10AA Basketball

coachrus

I just watched the replay. Jalen made the free throw after the disputed call.

Thanks. IMHO Lindsey was definitely the difference in the game. He sure does not seem to get rattled. While most of the CPA starters were getting frustrated or rattled by the refs or East, he kept his cool and played through.

Can you check the goaltending call on the tape? I'm just curious. It happened so fast. I'd be interested in knowing if the refs got it right or missed it. (Again, I do not think one call either way decided the game.)

Thanks, Coach.

Region Tourney Starts Tonight:

CPA will host Sycamore

East Literature will host Westmoreland

Maplewood will travel to Greenbrier

David Lipscomb will travel to Macon County

Thoughts?

9AA was underestimated last year by everyone, and they surprised folks. I can't see DL beating Macon on the road, or Greenbrier beating Maplewood, but it very easily could happen. CPA and EL should win easily.

Thanks. IMHO Lindsey was definitely the difference in the game. He sure does not seem to get rattled. While most of the CPA starters were getting frustrated or rattled by the refs or East, he kept his cool and played through.

Can you check the goaltending call on the tape? I'm just curious. It happened so fast. I'd be interested in knowing if the refs got it right or missed it. (Again, I do not think one call either way decided the game.)

Thanks, Coach.

Unfortunately, I was not taping during that play and don't have it. I tried to watch the replay on the TSSAA network, but it is not up. I'll keep looking cause I'm interested as well.

Unfortunately, I was not taping during that play and don't have it. I tried to watch the replay on the TSSAA network, but it is not up. I'll keep looking cause I'm interested as well.

I watched it several times the day after (before they took it off the website) and I just couldn't tell because it happened so quickly.

Edited by bjl1929

Are you really as dumb as you sound or are you just playing dumb? If you think that is what I said, go back and read my post.

Grammar check. Maybe CPA4Ever can help since spell check and poster analysis is part of his expertise, but maybe grammar is outside of his skill set. Maybe he only reserves those skills for those outside of CPA so let me see if I can help you out. Did you mean to say Net difference is 1 point for CPA, not against CPA? Where I come from the word against puts someone at a disadvantage not an advantage. Can we at least agree that CPA gained some type of point advantage from the referee giving them a basket that he should not have counted? If your word choice was the problem does that still make me the dumb one?

OK, so here's the deal! I am a CPA and 10AA fan who tries to talk basketball on a 10AA thread about basketball. You on the other hand are not a fan of a 10AA team, have some ax to grind, I'm guessin', with Coach Maddux because of interest or ties with AAU basketball, which cause you to jump on any opportunity you have (like 5Sportdad who can't get over losing Bradshaw)to do nothing but bash CPA on any thread they are mentioned. You have 10 posts (of your total 58) on this thread that take shots at CPA and CPA posters and add nothing constructive to the discussion. I'm through taking your bait and getting sucked into your negativism.So I repeat - get a life!

The proverbial pot calling the kettle black so I will repeat, you mean a life like yours? You are concerned that someone is bashing, are you kidding? You have no problem trying to hold others accountable, you don't like it when you may be forced to look in the mirror. Stick to trying to talk basketball and work on being consistent. Don't dislike what you see in others, when it is obvious others see the same in you.

Grammar check. Maybe CPA4Ever can help since spell check and poster analysis is part of his expertise, but maybe grammar is outside of his skill set. Maybe he only reserves those skills for those outside of CPA so let me see if I can help you out. Did you mean to say Net difference is 1 point for CPA, not against CPA? Where I come from the word against puts someone at a disadvantage not an advantage. Can we at least agree that CPA gained some type of point advantage from the referee giving them a basket that he should not have counted? If your word choice was the problem does that still make me the dumb one?

OK, I will go slow so that you can get this. I said that the first bad call cost East Lit one point because Lindsey only got to take one foul shot even though he was fouled in the act of shooting. Two points for the bucket less the one point for the foul shot not taken by Lindsey is a one point disadvantage to East Lit. The other incorrect call in my opinion was the non goal tending call. That (IMHO) cost CPA two points. Looking at both incorrect calls together, the end result is that combined, CPA came out on the losing end by one point.

If you believe that the goal tending call was correct, then East Lit was penalized two points for the incorrect bucket and CPA was penalized one point for the foul shot that they were not given. This would result in a one point advantage for CPA.

Edited by coachrus