Nashville Christian @ Gordonsville

croz6110

Nashville Christian will come to Gordonsville for a first time meeting.

I hope the boys come out fired up and pumped.(the Gordonsville ones) :)

I look for Gville to win by 21.

Let the chatter begin. :flower::popcorneater:

Hey croz G'ville beat NCS in '87 42-0...I wouldn't be surprised if this one ends up the same way.

Yeah I see that...beat SP 36-0 that year too!

Well, SP was like a mash unit that year and the backfield was full of freshmen except for the blocking back. Freshmen tailback, freshmen full back and banged up in several places. We had a 10th game to win the district with a very good copper basin team at their place. They had a pair of all state QB that year and how we beat them up there with the injuries was short of a miracle. We then won a couple of playoff games but our star blocking back/qb had the only bad game in his 3 years as a starter and muffed a punt and tried to do too much. We have been banged up this year, but no where near as bad as 1987.

OK, I watched a bunch of Nashville Christian videos on youtube, and it was hard to tell a whole lot because of the angles and such. Here's my breakdown.

The line has some solid players, but they seem to play better on defense.

#60 and #66 do quite well and #77 plays at full speed every play. #50 looks decent at LB.

#7 looks to be the biggest threat with the football, however #33 seems gritty and quick. #2 didn't look bad at WR and DB.

And, #32 looks to deliver some hits.

Looking at the schedule, they've played some tough non-district competition, but they've been inconsistent.

I look for them to be fired up Friday, but I think that will go away by half.

Gville 28-7. :hungry:

OK, I watched a bunch of Nashville Christian videos on youtube, and it was hard to tell a whole lot because of the angles and such. Here's my breakdown.

#60 and #66 do quite well and #77 plays at full speed every play. #50 looks decent at LB.

#7 looks to be the biggest threat with the football, however #33 seems gritty and quick. #2 didn't look bad at WR and DB.

Looking at the schedule, they've played some tough non-district competition, but they've been inconsistent.

Croz, yal will win by at least that much :thumb:

Croz,I have a question for ya...What year was it,when SP and G-ville played under coach Conditt,at g-vilee's field,when coach turned the lights off the field.I was there,and it was priceless watching SP team looking scared at this.Can u remember the score?or someone else?

Croz,I have a question for ya...What year was it,when SP and G-ville played under coach Conditt,at g-vilee's field,when coach turned the lights off the field.I was there,and it was priceless watching SP team looking scared at this.Can u remember the score?or someone else?

1987. 36-0. A lot is being made of injuries and other things but what I remember was a loss for SP. From what I remember Rodney Cummigs was their starting TB and he did play that evening despite reports to the contrary. Now some like to lay the blame at their BB/QB's feet but I can tell ya an offensive lineman for the pirates was the "key" that night.