Greenback needs to lose to Harriman

goosevol

I'm not saying Greenback should throw thegame. I'm just pointing out how crazy this new playoff system is where a team would benefit from losing a game and then a game between 2 AA teams (Cosby and Unaka) will determine the seeding for Coalfield and Greenback in their quad.

Yeah the way it used to be was better,sure you might get some teams in with bad records,but the good teams always win it anyway. This new thing keeps everyone guessing and I think travel is even longer. Its just messed up.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the way it used to be was better,sure you might get some teams in with bad records,but the good teams always win it anyway. This new thing keeps everyone guessing and I think travel is even longer. Its just messed up.

Pujo, I am going to call that Childress man tomorrow and find out what kind of mess is going on. That D60 man said if we lose this game Friday, we will be a three seed. What kind of mess is that?

I'm not saying Greenback should throw thegame. I'm just pointing out how crazy this new playoff system is where a team would benefit from losing a game and then a game between 2 AA teams (Cosby and Unaka) will determine the seeding for Coalfield and Greenback in their quad.

I garuntee you if that Childress man finds out about Greenback doing this, he will be real mad. That Childress man is already made that Price man miss the playoffs. If I was that McCarter man, I would make sure I didnt make that Childress man mad.

I liked it better years ago when only the top two teams from a district made the playoffs. I know TSSAA makes a ton of money off the playoffs and that's why we have have six classes and more than half the teams make the postseason, but I don't think teams should be rewarded for medicority. If I ever become TSSAA president, the first thing I'd do is split publc-private then I'd have the above .500 rule saying you have to have a winning record to make the playoffs. If your district doesn't have enough teams to fill their quots then somebody would just get a first round bye.

If that McCarter man tell his boys to lose this game on purpose, then he is not a good coach and Im going to tell Murphy not to let him put his survey in the Murphy Fair book next year. If I was a Greenback fan, I would never go to another game if this McCarter man was coaching. You think im joking but im not.

Why would the McCarter man be in trouble with the head cheese...he's not the HC, he's the DC. The HC is Ridge(You should know this from that Murphy Fair book or aka "Your HS FB Bible") and typically the HC has the final say...And by the way, why don't you take your Murphy Fair book an wipe your butt with it, cause in the end thats all their really good for. If you need a extra one I will be glad to bring you another. You think im joking but im not...

If that McCarter man tell his boys to lose this game on purpose, then he is not a good coach and Im going to tell Murphy not to let him put his survey in the Murphy Fair book next year. If I was a Greenback fan, I would never go to another game if this McCarter man was coaching. You think im joking but im not.

Ok Roy ,why are you bashing that McCarter guy,he is not the head coach,neither he or the head coach would ever throw a game for the any reason.I think you need to just shut up.Where in the heck did you get such an idea.

Ok Roy ,why are you bashing that McCarter guy,he is not the head coach,neither he or the head coach would ever throw a game for the any reason.I think you need to just shut up.Where in the heck did you get such an idea.

He was talking on hypothetical possibility of such and event based on the title of the thread. Of course no one really believes that would ever occur.

Actually, I was serious about playing Greenback. They are the only team in Quad 1 1a playoffs with a football tradition although Coalfield is trying to build one. I figure who ever comes out of Quad 1 will get GV (or maybe Eagleville) anyway. Lastly, I didn't say anything about anyone from GB shaking (notice the spelling) anyone's cage. However, it is pretty silly that you guys are latching on to a forfeit win over a team that couldn't win a game in the first place.

rlh,as you can tell i graduated from GB(shacking)i guess i need spell check if i knew how to use it,my understanding is to get another game we would have to travel a good ways again already had a three hour trip to cloudland this yr.As for you GCA,you where pretty respectful to us before we played now we are whiney and sore for losing to you all?Not really you all were the better team,you havnt heard one Greenback fan whine,when you lose to some one you are supposed to beat then you get upset,we have beaten everyone we are supposed to,i guess we could have scheduled a bad Franklin team to go put 40 on but we didnt.Of course we at Greenback have always took the EASY way,we use our 35 kids we raise up every year and do the best we can,and that is usually pretty good for a bunch of hay seeds from the sticks.Since 1985(first time in playoffs against johnny sisco and the south pitt pirates to be exact) we have built a pretty good tradition on the gridiron,we schedule 2a and 3a teams usally not 1a except district,we get a tranfer in every so often that might help,but for the most part its these kids that have grown up loving Greenback football!Thats why we do get a little respect from some of these other tradition rich schools such as pitt,cloudland,oneida and so forth.Any way thanks black pearl and ambassador for your respectful comments

Edited by orngnblk

rhl,as you can tell i graduated from GB(shacking)i guess i need spell check if i knew how to use it,my understanding is to get another game we would have to travel a good ways again already had a three hour trip to cloudland this yr,GCA you where pretty respectful to us before we played now we are whiney and sore for losing to you all?Not really you all were the better team,you havnt heard one Greenback fan whine,when you lose to some one you are supposed to beat then you get upset,we have beaten everyone we are supposed to,i guess we could have scheduled a bad Franlin team to go put 40 on but we didnt.Of course we at Greenback have always took the EASY way,we use our 35 kids we raise up every year and do the best we can,and that is usually pretty good for a bunch of hay seeds from the sticks.Since 1985(first time in playoffs against johnny sisco and the south pitt pirates to be exact) we have built a pretty good tradition on the gridiron,we schedule 2a and 3a teams usally not 1a except district,we get a tranfer in every so often that might help,but for the most part its these kids that have grown up loving Greenback football!Thats why we do get a little respect from some of these other tradition rich schools such as pitt,cloudland,oneida and so forth.Any way thanks black pearl and ambassador for your respectful comments

thumb[1].gif and thumb[1].gif

rhl,as you can tell i graduated from GB(shacking)i guess i need spell check if i knew how to use it,my understanding is to get another game we would have to travel a good ways again already had a three hour trip to cloudland this yr,GCA you where pretty respectful to us before we played now we are whiney and sore for losing to you all?Not really you all were the better team,you havnt heard one Greenback fan whine,when you lose to some one you are supposed to beat then you get upset,we have beaten everyone we are supposed to,i guess we could have scheduled a bad Franlin team to go put 40 on but we didnt.Of course we at Greenback have always took the EASY way,we use our 35 kids we raise up every year and do the best we can,and that is usually pretty good for a bunch of hay seeds from the sticks.Since 1985(first time in playoffs against johnny sisco and the south pitt pirates to be exact) we have built a pretty good tradition on the gridiron,we schedule 2a and 3a teams usally not 1a except district,we get a tranfer in every so often that might help,but for the most part its these kids that have grown up loving Greenback football!Thats why we do get a little respect from some of these other tradition rich schools such as pitt,cloudland,oneida and so forth.Any way thanks black pearl and ambassador for your respectful comments

Did I miss something here? We haven't played Greenback for several years. GB is one of the few schools besides Polk County that we have played 6 or more times and have a split record against.

Edited by rlh

Why would the McCarter man be in trouble with the head cheese...he's not the HC, he's the DC. The HC is Ridge(You should know this from that Murphy Fair book or aka "Your HS FB Bible") and typically the HC has the final say...And by the way, why don't you take your Murphy Fair book an wipe your butt with it, cause in the end thats all their really good for. If you need a extra one I will be glad to bring you another. You think im joking but im not...

such venom for a Murphy typo...Hmmmm sounds like there might be a story here or an issue with old Murphy.