powerp

What will the final be?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What will the final score be

• SP by 2 td's or less
    • SP by 3 td's or more
    • Coalfield by 2 td's or less
    • Coalfield by 2 td's or more

Sounds about right...SP has had a reason/excuse for everything this year....The injuries have ran its course...I was told his hand was back to normal when he was released so I doubt it's the hand to blame for dropped passes....I just don't think the concentration is there...Not just one player but the whole team...Playmakers make plays but u gotta catch the ball before turning up field...It's the little things that this team seems to lack and its why they will fall short...I said earlier in the year no team has ever won it all without a SR upperclassman in the backfield...All were previous SR QB's as well as SR TB's excluding JR Cory Tipton in 94....As far as leaders I think Lil Stone has the tools to be a leader but seems to lack the confidence to speak up and get in someone's ear.....I asked this question earlier in the year and was told point blank that this team isn't much of a listening bunch...Quote from someone close "They want to make excuses all the time and instead of just listening and being coachable" Several think they know it all...That's the problem...We as fans has seen it or heard about it all year from scrimmages to games were players are being mouthy and finger pointing....I just think that this is it....What we see is what we get...We have been waiting on that game were everyone sees them put it all together for 4 quarters but it isnt going to happen folks...With that being said Im hopeful my thoughts/predictions from early in the year prove to be correct but they are running out of time...This one falls on the SR class as they are ultimately the one that takes it on the chin when they fall short

Great Post! Suggestion #one -Offensively CATCH THE FREAKING BALL BEFORE YOU RUN! DEFENSIVELY- CONCENTRATE ON MAKING THE STOP FIRST -IF YOU HIT THE GUY HARD ENOUGH YOU WILL MAKE THE STOP AND THE BALL WILL COME OUT-IF IT DONT YOU NEED TO HIT HIM A LITTLE HARDER THE NEXT TIME. BUT FIRST YOU NEED TO MAKE THE STOP AND QUIT RUNNING DOWN THE FIELD REACHING OUT TRYING TO ARM TACKLE AND STRIP THE BALL. #1 MAKE THE STOP GUYS.....

Not wanting to make assumptions about this Friday with G'ville and Eagleville, but just wondering about scenarios. I know that if South Pitt and G'ville win then SP travels to Gordonsville. But what is the scenario if Coalfield wins and G'ville wins? Would that matchup be at Coalfield?

Yes...at Coalfield

from tssaa.org

UPPER BRACKET

(3) South Pittsburg (10-2) at (1) Coalfield (10-1)

(2) Gordonsville (9-2) at (1) Eagleville (11-0)

If Coalfield wins, they host.

If South Pittsburg wins they travel to the winner of Gordonsville/Eagleville

Edited by zonepirate

Great Post! Suggestion #one -Offensively CATCH THE FREAKING BALL BEFORE YOU RUN! DEFENSIVELY- CONCENTRATE ON MAKING THE STOP FIRST -IF YOU HIT THE GUY HARD ENOUGH YOU WILL MAKE THE STOP AND THE BALL WILL COME OUT-IF IT DONT YOU NEED TO HIT HIM A LITTLE HARDER THE NEXT TIME. BUT FIRST YOU NEED TO MAKE THE STOP AND QUIT RUNNING DOWN THE FIELD REACHING OUT TRYING TO ARM TACKLE AND STRIP THE BALL. #1 MAKE THE STOP GUYS.....

I saw that stripping crap on film! I'm not sure when that started but half the time it looked like they were more concerned in the 1st half with just trying to strip the ball instead of just laying a hat on someone....Bad habit to pick up....Has Grider been showing them film of that TN D? Lol

We at SP have gotton to spoiled over the years. I mean we beat a team by 11 points and we act like we lost. Every game can't be a mercy rule folks!!We are in the playoff's and it's called surviving. I remember last year when we played Gordonsville and beat them by 11 and all I heard going out the gate was we'll never beat JB in the state if we play them. Don't get me wrong I have been one of these people I have been talking about and it shames me I've acted that way. These boy's need our support instead of lectures all the time. They know what it takes and it's up to them to do it or they will have this eat at them the rest of there lives. Now I do agree some of the team has not been playing ball like they should have and the Coaches need to address that in a very bad way. I don't know if it's jealousy or just some smartmouths on the team that has caused some lackluster play in some of the games this year but it better get taken care of or basketball season is right around the corner and I don't like BB!!!!Goodluck Pirates!!Let's get behind them fans!!

I saw that stripping crap on film! I'm not sure when that started but half the time it looked like they were more concerned in the 1st half with just trying to strip the ball instead of just laying a hat on someone....Bad habit to pick up....Has Grider been showing them film of that TN D? Lol

TT just wanted to comment on something you said and that is you are absolutely right about the excuses!!Excuses are for losers and it's time SP dust ourselves off and get to playing Pirate ball again or go home and play nintendo or whatever!!!

So it's a mystery which kids got thrown out of the game? Does anyone know someone from Lookout Valley? I'm sure they could tell us what players and positions for Coalfield got ejected. I think this pirate team can be really good or they can be mediocre. They have the talent to be really good, but will they let it out this week? it's time to let it all fly. I believe everyone would like to see what the team can do. The boys need to bring it on Friday night and see what happens.

This was posted during the game,by a ShockerO in the Lookout Valley thread if it helps:

(Three Lookout Valley players ejected, including Scribner (Quarterback), another Scribner, and Hevington?

One of them flipped the bird to the Coalfield crowd.

Wow...now Coalfields starting RB Allen Seiber ejected, as well as Seth Francis and Dylan Vann. Both teams lost some of their best players just now. )

Edited by pegleg

They need to play for the Power P on the side of the helmet rather than the number on their back. Team before self always is a better recipe for winning and success.

Speaking of Power P...Power P is crazy. I listened to him last week & it made my prediction look like I was stupid. Power P your crazy. I will give my prediction later in life. :popcorneater: