5-A playoffs (may get very interesting)

GWAVE1

DHSFB - Have you ever been to Orange Mound? Not many rougher areas around Memphis than Orange Mound. If QB will go there, I'm pretty sure he'll go just about anywhere else. And all this about not stopping at stop signs is going a little overboard. I stop at stop signs everyday. I don't see the TSSAA not allowing any Memphis area teams to host a playoff game if they have earned it. Let's get back to talking about football.....

Not bashing at all,however ( your lumping )it is prevalant city-wide in Memphis ..I never said or quoted that shots were fired inside stadium .. I feel badly for the Memphis kids / fans who give their best working towards building a future life thats basically out of their reach .

I only know my experiences of teams Ive supported in years past were not very comfortable at bb or football games to say the least..having security /police tell you to All go in together ..stay on your side of field / stadium dont go to concession stands,restrooms,having to go thru metal detectors at bb games ..on leaving police telling you dont stop at stop lights pass thru them unless traffic is coming; dont stop at stop signs ..you know exactly what Im saying as you stated above with your knuckleheads statement will make a point of being nearby..yes the wanna-bees are everywhere as Ive stated ,but more so in Memphis with the larger population ..also with most schools not having their own field ,they too must play at most available nearby site

You may be interested in another thread on this subject here but I know your only picking straws !

..//

QBPrez is welcome to go anytime he pleases but only has experienced Orange Mound ..he'd know more about what Im saying if he had to go elsewhere,however he did say ..most anywhere

You are bashing. I have read numerous posts about how you feel Memphis is and that the TSSAA should not allow games to be played in Memphis. Saying that playoff games should not be allowed to be played in a city (which seems to lump everyone together by you.....not me) is not how you normally talk about an area unless you are being critical. We are talking about 6-7 public school playoff games being played in Memphis. You don't think that the security provided by the Memphis Police Department will be able to have the available manpower with only 6-7 locations to cover? In the words of Cris Carter - C'mon man!

And as someone stated already - Orange Mound is not a very good part of town. If QBPrez says he will go there, he will likely go anywhere else in the city.

DHSFB - Have you ever been to Orange Mound? Not many rougher areas around Memphis than Orange Mound. If QB will go there, I'm pretty sure he'll go just about anywhere else. And all this about not stopping at stop signs is going a little overboard. I stop at stop signs everyday. I don't see the TSSAA not allowing any Memphis area teams to host a playoff game if they have earned it. Let's get back to talking about football.....

For the record...the Prez has been to games at the Fairgrounds and Crump as well! Furthermore...I wouldn't call Orange Mound "rough"..at least not on a game night.....but for those whose never been....it certainly might be considered intimidating.....but the people there love their community and high schools sports as much or more than any other community across our state. Sadly...their team is not competing too well these days!

For the record...the Prez has been to games at the Fairgrounds and Crump as well! Furthermore...I wouldn't call Orange Mound "rough"..at least not on a game night.....but for those whose never been....it certainly might be considered intimidating.....but the people there love their community and high schools sports as much or more than any other community across our state. Sadly...their team is not competing too well these days!

Guys QUAD 3 will look like this. Antioch will get one spot because it won the district. Gallatin finished second in 9 aaa so the will get 2 spot. Hendersonville, Beech, Clarksville, Northeast, and Springfield. all will finish 6-4. with Station Camp being 5-5. I think they get in.

So here it goes

1.Antioch 10-aaa champs

2.Gallatin 9-aaa runnerup

3.Hendersonville 9-aaa third in 9-aaa

4.Clarksville 10-aaa third place finish

5.Beech 9-aaa fourth place finish

6.Northeast 10-aaa fourth place finish

7.springfield 10-aaa fifth place finish

8.Station camp 9aaa fifth place finish.

so..

8)station camp goes to 1)antioch

5)Beech goes to 4)clarksville

6)Northeast goes to 3)Hendersonville

7)springfield goes to 2)gallatin

There you have it...

