7AAA vs Maryville

SCBisondad

Yeah but that same Smyrna team is a million times better then they were at the first half of the the season. They lost to us (Riverdale) by I think 7 pts.. Every other game has been a loss les then that. So they have never got "whooped". They are a very good team and should make a great run in the west brackets. They had 4 OT games and that's where part of their losses are stemming from. Now for me on the other hand I'd love to see Riverdale go on and take out Maryville before meeting Smyrna again in the state championship. Now that would be ideal:) just a thought.

But if anyone is taking Smyrna lightly out west because of their record, they are going to lose.

& Maryville aint everything. Back when I attended Riverdale 02-05 football seasons I would have gave anything for Maryville to have been 5a with Riverdale and for us to have taken them out in the playoffs. We finally have a team that can do it, that is all I will say on this subject. All of Rutherford county is producing football teams above normal caliber!

"very good smyrna team".....not going to final this year , maybe murvul can see how good they are next year.

wow I just saw this thread today and I am sitting here what in the world are some of our fans talking about?...Maryville program is where we want to be defending state champs we havent even been to a state championship game since 04 so who in the world are we to talk?... in fact i believe in that time we have only gone to the semis 1 time and we got SPANKED when we got there...last year a lot of folks was talking about a match up with us and maryville but we forgot to beat oak ridge first so please RIVERDALE fans lets talk and concentrate on blackman this week and dont even give a look at maryville as that is too far down the road.\

as far as 7AAA being the toughest WHO CARES they dont hand out state championship trophies because you play in a tough district it doesnt matter this isnt college where it helps your BCS standings there is a playoff system in high school so lets not worry about our district as 2 teams that we had to fight tooth and nail with to beat has been eliminated (there might be an asterick next to their losses though because they played in 7AAA)))

I know this is a 7AAA vs Maryville thread but I would just like to point out that district 9AAA MJ defeated Oakland and all of the teams from the district won their games tonight. The only down side to this is that now the 4 5A teams from district 9AAA will have to play each other over the next two weeks because the morons at the T$$AA have no idea what they are doing.

This is only a test, had this been an actual emergency you'd all be dead. :popcorneater:

"very good smyrna team".....not going to final this year , maybe murvul can see how good they are next year.

Ok? Smyrna is a very good team and so they lost? I wasn't there I don't know what happened during the game. It doesn't matter because Riverdale is where it's at.. Maybe we will meet again. But until then I'm worried about the Blackman game and nothing else!