Marion coach let go

Indian

Thank its between Herman Cain and Pee Wee Herman, with an outside shot of Gary Busey or Santa Clause ad offensive cord. Busey wants to run the cross-fac chicken wang while Ole St. Nick wants to run KC and the Sunshine Bands Veer offense.. edge to Pee Wee and Santa cause they jus cant let the VEER go...... :roflol:

Who are the names of the legitimate candidates to replace the head coach? :popcorneater:

In no particular order; Slaughter, Mccurry, Westmoreland, Zeigler, Gudger, D Barger, and Ballard. Of these names, I would love to see Mccurry,Zeigler or Ballard get the job. I have heard that Zeigler has higher goals than just a football coach. These are names that I have heard. Dont know anymore than the rest of you guys though. :popcorneater:

In no particular order; Slaughter, Mccurry, Westmoreland, Zeigler, Gudger, D Barger, and Ballard. Of these names, I would love to see Mccurry,Zeigler or Ballard get the job. I have heard that Zeigler has higher goals than just a football coach. These are names that I have heard. Dont know anymore than the rest of you guys though. :popcorneater:

It is going to be a tough job. In all seriousness.

First off, show me where I said the years which he coached. He had a record of 148 -37 -19. However, I think your years and number of coaches are off. Plus, Adcock played for Phil Beene from 1960 - 63 and Grider and Brooks were the assistants or so I thought. Since you are so bleeping knowledgeable, why haven't you informed us of the interim coaches and who Don Grider played for in he mid50s as a Pirate. thumb[1].gif

My bad. You didn't say the years did you. My reading comprehension must have flown out the door on that one. I don't know where I got that you did. That's what happens when you try to sneak on coacht when the boss isn't looking. :?

And unfortunately most all of my bleeping knowledge mostly comes from asking others. You are right on Adcock, he played for Beene when he returned "officially" in '62 although he was actually the coach although not in name in '61. I may be off a little on those years but I think it is close. And Grider would have probably played for White and Drost.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

My bad. You didn't say the years did you. My reading comprehension must have flown out the door on that one. I don't know where I got that you did. That's what happens when you try to sneak on coacht when the boss isn't looking. :?

And unfortunately most all of my bleeping knowledge mostly comes from asking others. You are right on Adcock, he played for Beene when he returned "officially" in '62 although he was actually the coach although not in name in '61. I may be off a little on those years but I think it is close. And Grider would have probably played for White and Drost.

I talked to a fan Friday that has all this information and lots more. They did a detailed research. D60 or I will have it soon I will post the list of SPHS coaches and years. Said they also have list of all assistants names..

Let me ask you a question. Why would this Zieglar man not hire this Westmoreland man? He played in the SEC and in the NFL. He would be real good. Atleast he does not know Griders secret plays and will not be able to beat Grider for a while. I was looking in my Murphy Fair book about some of these other coaches. Is this Barger man the same one at Sequatchie County? Is this Gudger man the same coach that coaches at Grundy County for that Bryant man?

Its easy to do. I didn't have the exact years which is why I didn't try. I knew with Phil Been having 148 wins that some years weren't accounted for. Sam Brooks probably knows all of this for football and basketball. I will ask him about it when I get a chance.

I talked to a fan Friday that has all this information and lots more. They did a detailed research. D60 or I will have it soon I will post the list of SPHS coaches and years. Said they also have list of all assistants names..

Coach Brooks was not only the statistician for years but also the unofficial historian of Pirate athletics.

Edited by rlh