10AA Basketball

coachrus

Hate it for Craig AND the team. Seems like he continues to have bad luck, physically...since summer.

Whether or not it had anything to do with this particular case, the game of basketball is getting rougher and rougher...and there's only one blame: Refs. They continue to let the physical play go...usually in favor of one team, which is a shame. The hand-checking, the grabbing and holding and the push-off is a FOUL! So, call it!! And they're not volunteers. They're supposedly paid 'professionals.' The players, coaches and, yes, even the paying fan$ deserve better.

It wasn't a cheap shot just both players going hard for the ball. I believe it was called due to the extremely long pause in the action. It took the EMT's an awfully long time to get there. The outcome of the game was never in question.

Glad to hear it was just good, hard play.

Hope Bradshaw is on the court again soon.

• Upvote 1

CPA certainly missed Bradshaw tonight against Clarksville NE. Lindsey met his match against big Alex, the UK commit.

Sounds like it was a great game with CPA leading after the 3rd quarter. I'm sure it was a valuable experience for the CPA team, facing one of the top if not the top player in TN this year. Jake "Larry Bird" Allsmiller shined again for CPA, and I look for him to lead the state again in 3-pointers, as he did last year as a freshman. Getting Bradshaw and Thomas Richard back will be big for CPA, as well as several basketball players that will be playing in Friday's state football semi-final. Poythress is the real deal- best of luck to him this season and next at Kentucky. As for CPA, this is a loss to build on. I don't see many teams in AA that will be able to stick with them when they are at full strength. They are that good, BUT, CPA has yet to win a state championship in basketball, so I cannot say that they are the team to beat. I'm looking forward to an exciting year in 10AA.

Edited by matt610

Poythress looks out of place on the court - a man among boys. He is not overrated. Strong, quick, great hops, smooth stroke and a competitor. When CPA went up 10 in 2nd half, I thought they would win, but even though Poythress was great, it was CNE's defense forcing turnovers that won the game. CPA's bench was so weak with Bradshaw, Richard, and the football players not playing, they fell victim to the same game they usually win with-pressure.

Poythress is awesome, CNE is good, and CPA will be fine as the year develops and they get to full strength.

It was good to see Craig Bradshaw back tonight in CPA win against Station Camp. Best surprise of the early season is the play of Brandon Cook who has recovered from ACL tear last year. I think he had about 16 points tonight. Deadly from three point line and some nice drives to the basket.

Went to the CPA/PC game last night. CPA controlled the game throughout, but PC made a nice run after getting down almost 30 early to cut it to about 15. PC made their run by dribble penetration in the lane and making some nice shots while CPA got a bit impatient and sloppy on offense. CPA switched to zone defense, PC couldn't adjust, and CPA wins by 37.

This was 1st game with most football players and Bradshaw in the lineup. Richard and Brown were still not dressed. CPA goes 12 deep with players on the bench that would start for most teams and they pressure full court for 32 minutes. Wharton had a great game after only 2 days of practice after football. Lindsey looked good. Bradshaw was steady as usual.

They will be hard to beat if they avoid injuries.

Went to the CPA/PC game last night. CPA controlled the game throughout, but PC made a nice run after getting down almost 30 early to cut it to about 15. PC made their run by dribble penetration in the lane and making some nice shots while CPA got a bit impatient and sloppy on offense. CPA switched to zone defense, PC couldn't adjust, and CPA wins by 37.

This was 1st game with most football players and Bradshaw in the lineup. Richard and Brown were still not dressed. CPA goes 12 deep with players on the bench that would start for most teams and they pressure full court for 32 minutes. Wharton had a great game after only 2 days of practice after football. Lindsey looked good. Bradshaw was steady as usual.

They will be hard to beat if they avoid injuries.

Still not sold on CPA's inside game. Maybe they won't need one. Maybe Richard and Brown will be the answer when they are healthy. Will see.

Still not sold on CPA's inside game. Maybe they won't need one. Maybe Richard and Brown will be the answer when they are healthy. Will see.

Need to meet you someday at CPA game, Coachrus. Enjoy your posts.

Agree with you about CPA's inside game. Their full court and man pressure is impressive, but the defense seems to break down when their lane is penetrated. With their size, it seems they would be better served with full court pressure, then switching to a zone-trapping D after the opponent gets past halfcourt.

They also do very little posting up despite their size advantage inside. Lindsey has no post up game in their offense, Howell does however, and they suffer on the boards the way Lindsey plays outside.He does not need to be shooting 3's when we have others who can and it takes him away from the offensive boards.

I will say Wharton is a pleasant surprise.

Need to meet you someday at CPA game, Coachrus. Enjoy your posts.

Agree with you about CPA's inside game. Their full court and man pressure is impressive, but the defense seems to break down when their lane is penetrated. With their size, it seems they would be better served with full court pressure, then switching to a zone-trapping D after the opponent gets past halfcourt.

They also do very little posting up despite their size advantage inside. Lindsey has no post up game in their offense, Howell does however, and they suffer on the boards the way Lindsey plays outside.He does not need to be shooting 3's when we have others who can and it takes him away from the offensive boards.

I will say Wharton is a pleasant surprise.

Sounds good. Always enjoy CPA4ever as well. The CPA vs. East Lit game coming up on Friday should be a good one. East Lit beat Maplewood last week (no football players so I'm not sure what that means).

CPA 's full court pressure was ineffective against Hume Fogg and they gave up a lot of easy baskets. Wharton has good quickness and penetration skills,but would like to see more 3 point range. Sometimes he tries to do too much and gets in trouble. Howell played well offensively, but HF wasn't particularly big inside.