(1A) AP Poll Oct. 10th

theGURU

The PC coaches and the two players themselves DID NOT know they were ineligible. But that doesn't matter I guess, as long it could help SP win another Gold Ball huh? Has SP gotten this kind of help in the past?

OH COME ON. ARE YOU THAT GULLIBLE TO THINK THEY DIDN'T KNOW. THEY KNEW AND THEY GOT CAUGHT. WHAT AN EMBARESSMENT FOR THE SCHOOL AND THE COMMUNITY. AND I'M NOT FROM S.P. AND WHILE WE ARE ON THAT SUBJECT LET ME SAY PUT UP OR SHUT UP. SOUTH PITT HAS EVERY REASON TO BRAG. THEY HAVE THE TROPHIES. AND ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN KNOWS THAT THEY ARE A VERY GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT. STOP BEING JEALOUS AND GIVE THOSE KIDS OVER THERE THEIR CREDIT. WHEN'S THE LAST TIME PC WON A STATE FOOTBALL TITLE? OR WC ? AND I AM A WILDCAT FAN. I'M JUST SAYING THAT RIGHT NOW SOUTH PITT IS A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH AND THEY HAVE EARNED RESPECT. AND AS FAR AS I KNOW THEY HAVE DONE IT THE LEGAL WAY.

GO WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a bunch of mess. That coach tried to sneak one past that Childress man and the TSAA and he got caught. That Childress man took it easy on those Perry County boys, but I told everybody if he caught another team cheating he would come down on them hard and he did to Signal Mountain. Instead of just taking away three wins from them like he did Perry County, he took away six wins and made that Price man miss the playoffs. I garuntee you that Childress man will be watching those Perry County boys real close now. You think im joking but im not.

Roy, sounds like Signal Mtn. has an out this morning.....being with the hardship transfer the kid had and all. Looks like Mr. Childress and Mr. Gillespie need to dot their i's and cross their t's.

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/article.cfm?id=302105

The PC coaches and the two players themselves DID NOT know they were ineligible. But that doesn't matter I guess, as long it could help SP win another Gold Ball huh? Has SP gotten this kind of help in the past?

What rock did you come out from? This is an ignorant statement. S.P has nothing to do with Perry County. I don't know much about them other than Kirk Haston played for them in 1997.

I see you have been in the bong water again. :roflol: Perry County has never had an effect on SP in the finals unless you count getting hammered by Jo Byrnes last year 45-12 or in 2009 59-6. PC has an overall playoff record of 3-6. SP has seen a lot of paper tigers in the head lines out west over the decades and has learned to only worry about the ones that show up on Friday nights during he playoffs. SP has played in a title game every decade since the playoff format was adopted and is the only team to do so and has piled up a 59-23 playoff record, some of that in the early years when a 9-1 record meant you were staying home. At this point we just watch as part of the fun. :thumb:

Roy, sounds like Signal Mtn. has an out this morning.....being with the hardship transfer the kid had and all. Looks like Mr. Childress and Mr. Gillespie need to dot their i's and cross their t's.

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/article.cfm?id=302105

The problem is they say there is no mention of a hardship waiver in the handbook and there is on page 19, section 24 and there is also a waiver form on the TSSAA site which mentions section 24. That is just a SM blog that is very skewed. :roflol:

The problem is they say there is no mention of a hardship waiver in the handbook and there is on page 19, section 24 and there is also a waiver form on the TSSAA site which mentions section 24. That is just a SM blog that is very skewed. :roflol:

Sooo, what does the section on hardship waivers say?? Being that Mclendon received a hardship waiver to be at SM instead of Brainerd, shouldn't he be allowed to play sports at SM?

I don't understand how troubles at PC have anything to do with the Pirates. We don't pay a lot of attention to west teams at this point in the season. We worry about ourselves, we try to get a good seeding by playing hard while playing tough competition in order to condition our boys in case we make it deep in the playoffs, to face Gville and a possible match up with one of your always tough teams.

You guys keep winning, we will try to do the same and then, we get on here and bash each other. A lot of football left before that.

Right now PC should be worried that little old team in Wayne County they have to visit halloween weekend.

Sooo, what does the section on hardship waivers say?? Being that Mclendon received a hardship waiver to be at SM instead of Brainerd, shouldn't he be allowed to play sports at SM?

They didn't have a hardship waiver because they didn't apply for one. He had one for academics from the HCBE. Athletics is a separate issue.

Edit: if you go back and read that article, you will see McCullough is claiming there is no mention of a hardship waiver in the TSSAA Handbook. However that is another subject up in the 4a boards.

Edited by rlh

I remember this type of bantar coming from the Lewis County fans in 2003 when they thought they had a championship caliber (2A) team. Huntingdon was over-rated, hadn't played anybody, shouldn't even waste their time making the journey to Lewis County. If I remember correctly the mercy rule took effect early in the 3rd quarter. Huntingdon went on to win a sqeaker against Milan in the Semis and then dominate David Lipscomb in the championship game.

All that is irrelevant in 2011, I'm just saying it's really hard to judge how good a team is unless they play the same teams. So, instead of going ahead and booking your rooms in Cookville, lets play the games first. I'm not going to say Huntingdon is any better than PC or WC, I'll wait and make my judgement on that IF we get the pleasure of playing them in the playoffs. (Although Huntingdon did scrimmage PC, and they have alot of talent, I just don't make it a habit of basing anything off of a glorified practice)

I don't even see the point in having a ranking system in High School sports. Maybe its just to fire the players and coachs up, and give people something to argue about on Coach T.

I agree, you shouldnt base anything on a scrimmage, and we do got talent though a lot more than we did when we lost to lewis county. Doesnt mean anything though, I do believe we could go but it doesnt mean we will. But you need to go ahead and book them hotels so you can get a room if they do. To get to the championship you need great skill and a little bit of luck both. Lots of talent in quarter and semis or they wouldnt be there.

Here is Sonny Moore's top ten. The other number is the overall state rank.

1. #45 South Pittsburg

2. #50 Huntingdon

3. #80 Wayne County

4. #113 Perry County

5. #125 Gordonsville

6. #161 Jo Byrns

7. #177 Clarksville Academy

8. #197 Coalfield

9. #212 Chattanooga Grace

10. #220 Greenback.

Closer than most polls this year but Huntingdon is still to high. And 33 team difference overall between PC and WC? OKAY :roflol: