powerp

What will the final be?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What will the final score be

• SP by 2 td's or less
    • SP by 3 td's or more
    • Coalfield by 2 td's or less
    • Coalfield by 2 td's or more

Coalfield is a great team with a wonderful fan base. It is unfortunate that this happened, but we are STILL a good team. TSSAA set a precedent with Coalfield. This is NOT what our coaching staff wanted. Our coaches were forced by TSSAA to self-impose our consequences and if they were not harsh enough with the consequences then we would be forced to forfeit our game and drop out of the playoffs AS WELL AS be placed on a two year post season probation. I hope that Lookout Valley's punishment is much worse than Coalfields because they clearly started the brawl. I will be anxious to hear their punishment on Monday. As far as SouthPitt and Coalfield....may the best team win, but let me be clear on this. We are a very small town with only a small grocery store and 1 gas station and our 1 school is PreK-12th grade, AND YOU DO NOT have to ride mules to our field. We are a family community with lots of pride and love for our players and coaches. ROY....don't start the coaching switch talk. JARED Henry is the brother to our head coach and you have no need to start that mess.

Most 1a schools are from small towns and communities.

Yes, they are. I was referring to the South Pitt comments about having to ride mules to our field. We ARE a small community, much smaller than South Pittsburg, but we are fortunate enough to have roads:)

Ride mules to the field? LOL, I must have missed that comment. I have been to Coalfield on several occasions. Isn't the state prison in Coalfield? I was thinking it was on a mountain up there.

This shouldn't be a close game unless SP plays down to the competition. SP should take this opportunity to get your offense on track and score, score, then score one more time for good measure. I watched the youtube video of the CF v LV game, Coalfield looks very slow. The speed that SP has will prevail, and should take it to them early and often. That said, its another long bus ride and you are dealing with teenagers.

Someone from SP said earlier that CF is similar to SP football, community, etc. That couldn't be further from the truth. Watch the YouTube video of the CF v LV game, go to 13:40 on the timer, turn your volume up and listen to what the fan/bench yells at #25 for LV as he's tackled in front of the camera. That's the community you are going to Friday night.

Good Luck SP.

Heck @ 8:01 in the youtube video immediately after the fight you can hear someone on the Coalfield sideline yell "Let's do a drive by". Talk about a rough bunch, fighting ball boys & drive by chants. . . geez :flower:

Edited by downanddistance