Blackman vs Farragut

blazeburnin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to Farragut! They really came to play tonight. Breaks my heart to see those kids walking off the field for the last time. They played very hard and surely left it on the field. A real class act. Now for er guys. Way to sleep walk through the first half just about lost it there. But also way to go nuts in the third quarter. Huge play by mykidsdad kid with the strip and scamper, though it almost cost me a hundred bucks. I thought it really set the tone for the come back. I love watching my son play football! The train well was the train. Back to Back 2,000 yard seasons....Frickin WOW! I will say it is a pleasure to watch that kid run the ball, and what a great young man. What a great football game... up next it will take all we have to give. Lets get it on! :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

Hats off to Farragut! They really came to play tonight. Breaks my heart to see those kids walking off the field for the last time. They played very hard and surely left it on the field. A real class act. Now for er guys. Way to sleep walk through the first half just about lost it there. But also way to go nuts in the third quarter. Huge play by mykidsdad kid with the strip and scamper, though it almost cost me a hundred bucks. I thought it really set the tone for the come back. I love watching my son play football! The train well was the train. Back to Back 2,000 yard seasons....Frickin WOW! I will say it is a pleasure to watch that kid run the ball, and what a great young man. What a great football game... up next it will take all we have to give. Lets get it on! :popcorneater:

Blackman squeaks out a win against one of 4-AAA's middle of the pack teams AT HOME mind you...That Maryville district, boy are they weak.

Edited by SweetScience

Blackman squeaks out a win against one of 4-AAA's middle of the pack teams AT HOME mind you...That Maryville district, boy are they weak.

Middle of the pack? I thought that they finished second to Maryvile....maybe I was wrong. Some of our district opponents would say we were middle of the pack in our district and by the way they played the first half, who could argue. Blackman looked like they had been the ones on a bus for 3 hours. After the big one to start the game, they just went to sleep. Glad they woke up at the half, but only to fall back asleep on defense in the fourth. They dropped several picks and let receivers just run free. That was not a 7AAA type effort, but it will definitely take one next week. I wish the atmosphere had been a little better. I think we need to put an APB on the Blaze fans. Kinda thin crowd, plus the students weren't out in force as usual....only made it to the 50 in pre game (usually goes close to opposite goal line). Great job to the band as usual. Going to need all hands on deck next week.

//

plus, just from listening to most of the 2nd half on the radio, it sounded like Farragut just let the game slip away. 3 fumbles, 2 in the first 3 drives of the 2nd half I believe, both inside their own 30 I think... I mean, come on. that's an easy way to blow a lead.. allowing 2 80yd td runs with missed tackling.. Sometimes I just don't get this team. Haven't for years.

Middle of the pack? I thought that they finished second to Maryvile....maybe I was wrong. Some of our district opponents would say we were middle of the pack in our district and by the way they played the first half, who could argue. Blackman looked like they had been the ones on a bus for 3 hours. After the big one to start the game, they just went to sleep. Glad they woke up at the half, but only to fall back asleep on defense in the fourth. They dropped several picks and let receivers just run free. That was not a 7AAA type effort, but it will definitely take one next week. I wish the atmosphere had been a little better. I think we need to put an APB on the Blaze fans. Kinda thin crowd, plus the students weren't out in force as usual....only made it to the 50 in pre game (usually goes close to opposite goal line). Great job to the band as usual. Going to need all hands on deck next week.

Well, maybe they did finish second...I just know them And Knox West were neck and neck for 2nd place. All i know is everyone was picking Blackman to blow them out, well....

Edited by SweetScience

Agree about the fans. Come on people, you have supported this team all year and now when the weather cools off, you can't come out and support the team. Every game could be these kids last game. As far as the game. We still haven't seemed to come out of the funk we've been in lately. Farragut played well but we have got to find a way to play better defense. Mathers did his thing but the passing game has to get better quick.

Great effort by both teams, it was a hard fought game.

The season ended much like it began for the Admirals. This game was very reminiscent of the Dobyns-Bennett game – one Farragut turnover deep in the opponent’s territory, and back-to-back Farragut turnovers in their own territory. Minus 3 in turnover margin is a tough hill to climb against a good team.

What a great job by young Mr. Phillips at QB.

I was really pleased someone woke up and got Jetton some snaps at receiver. He had a MONSTER game (5 receptions for over 80 yards – 2 critical 3rd down conversions which kept scoring drives alive – and an excellent job of downfield blocking, especially on Johnson’s long run, which set up another TD). Why it took so long to get this kid on the field in some kind of capacity as a receiver, I will never understand. In my opinion, he should have been targeted as soon as Madison Brown got hurt; it is impossible to overlook his talent. The sky is the limit for this kid.

Anyway, I know one thing for sure. I guess it won’t cause any harm if I continue to make a few suggestions in the future.

Thank you to a great group of Seniors. I really enjoyed watching you play.

Edited by Former44