1a quad 2

Fat12

What have the other teams(aside from Moore County) done to earn respect. Outside of Gordonsville and Moore County, there isn't much history and tradition in this quad

Not really talking about history and tradition, just the current year/playoffs. Idgets that predict mercy rules and all that hot air blah blah on here are one of two things poking for response or have no respect. The one team (in the whole thing) that has a history of blowing teams out that's in it this year is SP outside of them I don't know if anyone run rules a 1 or 2 seed in this thing. I personally think the most dangerous team in it may be Wayne Co., Huntingdon appears good but I don't know much about em. G'ville is no doubt good but I don't think they're the end all be all that the blue kool-aid drinkers think they are. Eagleville may not make it past CA or they may spank them, don't know, hope so but don't know. I don't think they'll be embarressed by anyone in their quad though.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will tell you who played South Pitt the toughest last year in the playoffs. It was Gordonsville and all the South Pitt posters will tell you that. That game was a one possession game late third, early fourth quarter till Hale killed us with that 95 yard run after we blew a chance to take the lead. That was last years state championship game.

the 14 fake punts were all that kept that game from being a mercy rule.

It does no good to argue to argue with Gordonsville fans. They have one state championship in their long history of High School football and they think should compare them to the true storied programs such as Trousdale County, South Pittsburg, Alcoa, Riverdale and others who have won numerous state titles. They have a high regard for themselves even though they are just a very good team that makes the playoffs every year and have advanced to higher rounds. In Rutherford County you are not a storied program until you have won numerous titles. Hopefully some day Eagleville will be considered one those storied programs. 10-0 is something to be proud of and hopefully we are concentrating on a very good Columbia Academy team. We are not good enough to be worrying about Gordonsville we need to take it one game at a time. Gordonsville will once again lose before they get to the State Championship and it very well could be South Pittsburg. The last time they won a championship was a long time ago, Im sure they know that date. I'm sure they will have a lot of comments about my post.

the 14 fake punts were all that kept that game from being a mercy rule.

It was two fake punts that were very well executed. You knew they were coming but couldnt stop them. Second

half was very tight as Gordonsville moved he ball and missed out on 4th and goal to attempt to take the lead. Hale killed us on third and long with that 95 yard run. We played like crap in the first half but South Pitt also made plays and we didnt. I spoke with several of your fans after the game and they agreed it was very close. Anyway, thats history. Hope to make more in a couple of weeks. Good luck this week. South Pitt will always have my respect.

It does no good to argue to argue with Gordonsville fans. They have one state championship in their long history of High School football and they think should compare them to the true storied programs such as Trousdale County, South Pittsburg, Alcoa, Riverdale and others who have won numerous state titles. They have a high regard for themselves even though they are just a very good team that makes the playoffs every year and have advanced to higher rounds. In Rutherford County you are not a storied program until you have won numerous titles. Hopefully some day Eagleville will be considered one those storied programs. 10-0 is something to be proud of and hopefully we are concentrating on a very good Columbia Academy team. We are not good enough to be worrying about Gordonsville we need to take it one game at a time. Gordonsville will once again lose before they get to the State Championship and it very well could be South Pittsburg. The last time they won a championship was a long time ago, Im sure they know that date. I'm sure they will have a lot of comments about my post.

You have no clue.

For one, you won't hear me talk about our 1 state championship, because I was 3 at the time.

However, we have been in the playoffs every year but one since 93 and we haven't lost in the first round since 2000.(excluding 2008 when we were out of the playoffs.

Since 2001, we have 5 quarterfinal appearances in those years.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think we a long ways from the glory days in the 80's when we had several semifinal appearances, two championship game appearance and 1 championship in a 3 class system. But, there's a lot of talent in our high school right now, and we could get back to that.

All this means not much, but I think it's impressive compared to most 1A schools.

On paper, Gville should easily be representing this quad, that's all I said, and if I was a betting man, I'd bet on Gville.

Looking at the scores of who Eagleville has played, most are not impressed, but the game still has to be played. We've been surprised before.

So, you people that are not familiar with Gordonsville will find out for yourself, and then you can form you own opinion.

Until then, quit your whining, it's annoying. :D

Gordonsville is a BIG BLUE MACHINE right now that will be very tough to beat this season. Gordonsville should absolutely crush any team in quadrant 2. I still say Gordonsville mercy rules Nashville Christian this week, Columbia Academy next week then finally plays a little better team in the semifinals. Who knows, they might mercy rule us as well. One thing about it though, if your playing in the semifinals then that means you practiced on Thanksgiving, which is ALWAYS a good thing.

Gordonsville is a BIG BLUE MACHINE right now that will be very tough to beat this season. Gordonsville should absolutely crush any team in quadrant 2. I still say Gordonsville mercy rules Nashville Christian this week, Columbia Academy next week then finally plays a little better team in the semifinals. Who knows, they might mercy rule us as well. One thing about it though, if your playing in the semifinals then that means you practiced on Thanksgiving, which is ALWAYS a good thing.

Yea, G'ville just might sink the pirate ship!