5-A playoffs (may get very interesting)

GWAVE1

OK, its getting a little redundant about the Antioch situation. In more ways than one, they are darned if they do, and darned if they don't. It's not their fault they play in a weak district, yet give them credit for running the table and winning the district as one of two 5A teams in the district. If you notice most of their losses were early in the season. Offense wasn't clicking at all. Now you have a team that believes they can beat anyone on any given night. To be honest, some of these early season teams, i.e.-Station Camp, Centennial, would probably not want to see them right now. No disrespect to the Gallatin fans, but you all have been complaining since the Wave was in the old region 4-5A with the metro schools. Could they make a small run, yes, just have to wait and see if things work out.

After week 10 prediction

quad 1

1 powell

2 morristown west

3 south doyle

4 cherokee

5 south

6 tennessee

7 morristown east

8 boone

boone at powell

south at cherokee

tennessee at south-doyle

east at west

quad 2

1 columbia

2 tullahoma

3 knox west

4 shelbyville

5 ooltewah

6 cleveland

7 centennial

8 white co

white co at columbia

ooltewah at shelbyville

cleveland at knox west

centennial at tullahoma

quad 3

1 anticoh

2 gallatin

3 hendersonville

4 beech

5 springfield

6 clarksville

7 glencliff

8 station camp

station camp at anticoh

springfield at beech

glencleff at gallatin

clarksville at hendersonville

quad 4

1 henry co

2 ridgeway

3 east

4 dyer co

5 hamilton

6 northeast

7 craigmont

8 munford

munford at henry co

hamilton at dyer co

northeast at east

craigmont at ridgeway

last 4 out

lenior city

cocke co

anderson co

bartlett

changes

Edited by mjuhb

OK, its getting a little redundant about the Antioch situation. In more ways than one, they are darned if they do, and darned if they don't. It's not their fault they play in a weak district, yet give them credit for running the table and winning the district as one of two 5A teams in the district. If you notice most of their losses were early in the season. Offense wasn't clicking at all. Now you have a team that believes they can beat anyone on any given night. To be honest, some of these early season teams, i.e.-Station Camp, Centennial, would probably not want to see them right now. No disrespect to the Gallatin fans, but you all have been complaining since the Wave was in the old region 4-5A with the metro schools. Could they make a small run, yes, just have to wait and see if things work out.

Nobody is complaining nununu. Gallatin didn't win their district and will not get the 1st slot in the quad. Antioch does play in a weak district but they did beat a one loss Overton team to win it. I was at that game and they out played Overton in the 2nd half. The Antioch QB is very shifty and Overton had a hard time with him running the sweep. Overton also fumbled in the endzone which helped the Bears alot. Antioch might be playing better but I feel that they are one and done. Station Camp or Centennial either would more than likely win a rematch.

The Bison would much rather see Antioch than any other team predicted to be in Quad 3. We've already taken care of them this year and I am sure that SC would love to do it again. Sure, I am sure that Antioch has gotten better since the first match-up but I would like the Bison in the first round. If the Bison take care of the Wildcats and Panthers, who knows what can happen??

Survivor/elimination Friday in the 5A playoff chase in week 9. The big games on tap featuring teams in control of their own destiny with reasonable odds of winning would be:

1)White Co. (3-5) @ York Institute (2-6)

2) Station Camp (3-5) @ Wilson Central (2-6)

3) Frayser (3-5) @ Munford (3-5)

4) Hardin Valley (5-3) @ Anderson Co. (3-5)

5) Kenwood (3-5) @ Clarksville NE (4-4)

Please, fans of these teams or of teams who play in their conferences, post your comments and predictions on any or all of the important 5A games for the playoffs.

This is a great "who to watch" list this week. Need to add Hamilton/Westwood as well.

This is a great "who to watch" list this week. Need to add Hamilton/Westwood as well.

That's a good point GWAVE1. We should never assume a game is won before played, but I actually felt last weeks game against Memphis Central was the one Hamilton needed to get. Carrying that further, I figured this week's game against Westwood was probably the underdog role and a win would be a bonus to the resume. I am "assuming " next weeks game against a very weak Melrose team to be win #5 and thus the reason for leaving them off this list.

Survivor/elimination Friday in the 5A playoff chase in week 9. The big games on tap featuring teams in control of their own destiny with reasonable odds of winning would be:

1)White Co. (3-5) @ York Institute (2-6)

2) Station Camp (3-5) @ Wilson Central (2-6)

3) Frayser (3-5) @ Munford (3-5)

4) Hardin Valley (5-3) @ Anderson Co. (3-5)

5) Kenwood (3-5) @ Clarksville NE (4-4)

Please, fans of these teams or of teams who play in their conferences, post your comments and predictions on any or all of the important 5A games for the playoffs.

I believe Munford wins over Frayser// if not Hamilton best bet to get in to play HC ..either team loses to HC big round 1

games already called

morristown west over cocke

cherkee over seymour

powell over central

maryville over blount

riverdale over cookeville

tullahoma over warren co

white co over york

beech over lebanon

gallatin over portland

clarksville over rossview

shelbyville over centennial