Oak Ridge @ McMinn County

tnchad1980

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This just in Mcminn just got a QB transfer in from Signal Mountain that threw for 3800 yards and 48 td just this year. Coach Price said they could borrow him for one game since all of their games don't count he really didn't play this year according to TSSAA and all Bo has to do now is check the right box and he can have an ALL-STATE QB against Oak Ridge on Friday. All of Mcminn Co. is standing over BO'S shoulder to show him the correct box. He did it Mcminn now has a QB for the game Friday.

Great.....we will take him! Like Bruce Pearl motto "If you cant beat them then just cheat them".

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once appealed an IRS ruling based on an audit, and got to go before a judge - who happened to work for the IRS. My point - I seriously doubt they'll overturn a decision that one of their own TSSAA officials made, even if it was knee-jerk, unwarranted, ridiculous, and just plain wrong. I'm glad they are appealing because they need to see how stupid the whole scenario was.

So.... You are saying that if it was a Bradley player that kicked a Mcminn player in the head while he was on the ground, you would still say it was " knee jerk, unwarranted, ridiculous, and just plain wrong"

C-MON MAN!!!!!

Paper says Mcminn 407 Bradley 202 total yards. For Bradley, Houston with 102 yards on the ground with 72 of those on 1 play, and threw for 94 yards. For Mcminn, Lindsey had 153 and Sanders had 91 on the ground and threw for 163 with 80 yards receiving by Simpson. The turnovers were huge, all but 1 was forced by Mcminn hitting hard. Mcminn was playing prevent bend don't break half way through the 3rd. The first half Bradley had some big runs and it was a game, but in the second half there were no big plays and Mcminn cashed in on some costly turnovers. I actually thought Houston had 2 big runs of 72 and 50 in the first half, but paper don't say so. Regardless that was basically all the Offense Bradley seemed to have on this night, the passing game was not a factor, as I thought it would be the difference in the game, but Nevins shut Stoval down and Bradley couldn't find another option for a breakaway threat. Also the weather may have hampered Bradley's passing game some as I noticed Mcminn stuck to short passes more than they have when I previously seen them, and Bradley seemed to try and keep taking shots down the field.

I got my information from the Chattanooga News Free Press Stat page Saturday morning. Not from the Cleveland or Athens paper.

Houston had one one run of 72 yards for a TD, but the 51 yards came on a kick off return. Caleb Cain and Cal Pickel had a some catches in place of Stovall, who was nicely covered all night, but at least two passes were just off his fingertips.

More stripping than hitting hard on at least two fumbles but that is part of the game, but without a doubt they gave McMinn a short field. And likely the big plays were stymied a bit by fumbling and not having the ball. Time of posssesion was definitly in McMinn's favor in the 3rd.

Edited by alt1958

Tribe, they will back their guy up even if they tell you he was wrong and apologize to the coach. It's crazy. It's a shame for the player. Sounds to me like Bradley should have had an ejection too. but I did not see the fracas, so what do I know?

Well I had a perfect view of the action and Simbeck came up swinging. The Bradley kids were not, although they didn't run away. They still did not take any swings. The only player swinging fists was Simbeck. That garnered the unsporstmanlike.

The ejection was between him and the referee. I have just heard it was for questioning him about why the Bradley guys weren't penalized.

Paper says Mcminn 407 Bradley 202 total yards. For Bradley, Houston with 102 yards on the ground with 72 of those on 1 play, and threw for 94 yards. For Mcminn, Lindsey had 153 and Sanders had 91 on the ground and threw for 163 with 80 yards receiving by Simpson. The turnovers were huge, all but 1 was forced by Mcminn hitting hard. Mcminn was playing prevent bend don't break half way through the 3rd. The first half Bradley had some big runs and it was a game, but in the second half there were no big plays and Mcminn cashed in on some costly turnovers. I actually thought Houston had 2 big runs of 72 and 50 in the first half, but paper don't say so. Regardless that was basically all the Offense Bradley seemed to have on this night, the passing game was not a factor, as I thought it would be the difference in the game, but Nevins shut Stoval down and Bradley couldn't find another option for a breakaway threat. Also the weather may have hampered Bradley's passing game some as I noticed Mcminn stuck to short passes more than they have when I previously seen them, and Bradley seemed to try and keep taking shots down the field.

Not that it matters, but these stats pretty well reflect what the Athens radio station broadcasting the game gave, and the guy keeping the stats for them is VERY picky about accuracy,

I have to agree that every fan of McMinn should be proud. Last year's record was hard to understand, because I thought they were better but somehow it just didn't seem to jell. This year it has and they have done well.

But before you say thoroughly dominated, maybe you need to look at the stats: Mcminn rushing 249, Bradley 221. McMinn Passing 148, Bradley 129. The big difference was 5 turnovers by Bradley after only having 7 all year, (and yes some of that was good play by McMinn causing them) most of which inside the Bradley 35 yard line. And the fact that at one point you had a 26 point lead and Bradley closed it back to 12 in the 4th. You guys won, deservedly so, but try to keep things in perspective.

One thing for certain, Oak Ridge had best not expect a cakewalk in Athens.

Any word on Simbeck's suspension appeal, or if there is one?

If I recall correctly I think the Tribe lost 6 games last year by less than a touchdown, with their only blowout loss coming to Bradley. I can't remember if we played Maryville last season, but if we did that would have been another blowout loss.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you about my perspective. With the other stats provided (somewhere above) McMinn did have a LOT more yards. Also, you failed to mention McMinn's 3 turnovers, a TD called back, 100 more yards in penalties, and the fact that McMinn started subbing liberally after they went ahead 48-22 with about 8 minutes to go in the game, when in essence it was over. If there's anything I fault McMinn's coach with was that he left our starting QB in there, but he said it was merely for ball handling - then he referenced after our starting QB's ejection, our frosh QB fumbled the snap from the shotgun and Bradley recovered giving them a short field and score.

Anyway, it's a moot point now. Time for both teams to move forward and prepare for battle outside our "family".

So.... You are saying that if it was a Bradley player that kicked a Mcminn player in the head while he was on the ground, you would still say it was " knee jerk, unwarranted, ridiculous, and just plain wrong"

C-MON MAN!!!!!

Kicked a player in the head while he was on the ground??? Ha, how the stories grow in Bradley County!!! :wacko:

Truth is, McMinn's QB was also on the grassy knoll in Dallas in November, 1963. I didn't want to mention it because it would have divulged his age. :roflol: