(1A) AP Poll Oct. 10th

theGURU

Polls mean nothing. This includes Murphy Fair's poll. They are all pointless and garbage at this point, but put more stock in a computer poll rather than that stupid one Murphy Fair puts out.

The TSSAA playoff ranking means something because it is used to determine seeding along with winning the district.

I was wondering how many schools are with in 20 miles of SP? Is an open school zone?

South Pittsburg is not open zoned. It has a district and bus route. Jasper is the County seat roughly 10 miles to the north and another 10 is Whitwell. Another 10 or 12 is Dunlap (Sequatchie County High). To the East about 25 miles is Lookout Valley High. Over the mountain the west about 35 miles as the crow flies is Huntland. They have never played SP in football in the history of the World. To the south is Aladamnbama but they don't count. :roflol:

Here is Sonny Moore's top ten. The other number is the overall state rank.

1. #45 South Pittsburg

2. #50 Huntingdon

3. #80 Wayne County

4. #113 Perry County

5. #125 Gordonsville

6. #161 Jo Byrns

7. #177 Clarksville Academy

8. #197 Coalfield

9. #212 Chattanooga Grace

10. #220 Greenback.

I agree with this one actually but think we'll have to work hard on Wayne County as well & margin for us and wayne county should be lower like maybe Wayne County #90.

I agree with this one actually but think we'll have to work hard on Wayne County as well & margin for us and wayne county should be lower like maybe Wayne County #90.

Im not sure if Im understanding you correctly. Did you mean that you think Huntingdon and Wayne County should be further apart?

Here is Sonny Moore's top ten. The other number is the overall state rank.

1. #45 South Pittsburg

2. #50 Huntingdon

3. #80 Wayne County

4. #113 Perry County

5. #125 Gordonsville

6. #161 Jo Byrns

7. #177 Clarksville Academy

8. #197 Coalfield

9. #212 Chattanooga Grace

10. #220 Greenback.

What is a Sonny Moore rating. How can we be ranked #45 in this pole, but ranked second in Murphy's pole. This pole is a bunch of mess. Their is no way our team is ranked #45 in 1A. This has to be a misprint. You think im joking but im not.

OH COME ON. ARE YOU THAT GULLIBLE TO THINK THEY DIDN'T KNOW. THEY KNEW AND THEY GOT CAUGHT. WHAT AN EMBARESSMENT FOR THE SCHOOL AND THE COMMUNITY. AND I'M NOT FROM S.P. AND WHILE WE ARE ON THAT SUBJECT LET ME SAY PUT UP OR SHUT UP. SOUTH PITT HAS EVERY REASON TO BRAG. THEY HAVE THE TROPHIES. AND ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN KNOWS THAT THEY ARE A VERY GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT. STOP BEING JEALOUS AND GIVE THOSE KIDS OVER THERE THEIR CREDIT. WHEN'S THE LAST TIME PC WON A STATE FOOTBALL TITLE? OR WC ? AND I AM A WILDCAT FAN. I'M JUST SAYING THAT RIGHT NOW SOUTH PITT IS A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH AND THEY HAVE EARNED RESPECT. AND AS FAR AS I KNOW THEY HAVE DONE IT THE LEGAL WAY.

GO WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relax buddy, and I'll shut my mouth when I feel like it. As for SP they have a great program year after year after year and from such a small community, humm...... they should be proud.

I agree, you shouldnt base anything on a scrimmage, and we do got talent though a lot more than we did when we lost to lewis county. Doesnt mean anything though, I do believe we could go but it doesnt mean we will. But you need to go ahead and book them hotels so you can get a room if they do. To get to the championship you need great skill and a little bit of luck both. Lots of talent in quarter and semis or they wouldnt be there.

I don't think you read my post right. I'm talking about Perry county showing alot of talent in their scrimmage against Huntingdon, I know nothing about Wayne County other than I have a few buddies from there but they are way too old to be playing high school sports...haha

I don't remember Huntingdon ever loosing to Lewis County... I only remember the game I used in my analogy, where Huntingdon beat them something like 35-6 in the quarter finals in 2003, but the Lewis county fans already had that gamed marked as a win before it was ever played.

I've watched these Seniors from Huntingdon grow over the years, and I can only speak for them and what I've seen. Huntingdon may not be as talented at the 2003 championship team, but I don't know that they don't have more heart and play better as a team. They are definetly exciting to watch and I'm very proud of them no matter how this season turns out.