Edited by werazzlin

In quad 1 I see Tennessee High and Cocke Co. falling out in week 10. So 2 teams will get pulled from quad 2 to fill out the 8. Knox West had been listed as quad 1 until last week. Other candidates to go with a 8-2 Knox West team would be 10-0 Powell or 5-5 Anderson Co. Anybody willing to guess at how quad 1 shakes out?

In quad 1 I see Tennessee High and Cocke Co. falling out in week 10. So 2 teams will get pulled from quad 2 to fill out the 8. Knox West had been listed as quad 1 until last week. Other candidates to go with a 8-2 Knox West team would be 10-0 Powell or 5-5 Anderson Co. Anybody willing to guess at how quad 1 shakes out?

If Tennessee High and Cocke Co. fall out in week 10 like you think then you will have Powell and Knox West going to Quad 1 because they are farther East than Anderson Co. That doesn't fair good for Quad 1 teams because Powell and West will be favored to win that quad if they do. :popcorneater:

Orange Mound is one of the more undesirable places to be around Memphis, but you are right. They LOVE their football team and there is almost always a great atmosphere around their stadium for a football game. And you are right. Their team is struggling badly this year. Good chance they will lose again this Friday to an extremely surprising Hamilton team that may go to the playoffs for the first time in ages and after going 0-10 last season.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but THS still has a small chance of sneaking into the playoffs at the # 32 spot if the following things happen:

Cherokee defeats Cocke Co. (should knock Cocke Co out of playoffs)

Craigmont or Bartlett need to lose and seeing as how they're playing each other this week, one of them will definitely lose. If TSSAA awards Craigmont with a win from last week then they'll need to defeat Bartlett ( this will knock one of them out)

Westwood defeats Munford to keep them ranked below THS.

THS must defeat Volunteer

All of those are big IFS, but if the above plays out it will free up two additional spots in the current standings. Anderson Co and Station Camp will jump Tennessee, but they will probably still get the 32 spot.

Edited by THSVikings2004

Correct me if I'm wrong, but THS still has a small chance of sneaking into the playoffs at the # 32 spot if the following things happen:

Cherokee defeats Cocke Co. (should knock Cocke Co out of playoffs)

Craigmont or Bartlett need to lose and seeing as how they're playing each other this week, one of them will definitely lose. If TSSAA awards Craigmont with a win from last week than they'll need to defeat Bartlett ( this will knock one of them out)

Westwood defeats Munford to keep them ranked below THS.

THS must defeat Volunteer

All of those are big IFS, but if the above plays out it will free up two additional spots in the current standings. Anderson Co and Station Camp will jump Tennessee, but they will probably still get the 32 spot.

It is still possible '04 and not unreasonable, just unlikely. We didn't help you any by losing to Boone Friday night. I believe Craigmont and Memphis East are finishing up their game at 4:00 Central Time today. Westwood vs Munford is probably the one to keep an eye on and I don't like the way Cherokee flamed out at a 1-7 Seymour venue and now they go to Cocke Co. who at 4-5 has plenty of motivation of their own. Maybe good fortune will smile on the Vikings after honoring the '71 team and Coach Stubbs last Friday. It would be fitting to see them get in.

Guys QUAD 3 will look like this. Antioch will get one spot because it won the district. Gallatin finished second in 9 aaa so the will get 2 spot. Hendersonville, Beech, Clarksville, Northeast, and Springfield. all will finish 6-4. with Station Camp being 5-5. I think they get in.

So here it goes

1.Antioch 10-aaa champs

so..

There you have it...

What"s wrong with this? #1-Antioch is in District 12. #2-Don't leave out Glencliff, who so far is in, and in Quad 3 as well. I don't think Clarksville will be in this quad.

So here it goes

1.Antioch 10-aaa champs

so..

There you have it...

I think you may be putting too much stock in district finishes. My understanding is that after the district champ, seedings are determined by tssaa rankings rather than district finish.