could further muddy the water by beating Whitehaven, though I consider this less likely than the former. I would think,Crawdad, and hope that Henry would grab the number one seed!~

GO BIG RED

Leave it to the 'Devil to "muddy the creek"! However..what you speak is true I believe! Here's what the "handbook" says;

Priority for seeding once the teams have been placed in their geographic quadrants shall be as follows:

1. Teams finishing 1st in their district will receive first priority.

2. Teams finishing 2nd in their district will receive second priority.

3. Teams who do not finish 1st or 2nd in their district and qualify based on their position in the football play-off standings shall receive last priority.

Not that my opinion stands for anything..however..."i believe" that this simply means that in the above instance that Henry County, Dyer County and Ridgeway ALL win their respective districts...Then these three will be the Top 3 seeds in Quad 4 using the "tie breaker" format to determine the actual top 3 seeds...followed by the second place finishers...then is it possible for a "2nd place" finisher in the district to travel for an opening round game..even though they are an automatic qualifier? I believe so...the term "second priority" doesn't indicate "home field" or "host team".

Edited by QBClubPrez

:roflol: Quad 4 would really be a mess with the seeding if all the teams projected hold true. The districts winners would get seeded according to their placing in the playoff standings. (Or matrix as the TSSAA is calling it.) I think I stated that as clearly as possible. The wording in those last couple of posts almost got me confused when I already knew the answer to what yall were talking about. :roflol:

:roflol: Quad 4 would really be a mess with the seeding if all the teams projected hold true. The districts winners would get seeded according to their placing in the playoff standings. (Or matrix as the TSSAA is calling it.) I think I stated that as clearly as possible. The wording in those last couple of posts almost got me confused when I already knew the answer to what yall were talking about. :roflol:

Why would it "be a mess" as you say? It seems pretty clear reading from the TSSAA Handbook. Other than there are 3 District champions....what makes this a mess? Are you implying that the degree of difficulty has increased..thus making it a tougher Quad?

Why would it "be a mess" as you say? It seems pretty clear reading from the TSSAA Handbook. Other than there are 3 District champions....what makes this a mess? Are you implying that the degree of difficulty has increased..thus making it a tougher Quad?

Yes, it is clear for me and apparently you too, but obviously others have questions, hence the previous posts. I was trying to give a more clear, less wordy explanation. I have no problem seeding them. No need to throw the "this is easy" card at me.

Yes, it is clear for me and apparently you too, but obviously others have questions, hence the previous posts. I was trying to give a more clear, less wordy explanation. I have no problem seeding them. No need to throw the "this is easy" card at me.

Didn't mean to suggest that...some believe that district champs will get #1 or #2 seeds...and the handbook doesn't speak to that. As I posted earlier..."1st priority" or "2nd priority" doesn't mean #1 or #2 seed. The real mess to me seems to be Quad 3 IF Antioch wins their district.

I like Station Camp's chances to play in week 11 if they win out! SC beat Kenwood 35-7 in a preseason scrimmage and SC had guys starting then that don't even see the field now. Just because SC gets to 5 wins doesn't promise them anything but I think their strength of schedule will help. They will have played nine AAA teams and one AA team, White House, which will be a playoff team. SC is better than Munford, Kenwood, Anderson County, and Daniel Boone. Seriously, Antioch has a chance to win their district and SC mopped these guys up. If the Bison get to 5 wins and don't make the playoffs, something is wrong. Good luck to all. Go Bison. One Team One Dream!!

Bartlett has to win BHSGRAD04. I cannot imagine a perfect storm scenario that gets them in at 4-6. That is a big game for the program . At least it is home field advantage correct? Does Bartlett have their own stadium at the school?

------------------------------------------

Bartlett does have their own field ..Craigmont does not, they play home games at Raleigh -Egypt..

on another note ;quad 4 is a mystery till all games have been played

Didn't mean to suggest that...some believe that district champs will get #1 or #2 seeds...and the handbook doesn't speak to that. As I posted earlier..."1st priority" or "2nd priority" doesn't mean #1 or #2 seed. The real mess to me seems to be Quad 3 IF Antioch wins their district.

Whatever the handbook says, if you watch the "seeding the teams in quadrants" video on the T$$AA website, it makes it very clear that district winners and runner-ups will be seeded higher than the other teams in the quads. Antioch has already clinched its district championship, so it will be seeded higher than all the other teams who didn't win their district. The only way Gallatin wins their district is if they win out and Mt. Juliet loses out. The 1st is a definite possibility, but the 2nd definitely won't happen. Unless Columbia gets bumped back over to Quad 3, Antioch will be the #1 seed in the quad. Like it or not, you can blame the Brentwood-Franklin situation from last year that caused this new wrinkle to be put in this year.

Whatever the handbook says, if you watch the "seeding the teams in quadrants" video on the T$$AA website, it makes it very clear that district winners and runner-ups will be seeded higher than the other teams in the quads. Antioch has already clinched its district championship, so it will be seeded higher than all the other teams who didn't win their district. The only way Gallatin wins their district is if they win out and Mt. Juliet loses out. The 1st is a definite possibility, but the 2nd definitely won't happen. Unless Columbia gets bumped back over to Quad 3, Antioch will be the #1 seed in the quad. Like it or not, you can blame the Brentwood-Franklin situation from last year that caused this new wrinkle to be put in this year.

I agree GREENWAVE84....that's what many of us have said on this thread for the last couple days. Furthermore..it's very possible that a district runner-up will travel in the opening round.

Survivor/elimination Friday in the 5A playoff chase in week 9. The big games on tap featuring teams in control of their own destiny with reasonable odds of winning would be:

1)White Co. (3-5) @ York Institute (2-6)

2) Station Camp (3-5) @ Wilson Central (2-6)

3) Frayser (3-5) @ Munford (3-5)

4) Hardin Valley (5-3) @ Anderson Co. (3-5)

5) Kenwood (3-5) @ Clarksville NE (4-4)

Please, fans of these teams or of teams who play in their conferences, post your comments and predictions on any or all of the important 5A games for the playoffs.

Edited by crawdad

Survivor/elimination Friday in the 5A playoff chase in week 9. The big games on tap featuring teams in control of their own destiny with reasonable odds of winning would be:

1)White Co. (3-5) @ York Institute (2-6)

2) Station Camp (3-5) @ Wilson Central (2-6)

3) Frayser (3-5) @ Munford (3-5)

4) Hardin Valley (5-3) @ Anderson Co. (3-5)

5) Kenwood (3-5) @ Clarksville NE (4-4)

Please, fans of these teams or of teams who play in their conferences, post your comments and predictions on any or all of the important 5A games for the playoffs.

White County wins over York Institute

Station Camp wins over Wilson Central

Hardin Valley wins over Anderson County (Anderson County will be out of the hunt)

Kenwood and Clarksville Northeast is a toss up. Northeast won their first 4 games but have lost their last 4 games. They've lost 1 point heartbreakers and they've been blown out. Kenwood has played some very good teams close such as Dickson County and Springfield...however..I'm gonna go with the Eagles of Northeast in this one!