5-A playoffs (may get very interesting)

GWAVE1

This is a great post with some very interesting information! I wish Henry County had more 6A schools within 100 miles of campus..(that also would travel well) that would be a good match up for the Patriots. HC has no desire to schedule Whitehaven, White Station, or Memphis Central...due to their inability to travel with an acceptable number of fans to our stadium. Unless..they'd agree to come to Paris two years in a row for a "pay of play" scenerio.

Henry County has played Germantown over the years...howbeit normally in the postseason. I believe most of their glory years are behind them due to the increased number of public schools in that area and the popularity of some of the private schools nearby such as St. George's, ECS, Briarcrest Christian, etc.

The Patriots have never played Collierville nor Arlington...I guess they both are viable candidates for games in the future! I know Coach Wiley at Arlington has a great team this year!...that might be a great opportunity for a home & home match up next go around!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QbPrez ,IMO, should HC schedule ANY team from Shelby County it Will be a 'pay for play' game,IF you expect/want them to travel well..if you've ever seen games from Mempho you will notice they dont support their home teams at home, unless they are winning that seaon and most fans are not home boosters )rather entire area fans)...you certainly Dont wont to play any games in Memphis..its a jungle there ..hate to say it but Memhpse young men /ladies dont have any support whatsoever and thats very very sad..should Hamilton qualify ,which I think they will you'll see 1st hand..Big Red Nation will be there alone except for Hamilton team,coaches .

Edited by DHSFB64

That was exactly what what I was looking for. I really thought there was more running smashmouth style up there but I guess I was wrong.

That is Boone's signature, but very little lead blocking from any other team in the conference. D-B, SH and Tn Hi have lots of skill athletes every year. They all want to play a wide open style. The others with the exception of South try to control the clock and manage the game by running it, but not effective enough to be given the moniker smashmouth, except Boone perhaps.

Mo East and West are out of conference for me. I have seen film clips but do not remember what their base is.

Hope that's what you are asking for.

West is an I-Formation/2TE power running offense. They run the ball and draw 8/9 in the box and then go play action and drop it to the athletes on the edge in space.

East runs the Wing T and will drop into the spread in passing situations.

QbPrez ,IMO, should HC schedule ANY team from Shelby County it Will be a 'pay for play' game,IF you expect/want them to travel well..if you've ever seen games from Mempho you will notice they dont support their home teams at home, unless they are winning that seaon and most fans are not home boosters )rather entire area fans)...you certainly Dont wont to play any games in Memphis..its a jungle there ..hate to say it but Memhpse young men /ladies dont have any support whatsoever and thats very very sad..should Hamilton qualify ,which I think they will you'll see 1st hand..Big Red Nation will be there alone except for Hamilton team,coaches .

I don't 100% agree...there are exceptions...Melrose, Fairley, and Ridgeway are those exceptions WHEN their teams are playing well! Some of our best crowds ever were HC/Melrose games both in Paris and in Memphis! I would have no hesitation whatsoever about going to play at Orange Mound..home of the Melrose Golden Wildcats...it's one of the best atmospheres I've ever seen....when they are competitive!

Can Kenwood beat Clarksville or NE in the next 2 weeks? If so, I project them to be the last in, beating out Lenoir City, Cocke Co., Bartlett, Anderson Co. and Boone at 4-6 with the tiebreaker: most wins by opponents. If Kenwood comes up short, Boone would be last in by virtue of 7 opponents with records of 50% or better.

Can Kenwood beat Clarksville or NE in the next 2 weeks? If so, I project them to be the last in, beating out Lenoir City, Cocke Co., Bartlett, Anderson Co. and Boone at 4-6 with the tiebreaker: most wins by opponents. If Kenwood comes up short, Boone would be last in by virtue of 7 opponents with records of 50% or better.

Possibly...but I wouldn't count on it.

I don't see Kenwood beating either one of those games. It would be classified as an upset if they win either one.

I would much rather play a Antioch or Beech/Hendersonville in week 11 but it may come down to us having to win at Gallatin. If Sc doesn't fumble right before the half and it's 7-7, what do you think the outcome would be. Not saying that the Bison would win but I think that was a major play in the game.

Let me tell you football2011, the outcome would have been exactly the same. Admittedly the Gallatin players said that they played an awful first half before turning it on in the second. Now playoffs are a different animal, and a lot of underdogs do pull out the win but I don't think that Station Camp could do that to Gallatin at this time. The play of the game to me was Station Camp getting a great return by busted coverage from the Wave on a kickoff. Without that, the Bison probably get shutout. Johnson got ran down from behind on that long pass play by Banks. How many times has that happened to them this season? Not many I bet. Granted Nelson was a load to stop but the Bison would have to pull the biggest upset of the playoffs to beat Gallatin. I don't mean to make you upset just one guys opinion.

Doubt that happens.

I don't 100% agree...there are exceptions...Melrose, Fairley, and Ridgeway are those exceptions WHEN their teams are playing well! Some of our best crowds ever were HC/Melrose games both in Paris and in Memphis! I would have no hesitation whatsoever about going to play at Orange Mound..home of the Melrose Golden Wildcats...it's one of the best atmospheres I've ever seen....when they are competitive!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As stated WHEN they are Competitive ..Melrose always traveled well in their 'heydays' = expecting to win with T. Thompson ravishing Memphis for best available talent; old Miami U Swagger and has possibly the only turf field of all Memphis inner city schools..all others except White Station / Whitehaven..and Central BTW share old Crump Stadium others share 5 public fields thru out the

city ( Which ws my Point)..the county schools 5A 6A have their own except Craigmont who play home games at Raleigh-Egypt

None will draw a crowd Away except a few 6A schools

Edited by DHSFB64

Expect that Powell will get the overall #1 position this week by virtue of their 9-0 record. If we take care of business and finish 10-0 we should get it since we hold the tie-breakers. Also look for Ridgeway to get the #2 seed in quad 4 after winning out and finishing first in their district!

GO BIG RED